Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Jasons '11 WR

Go down 
+6
skierd
kparks
MotoKirby
trav72
little squirt
liftdt4r
10 posters
AuthorMessage
liftdt4r

liftdt4r

Jasons '11 WR Empty
PostSubject: Jasons '11 WR   Jasons '11 WR EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 7:32 pm

I've had my wr for a month now so I thought I'd post some pics of the new farkles. I love the bike so far, def gonna be doing some power upgrades and a lowering kit in the future. But overall I'm very happy with it.

New, on the day I got her.

Jasons '11 WR IMG00080-20110226-1550

Now, added a bunch of stuff!!

Jasons '11 WR Wr2500409112

Jasons '11 WR Wr2500409111
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

Jasons '11 WR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasons '11 WR   Jasons '11 WR EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 2:08 pm

looks good, are those the DRC rear turn signals? do you have those fork sox things?
Back to top Go down
liftdt4r

liftdt4r

Jasons '11 WR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasons '11 WR   Jasons '11 WR EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 3:09 pm

Yes and Yes, The stock tail was one of the first thing I ditch, I think it looks terrible on the bike. The fork covers are Kreigas, I have them on my YZ and love them, I ride in some sandy spots where the fork seals really take a beating.
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

Jasons '11 WR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasons '11 WR   Jasons '11 WR EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 3:27 pm

liftdt4r wrote:

Jasons '11 WR Wr2500409112

What I want to know is...Who stacked all that wood so nice and neat? Very happy
Back to top Go down
liftdt4r

liftdt4r

Jasons '11 WR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasons '11 WR   Jasons '11 WR EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 6:20 pm

And I thought the first reply would be about my neighbors broken fence. lol

I did, I split it all by hand too belive it or not, good exercise and me being so cheap its also free heat for the winter.
Back to top Go down
MotoKirby

Jasons '11 WR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasons '11 WR   Jasons '11 WR EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:26 pm

Whats that black strap on the fender coming off the fork legs?
Back to top Go down
liftdt4r

liftdt4r

Jasons '11 WR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasons '11 WR   Jasons '11 WR EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 8:37 am

MotoKirby wrote:
Whats that black strap on the fender coming off the fork legs?

It's a Kreiga haul loop. It's basically for when the bike gets stuck your buddy can pull on that while you push the bike. Works very well, I've used it a bunch of times, lots of mud where I ride.
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

Jasons '11 WR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasons '11 WR   Jasons '11 WR EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:00 am

liftdt4r wrote:

It's a Kreiga haul loop. It's basically for when the bike gets stuck your buddy can pull on that while you push the bike. Works very well, I've used it a bunch of times, lots of mud where I ride.

You probably wouldn't need as much if you put on better tires. deal
Back to top Go down
liftdt4r

liftdt4r

Jasons '11 WR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasons '11 WR   Jasons '11 WR EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:37 am

Hey Trav, that's exactly what I've been thinking. These tire are AWFUL in the soft stuff. I know there are a ton of threads on tire choices but I'm probably at 75% street and 25% mud and sand (not even dirt). Can you reccommend a decent tire that isn't going to wear out super quick? Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

Jasons '11 WR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasons '11 WR   Jasons '11 WR EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:53 am

All dual sport tires are compromises. Whether it's in the dirt or on the street. If you are 75% street then you probably should stay away from more aggressive knobbies. In fact, the tires you are running now are probably good for your type of riding. Personally, I like the D606's. You can really rail on them in the twisties and they hook up well in the dirt when you air them down. But they will wear fast on pavement.
Back to top Go down
liftdt4r

liftdt4r

Jasons '11 WR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasons '11 WR   Jasons '11 WR EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:27 am

That's what I was afraid of, I'll probably give them a shot though. I am used to replacing tires on my YZ once a season so even if I don't get a ton fo miles out of them as long as they last for the year I'd be happy enough. Probably going to add them to the long ong list of stuff to buy.
Back to top Go down
kparks

Jasons '11 WR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasons '11 WR   Jasons '11 WR EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:21 pm

so how much did that beauty run you?
Back to top Go down
liftdt4r

liftdt4r

Jasons '11 WR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasons '11 WR   Jasons '11 WR EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:41 pm

kparks wrote:

Wha, probably paid too much but I couldn't find one used anywhere, $7k out the door
Back to top Go down
skierd

Jasons '11 WR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasons '11 WR   Jasons '11 WR EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:48 pm

trav72 wrote:
All dual sport tires are compromises. Whether it's in the dirt or on the street. If you are 75% street then you probably should stay away from more aggressive knobbies. In fact, the tires you are running now are probably good for your type of riding. Personally, I like the D606's. You can really rail on them in the twisties and they hook up well in the dirt when you air them down. But they will wear fast on pavement.

