Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Gas mileage poll. [keep it short!]

Go down 
+25
xaman
Corycy
Marylucky
oic0
pbnut
twday
v-tec
Dancamp
Jäger
deerHater
YamX1KRR
Six8
Berwyn Henderson
kjharn
JLR2499
skierd
TierHawg
SheWolf
zone47
motokid
mash100
3KGT_Maddness
YZEtc
Hertz
bren5279
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Gas mileage:
40 or less
mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] Empty3%mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] Empty
 3% [ 3 ]
40-50
mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] Empty18%mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] Empty
 18% [ 16 ]
50-60
mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] Empty35%mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] Empty
 35% [ 31 ]
60-70
mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] Empty31%mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] Empty
 31% [ 27 ]
70+
mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] Empty13%mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] Empty
 13% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 88

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
bren5279

mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] Empty
PostSubject: Gas mileage poll. [keep it short!]   mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:18 pm

Noticed there was no thread where everyone just posted the gas mileage theyve been getting.
Sooooo post it up, BUT, in the interest of keeping this short so people dont have to sort through a bunch of discussions, Keep Chat to a Mnimum!!
assuming all street driving.

Only put

Best/Worst MPG:
Mods:
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: Gas mileage poll. [keep it short!]   mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:29 pm

I usually average high 50s

Mods:
Exhaust and heavy right hand.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Gas mileage poll. [keep it short!]   mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 10:12 pm

On Sunday, I got 47, a new high.
This is with my 2008 WR-250X.
Mods:
13/49 sprockets
FMF Q4 muffler
FMF Power Programmer with the original as-delivered settings
Airbox flapper gone
AIS removed

The worst was with the 2008 WR-250R I rode last year, which was in the mid to upper 30s.
Same mods, but with the addition of an FMF Powerbomb head pipe and the FMF programmer had richer settings.
Back to top Go down
3KGT_Maddness

3KGT_Maddness

PostSubject: Re: Gas mileage poll. [keep it short!]   mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 11:16 pm

Mid 50's normally....
HIGH = 73ish
LOW = 45

Mods:
DR.D Exhaust
FMF Programmer
12/43 Sprockets
K&N Air Filter
Airbox Flapper Mod
Back to top Go down
mash100

mash100

PostSubject: Re: Gas mileage poll. [keep it short!]   mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 5:25 am

I get around 75 to 80 miles from full tank to fuel light. Not sure how this translates, as we're talking Imperial miles/gallons, as opposed to US measurements, & also, fuel is sold per litre in the UK, but distances measured in miles. scratch
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Gas mileage poll. [keep it short!]   mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 5:30 am

bren5279 wrote:
Noticed there was no thread where everyone just posted the gas mileage theyve been getting.

Here's one

and two

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
bren5279

PostSubject: Re: Gas mileage poll. [keep it short!]   mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 2:30 pm

Ok well I mean poll so anyone who wanted to see it could just look at the poll results so they wouldnt have to sort through everything.
Back to top Go down
zone47

zone47

PostSubject: Re: Gas mileage poll. [keep it short!]   mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:13 pm

67 mpg average GPS corrected.
Stock gearing
FMF powercore 4
Well heck, just read my signature!
Rider weight 145
99% street riding
No flogging it, but not pampering it either.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Gas mileage poll. [keep it short!]   mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:17 pm

Yeah my mileage is in Canuck gallons. I still get wicked mileage with that. Very happy

PostSubject: Re: Gas mileage poll. [keep it short!]   mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 12:48 am

mash100 wrote:
I get around 75 to 80 miles from full tank to fuel light. Not sure how this translates, as we're talking Imperial miles/gallons, as opposed to US measurements, & also, fuel is sold per litre in the UK, but distances measured in miles. scratch

I get the same range out of my California bike (1.9 gallon tank). Puts mileage right around 50 MPG.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Gas mileage poll. [keep it short!]   mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 1:29 am

40 to 76 mpg, dependng, over the last 40k miles of wrr ownership. Usually 55-60mpg.
Back to top Go down
JLR2499

PostSubject: Re: Gas mileage poll. [keep it short!]   mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 10:56 am

