Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Anyone in the Crowsnest Pass, AB or close in B.C.?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WRXR

WRXR

Anyone in the Crowsnest Pass, AB or close in B.C.? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone in the Crowsnest Pass, AB or close in B.C.?   Anyone in the Crowsnest Pass, AB or close in B.C.? EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 11:00 pm

Just wondering if there is anyone close who'd like to hit the trails and roads around here, once spring is here. Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the Crowsnest Pass, AB or close in B.C.?   Anyone in the Crowsnest Pass, AB or close in B.C.? EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 1:06 am

WRXR wrote:
Just wondering if there is anyone close who'd like to hit the trails and roads around here, once spring is here. Peace YAM
Racehorse Pass?

Deadman Pass?

Corbin Creek --> Elko?

Going to the Sun - Polebridge?

What do you have in mind? I'm pretty boring to ride with, because I'm more about taking in the scenery, taking pictures, and I have a bad habit of stopping to do some flyfishing or generally explore. In other words, tires last me a long time...
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the Crowsnest Pass, AB or close in B.C.?   Anyone in the Crowsnest Pass, AB or close in B.C.? EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 1:14 am

I'm not a crazy teen any more that likes to scare away the hikers.
I am new to the area and new to my WR but I do like taking pics and the outdoors. thumb
I haven't been able to explore the area much because I moved here just before the snow came. Looking to do that, and looking to do some fishing, too!
Very happy
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the Crowsnest Pass, AB or close in B.C.?   Anyone in the Crowsnest Pass, AB or close in B.C.? EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:12 am

Well, I'm probably a good fit for ya then, but I'm about 20 years older and change. You're in the Pass somewhere? Work up at the mines?

I kind of commute back and forth between Kimberley a few hours west of you and Whitefish MT. As you're over in AB, I'm not much inclined to head your way as you're on the very edge of backcountry riding, while I'm right in the middle of it. The Highwood/Kananaskis route just on the east side of the Rockies is a pretty good ride, however, and you can carry on up all the way past Spray Lakes to Canmore, then through Banff through Kootenay, turn East at Settler's Road, down past White Swan and eventually work your way back to Alberta (why, I don't know, but that's another story).

You can also go over either of the above mentioned passes into Alexander Creek, and then into the Elk Valley and up to Elkford or back to Sparwood. Or, you can head south towards the Castle country, cut over at Ptolemy, and come out at Corbin on the Flathead, and then ride all day in the South Country coming out wherever you feel like.

Tons of riding to the west of you. Not so much anywhere else if you want to ride in the mountains.

Bunch of guys in the Pass who call themselves The Quad Squad, they're quadders, but they have some pretty good GPS mapping of where they go. I have just about every main dual sporting route from the Continental Divide to the West Kootenay mapped as well, so I can always hand those off to you to do on your own if you don't want to travel.

Couple of ride reports I did this fall to give you an idea of the kind of riding that is close by:
https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t3104-the-annual-streams-lakes-mountains-rockies-ride-2010
https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t3210-the-2010-last-blast-kootenay-rock-water-ride

For overnighting it and having the legs to go where you want to and not worry about gas, this works pretty good:

Anyone in the Crowsnest Pass, AB or close in B.C.? Imgp7210
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the Crowsnest Pass, AB or close in B.C.?   Anyone in the Crowsnest Pass, AB or close in B.C.? EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 9:27 pm

I live in the Pass but I am one of the few that don't work for the mines. I have been to Kimberly and Cranbrook last fall, nice area.

I gotta talk to the quad squad guys. Maybe they have a nice trail map for around here. Talk to you in spring, if you want, I'd like to get out there and ride.

Nice setup for the bike although I hate luggage. But sometimes you need it huh?!
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the Crowsnest Pass, AB or close in B.C.?   Anyone in the Crowsnest Pass, AB or close in B.C.? EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 10:52 pm

WRXR wrote:
Nice setup for the bike although I hate luggage. But sometimes you need it huh?!
No, you can always just curl up on the ground in your riding gear and try to catch some sleep...

The Giant Loop stuff is barely noticeable on the bike.
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the Crowsnest Pass, AB or close in B.C.?   Anyone in the Crowsnest Pass, AB or close in B.C.? EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 11:46 am

Went to Kimberley and Cranbrook yesterday. By car though. Wow I am so jealous all the snow is gone over there, while I am still stuck with that white stuff here. dddog

Beautiful scenery. Saw many people with quads and dirt bikes, definitely have to take a trip by bike. Rooms in Kimberley are pretty cheap, too. thumb
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the Crowsnest Pass, AB or close in B.C.?   Anyone in the Crowsnest Pass, AB or close in B.C.? EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 7:14 pm

If you think the snow is gone there, go five minutes off the pavement in any direction. Kimberley and Cranbrook are down in the valley bottom; changes quite a bit once you leave the trench.

The quads and dirtbikes are pretty much all headed out to Newgate on the Lake Kookanusa reservoir. This time of the year, you can ride around in mud and goo that is the lake bottom much of the rest of the year, and not have to worry about being ticketed and/or fined if you use some common sense..
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the Crowsnest Pass, AB or close in B.C.?   Anyone in the Crowsnest Pass, AB or close in B.C.? EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 11:29 pm

Still looking for somebody local to hit the trails with. Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the Crowsnest Pass, AB or close in B.C.?   Anyone in the Crowsnest Pass, AB or close in B.C.? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone in the Crowsnest Pass, AB or close in B.C.?
Page 1 of 1