Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Primary Drive chain and sprockets

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dirtytrixx400

dirtytrixx400

Primary Drive chain and sprockets Empty
PostSubject: Primary Drive chain and sprockets   Primary Drive chain and sprockets EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 7:34 am

installed my new drive system over the weekend and got to try it out yesterday on some near by trails with a friend on his brand new ktm300.

Primary Drive chain and sprockets SL380991

i decided to go with the 12/47 sprocket set with a 112 link RDO o'ring chain. i had been using a 12 c/s with the stock 43 tooth rear...better ratio than stock but still too tall of a ratio for single track.

i was also wanting to be able to move my axle further back for as much wheelbase as i could get...the 112 link chain was perfect. now it is at the last 3 line-up marks on the axle block instead of the front marks and i gained more than a inch of difference. and this does make a difference when your working your way up any challenging hill climb. overall i'm very pleased with this set up thumb
i rode trails yesterday that had some challenging spots and i was really enjoying the new lower gearing.
12 c/s....47 rear....112 link chain.....awesome improvement wings
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Primary Drive chain and sprockets   Primary Drive chain and sprockets EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 7:54 am

If you don't have a speedo corrector, or use a gps - you have seriously changed your actual speed from what your factory yamaha speedometer displays.

Something you may want to look into if you see plenty of pavement.

I'm guessing you may be off from reality by almost 25%.....

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
dirtytrixx400

dirtytrixx400

PostSubject: Re: Primary Drive chain and sprockets   Primary Drive chain and sprockets EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 5:36 pm

motokid wrote:
If you don't have a speedo corrector, or use a gps - you have seriously changed your actual speed from what your factory yamaha speedometer displays.

Something you may want to look into if you see plenty of pavement.

I'm guessing you may be off from reality by almost 25%.....

yes....that is on my "to do list". thumb

here's what the 12 tooth c/s i had been using looked like after 2,000 miles....80% dirt/20% street use.
the original rear 43t and the stock chain still in very good shape. i was a little suprised that it was worn this bad.
if i had wanted to stick with the 12/43 set-up i would have just replaced this c/s and probably could have gone another 2k trouble free.

Primary Drive chain and sprockets SL380988

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Primary Drive chain and sprockets   Primary Drive chain and sprockets Empty

Back to top Go down

Primary Drive chain and sprockets
Page 1 of 1