Not in my experience, the D606's, at least the rear, last damn near forever for a motorcycle tire on my bike. Pulled the last one off, completely worn out mind you, at 7000 miles. And they work well right down till the knobs are nubs. thumb
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Jasons '11 WR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasons '11 WR   Jasons '11 WR EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:12 pm

+ 10 on Dave's response. I got incredible return on the 606 for pavement wear. So far the best wearing tire I've ever had on an enduro bike. thumb

trav72

Jasons '11 WR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasons '11 WR   Jasons '11 WR EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:19 pm

skierd wrote:

Not in my experience, the D606's, at least the rear, last damn near forever for a motorcycle tire on my bike. Pulled the last one off, completely worn out mind you, at 7000 miles. And they work well right down till the knobs are nubs. thumb

Skierd, you do a lot of long distance riding which is easier on tire wear. I've never got more than 3500 - 4000 miles on a 606. Which at that point was worthless in the dirt. So I would say if you want the tire to still perform in the dirt, you're looking at 3000 miles. That being said, I do agree that it's one of the best wearing dual sport tires currently out there.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Jasons '11 WR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasons '11 WR   Jasons '11 WR EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:25 pm

I got just a bit more than Dave did on his 606 on about a 60/40 split, dirt favor. That wasn't babying it, either.

Jasons '11 WR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasons '11 WR   Jasons '11 WR EmptySat May 14, 2011 3:04 pm

I've worn out my front D606 before the rear. Things stick so damn well in pavement I drive the bike like it is a Sumo. I'd lose my license if I actually ran 17" street tires on it, I barely slow down for turns now as it is... Very happy

I went to a Michelin T63 on the rear. Very happy with it everywhere AND it is available in the stock size. That big honking 606 on the back is heavy and doesn't do our little bikes any favors in the acceleration or handling department. Plus you don't need to change gearing...
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

Jasons '11 WR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasons '11 WR   Jasons '11 WR EmptySat May 14, 2011 5:58 pm

toast wrote:

I went to a Michelin T63 on the rear. Very happy with it everywhere AND it is available in the stock size. That big honking 606 on the back is heavy and doesn't do our little bikes any favors in the acceleration or handling department. Plus you don't need to change gearing...

Got a pic of the T63 in the stock size on the bike? That's the exact reason I'm hesitant to go with the 606's. I love them but that much extra weight and size would really slow the bike down.
Back to top Go down
skidmarx

skidmarx

Jasons '11 WR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasons '11 WR   Jasons '11 WR EmptySat May 14, 2011 10:28 pm

liftdt4r wrote:
kparks wrote:

Wha, probably paid too much but I couldn't find one used anywhere, $7k out the door

Not really. With all the trouble in Japan, and gas prices on the rise, supply is drying up so the dealers aren't dealing as much. I was only able to get down to 6800 OTD at 2 dealers which is only a little better. I would have had to wait a week for them to get the bike from the Yami warehouse since no one around here has one on hand. One dealer had a leftover 08 though so I got that instead. It hurt a little to know that my value dropped $2000 as soon as I drove away, but a short ride made it all better.
I couldn't find a used one either(at least not within a reasonable distance).
Back to top Go down
liftdt4r

liftdt4r

Jasons '11 WR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasons '11 WR   Jasons '11 WR EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 8:30 pm

Been a long time but figured I'd post a pic from today. I've had this bike for 8+ years now and I'm still in love with it. I finally moved to S Jers so it's seeing a lot more use. Just turned a lowly 5k miles last week.

Jasons '11 WR I9tGBk3
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Jasons '11 WR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasons '11 WR   Jasons '11 WR EmptySun Jun 02, 2019 7:13 am

Very nice.
I see a lot of pics from NJ. that show sandy terrain.
Is it like that everywhere?
Back to top Go down
liftdt4r

liftdt4r

Jasons '11 WR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasons '11 WR   Jasons '11 WR EmptySun Jun 02, 2019 10:02 am

Thanks!! Nope, only South Jersey is sandy like this. All of North Jersey is clay/shale. Basically anything south of Middlesex County is going to be sand. Unfortunately there arent any legal offroad riding places in Northern NJ. Even in SNJ to be legal offroad you have to have a plate. That's one of the reasons I moved to SNJ, 1000s of miles of trails right out my back door.

If you're interested this is an awesome read from a dude who did a tour in a BMW 3 series:

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1109136

If you're ever in the area gimme a shout! I have GPX routes and KMZs for tons and tons of trails.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jasons '11 WR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasons '11 WR   Jasons '11 WR Empty

Back to top Go down

Jasons '11 WR
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: WRR/X Pictures-
Jump to: