Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

X-Hooligan

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CDNSXV

CDNSXV

X-Hooligan Empty
PostSubject: X-Hooligan   X-Hooligan EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 12:06 am

My wife on her X, first time on the stairs. wings

X-Hooligan KellyWRXStairs
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

X-Hooligan Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Hooligan   X-Hooligan EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 1:02 am

Cool! Good to see her out on it. thumb
Amazing what these little bikes make you want to do. Very happy

Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
CDNSXV

CDNSXV

X-Hooligan Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Hooligan   X-Hooligan EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 2:21 am

Thanks for pointing me to this forum.

As to the things that sumo's make me want to do, I did this today .... again. thumb

X-Hooligan John-Ramp

You would be amazed at how many cool and interesting urban obstacles there are in this city once you start looking for them. Seriously, there are stairs EVERYWHERE. cheers
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

X-Hooligan Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Hooligan   X-Hooligan EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 8:57 am

Looks like fun; just don't get in hot water with the boys in blue. thumb

CDNSXV

X-Hooligan Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Hooligan   X-Hooligan EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 10:56 am

I'm trying to figure out what fine or charge they could lay. Near as I can figure the traffic code wouldn't apply because we are not riding on the road. Possibly tresspassing when are on private property but I don't think that would be an expensive fine. The smooth street tires don't do any damage, even on grass, so there is no issue of damaging property which is nice.
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

X-Hooligan Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Hooligan   X-Hooligan EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 11:32 am

CDNSXV wrote:
I'm trying to figure out what fine or charge they could lay. Near as I can figure the traffic code wouldn't apply because we are not riding on the road. Possibly tresspassing when are on private property but I don't think that would be an expensive fine. The smooth street tires don't do any damage, even on grass, so there is no issue of damaging property which is nice.

Failure to keep right most likely. Disorderly conduct is a close runner up too.

pics look fun
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

X-Hooligan Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Hooligan   X-Hooligan EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 3:45 pm

That's a good one...possibly Public Mischief. Who knows. I'm sure Jager would be able to shed some light on that, being a retired RCMP. thumb

CDNSXV

X-Hooligan Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Hooligan   X-Hooligan EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 4:29 pm

The important thing being none of those are related to the traffic code so I can't get points on my licence. I don't mind paying a fine and realistically I can't see it coming to that unless we were being complete idiots and causing damage which we aren't and don't. I'm too old to go around doing that kind of thing.

It is all harmless fun and most importantly done off the roads, out of traffic and away from pedestrians. Who can argue with that?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

X-Hooligan Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Hooligan   X-Hooligan EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 8:22 pm

I hope you wear a cup when you do stoppies like that... freaky

CDNSXV

X-Hooligan Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Hooligan   X-Hooligan EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 8:33 pm

I try not to do stoppies just like that, cause the very next second the bike went all the way over and we both crashed to the ground. GAHHHH
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

X-Hooligan Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Hooligan   X-Hooligan EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 9:46 pm

CDNSXV wrote:
The important thing being none of those are related to the traffic code so I can't get points on my licence.
It is all harmless fun and most importantly done off the roads, out of traffic and away from pedestrians. Who can argue with that?
I hear you on the points. I have a clean license and want it to stay that way.
BTW - I'm pretty sure I can find you someone to argue with. Very happy

SheWolf wrote:
I hope you wear a cup when you do stoppies like that... freaky
Gee, now you're starting to sound like his wife!

CDNSXV wrote:
I try not to do stoppies just like that, cause the very next second the bike went all the way over and we both crashed to the ground. GAHHHH
Ugh. At least someone got the picture though.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

X-Hooligan Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Hooligan   X-Hooligan EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 10:01 pm

Hey I'm just sayin, soft sack and all...I don't have that extra riggin to worry about but even I know it hurts when you slam the fuel tank. eeek

CDNSXV

X-Hooligan Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Hooligan   X-Hooligan EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 10:20 pm

There is no slamming of soft squidgy bits involved. Its all technique. Nice and smooth on the brakes, settle the front end and then pull some serious braking force and the back end rotates up nice and easy. The trick is keeping it up there without going too far.

Quote :
Ugh. At least someone got the picture though.

Yeah, it was one of those, "hey watch this ... " moments. droooool I'm still laughing about it cause the bike suffered absolutely NO damage. It got a little scratch on the tip of the fender as proof the thing went all the way over and that is it. My axle slider exploded on impact but it was one I made myself so I just made another one. The one thing I had been dreading for years actually ended up being a nothing event. IF it had been with a sportbike I'd still be crying over the cost of broken parts.

I'm pretty relaxed about throwing bikes on the ground though. The WR has already been on the ground twice and it only has about 400 k on it. They are just tools of the trade and ya fix em when the get broken, no big deal. I think my Aprilia has been on the ground 5 or 6 times now. Mostly minor drops except for the biggie I did last summer. But then I came off worse than the bike in that one.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

X-Hooligan Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Hooligan   X-Hooligan EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 2:11 am

SheWolf wrote:
That's a good one...possibly Public Mischief. Who knows. I'm sure Jager would be able to shed some light on that, being a retired RCMP. thumb
I never practised the craft in K Division, just E Division. So I don't know squat about Alberta laws. But a friend I used to work with pulled the plug and went to play with Calgary police service. He was overdue for a phone call, so I asked him if this was a traffic offense.

His reply? "Hell yes; that's a ticket under the regulations every time". It is an offence for a person operating a vehicle to drive the vehicle across any ditch, sidewalk, boulevard, etc except at crossings specifically designated and provided for that purpose - i.e. driveways into your garage at home. Which, apparently, accompanies a section of the Code which requires the operator of a vehicle to keep the vehicle as closely as possible to the center of the traffic lane. That's to be found in the regulations of the Alberta Traffic Safety Act, under the rules of the road sections. He thinks you could probably also be ticketed under the "prohibited operation of a vehicle" section of the Traffic Safety Act, although he's not sure as he's not a traffic man.

Sounds like if you try this stuff you're liable for the full meal deal response of the local police force: he said even he'd write the ticket for something like that.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

X-Hooligan Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Hooligan   X-Hooligan EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 10:06 am

Jäger wrote:
Which, apparently, accompanies a section of the Code which requires the operator of a vehicle to keep the vehicle as closely as possible to the center of the traffic lane.

*coughs* I don't mind doing that when the pavement is dry...when it's wet? eeek That's where all the oil sits! I found out about that back when I had my old DT... You can see where the majority of oil and crap sticks to the road when the road is dry, especially in dips and humps that are already there. Next time check the point of the hump just as it starts to rise...those off-color areas are oil smudges from vehicles as they come within the closest parameter of the road. But you guys already knew that. lurk

ZED

X-Hooligan Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Hooligan   X-Hooligan EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 11:44 am

SheWolf wrote:
Jäger wrote:
Which, apparently, accompanies a section of the Code which requires the operator of a vehicle to keep the vehicle as closely as possible to the center of the traffic lane.

*coughs* I don't mind doing that when the pavement is dry...when it's wet? eeek That's where all the oil sits! I found out about that back when I had my old DT... You can see where the majority of oil and crap sticks to the road when the road is dry, especially in dips and humps that are already there. Next time check the point of the hump just as it starts to rise...those off-color areas are oil smudges from vehicles as they come within the closest parameter of the road. But you guys already knew that. lurk
Yes, but keep in mind SheWolf. Such laws are not designed for the rider's safety. They are designed with the perception of safety in mind by folks that don't actually ride.

Personally I use the whole lane. I change my lane position between the lines back and forth depending upon lane conditions, traffic, etc. Can I get a ticket for that? I don't have to talk to the city cops to find that out. I know they'll pull me over just for being in the way. (that's my kind of luck in this town). Very occasionally they find something that they can actually legitimately ticket me for. Meanwhile, they and other drivers will swerve in and out of the lines, change lanes and turn without looking or signaling.

On a motorcycle we have to be extra carful with the rules of the road because we attract attention anyway, just by being different. We are a minority without perceived disability. Therefore we will always be picked on and discriminated against. Our rights really are not the same so we need to work hard to not diminish them through actions any further.

I think the only way you may be safe to ride a set of stairs or something would be to do so on private property with written consent from the owner. However, here in Cowtown we have so many dumb city bylaws that they could get you under one of them.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

X-Hooligan Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Hooligan   X-Hooligan EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 12:09 pm

Oh I fully utilize the whole lane I'm in if I have to...have you ever had a gator skin fly off the back of a transport truck and have it coming straight at you?!! eeek Not fun on a bike...I've seen those things take out windshields on cagers in the blink of an eye. Out here there are a lot of gators laying around so you have to be ever so wary of road obstacles. As the driver of the transport truck, you're supposed to check the skins during the PT before the truck even turns a wheel; unfortunately not every whack on the tire will uncover a skin ready to fly off. That's why it's illegal to run recaps on the steering axles of any vehicle. Have a gator fly off the front wheel when you're driving? Could be instant death. Suspect Ok, I'll get back on track here. *smacks self* Got any more picks of yer tricks there, Hooligan? lurk

ZED

X-Hooligan Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Hooligan   X-Hooligan EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 12:19 pm

How easily we digress eh? The shiny object of discussion.

How about we propose that CDNSXV change is name to CDNHooligan? Very happy
Back to top Go down
CDNSXV

CDNSXV

X-Hooligan Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Hooligan   X-Hooligan EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 12:23 pm

Once you ride one, you will discover that SXV is in fact synonymous with the word hooligan. wings
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

X-Hooligan Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Hooligan   X-Hooligan EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 12:46 pm

I may have to try that out to see for myself one day.
I expect you're right though as the little buggers sure fill one's head with bad ideas...
Back to top Go down
CDNSXV

CDNSXV

X-Hooligan Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Hooligan   X-Hooligan EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 11:51 pm

Quote :
Sounds like if you try this stuff you're liable for the full meal deal response of the local police force: he said even he'd write the ticket for something like that.

Yeah, way easier to be a tax collector rather then solving some real crimes?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

X-Hooligan Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Hooligan   X-Hooligan Empty

Back to top Go down

X-Hooligan
Page 1 of 1