On my first two tanks on my new to me 2008 WRR I got 47 and 49 mpg according to the odometer. I was hoping for closer to 55-60 but oh well, I'll take it. I'm about 210 riding weight so maybe that decreases it some.
Back to top Go down
kjharn

kjharn

PostSubject: Re: Gas mileage poll. [keep it short!]   mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 9:51 pm

I range from 30-50. Usually low 40's. I flog the fuck out of it.
Back to top Go down
zone47

zone47

PostSubject: Re: Gas mileage poll. [keep it short!]   mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 9:23 am

well!! going from the speedometer, I went 72.3 miles and it took .957 gallons to fill it all the way back up. If the mileage was true, that would be like 75 mpg!!! but knocking it down 5 miles which would be 7% error, it's still 70 mpg which isn't too shabby! wink
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Gas mileage poll. [keep it short!]   mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 5:29 pm

zone47 wrote:
well!! going from the speedometer, I went 72.3 miles and it took .957 gallons to fill it all the way back up. If the mileage was true, that would be like 75 mpg!!! but knocking it down 5 miles which would be 7% error, it's still 70 mpg which isn't too shabby! wink

I believe the 7% error is only on the speed - not the distance.

Unless you've corrected your speed and you know you've thrown your distance off that much.

Were you using a gps for distance?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
zone47

zone47

PostSubject: Re: Gas mileage poll. [keep it short!]   mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 11:07 pm

motokid wrote:
zone47 wrote:

I believe the 7% error is only on the speed - not the distance.

Unless you've corrected your speed and you know you've thrown your distance off that much.

Were you using a gps for distance?

No GPS this time. dddog The next time I'm out for a long run I'll check it against the odometer and report back.
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Gas mileage poll. [keep it short!]   mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:57 am

On a resent trip totally on freeway at 75+ on the GPS the average was 47.2 for the near 1000 mile ride. Used mid-grade fuel and stock gearing (13/43). Not bad for the trip I thought. Berwyn tough usa usa
Back to top Go down
Six8

Six8

PostSubject: Re: Gas mileage poll. [keep it short!]   mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 11:05 am

20km per liter dunno
Back to top Go down
YamX1KRR

PostSubject: Re: Gas mileage poll. [keep it short!]   mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 3:50 pm

Freekin Canadians and your fancy metric system!

WR250X
55 mpg
230 lbs with gear
mostly wide open
Pipe, programmer, standard intake mods, blue powerband
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Gas mileage poll. [keep it short!]   mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:03 am

YamX1KRR wrote:

Nah, he's messing with you. In the metric system it's 5 liters per 100 kms! wink

I doubt the USA will ever go fully metric, due to its country of origin. poser2
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Gas mileage poll. [keep it short!]   mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 1:25 pm

YamX1KRR wrote:
What's so fancy about either multiplying or dividing by 10? Too complicated?

I don't like math, not even a little bit. So not having to divide and multiply by 4, 8, 12, 16, 32, or 64 certainly works for me.

If you could ever drag me back to Imperial measures, (where a gallon isn't necessarily the same gallon, depending where you are) back to a system where the unit of measure was established by the length from the King's nose to his thumb, it would be in chains, kicking and screaming.
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

PostSubject: Re: Gas mileage poll. [keep it short!]   mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 1:28 pm

If you don't want to do maths, just move the dot left or right.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Gas mileage poll. [keep it short!]   mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 1:34 pm

deerHater wrote:
I doubt the USA will ever go fully metric, due to its country of origin. poser2
Depends how well the US remembers its history, I suppose, if that really is the issue.
Back to top Go down
YamX1KRR

PostSubject: Re: Gas mileage poll. [keep it short!]   mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 4:14 pm

Didn't mean to derail the thread, I was just messing around, as he was. I am an engineer, I love the metric system, trust me. The general public may not use the metric system, but we sure use it in electrical engineering.

Back to mpg or kpl or whatever you want to post.
Back to top Go down
v-tec

PostSubject: Re: Gas mileage poll. [keep it short!]   mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 5:26 pm

Running in my new R and have been sticking to below 60mph,
100 miles on 5 litres , on standard gearing.
I would be happy with 70 miles on 5 litres,
£1.40 a litre here in the UK , Robbing goverment.

Fantastic Bike
v-tec
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gas mileage poll. [keep it short!]   mileage - Gas mileage poll.     [keep it short!] Empty

Back to top Go down

Gas mileage poll. [keep it short!]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next