Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rc23

rc23

WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue Empty
PostSubject: WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue   WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue EmptyTue May 24, 2011 11:38 am

How does everyones left side panel fit? Is the black radiator cover supposed to fit flush with the edge of the outside panel? Mine has a gap and I'm trying to make sure its supposed to be this way.

I'll post pics tonight.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
mattf

PostSubject: Re: WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue   WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue EmptyTue May 24, 2011 12:37 pm

picture would help. there is no radiator cover on the left side since the radiator is on the right side but I assume you mean the all black plastic piece in front of the left side shroud panel. mine fits in perfectly so if your's doesn't look right it probably isn't. that Black piece should have a hole towards the bottom near the neck of the frame that hooks over a little rubber piece and the two bolt holes towards the outside of the bike will share with the bolt holes of the side panel itself. they should fit together very nicely before you tighten the bolts.
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

PostSubject: Re: WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue   WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue EmptyTue May 24, 2011 1:37 pm

Yea - I meant the black radiator overflow cover.

I'll post some pics tonight when I get home. I have a feeling it was never right since I bought it.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue   WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue EmptyTue May 24, 2011 1:47 pm

Yep - left side - clutch side - that black cover fits tight and snug up under the tank shroud.

No gaps.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

PostSubject: Re: WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue   WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue EmptyTue May 24, 2011 8:55 pm

Pics attached. If I line up the two front holes - the the tab near the seat that goes in the tank is nowhere near where it needs to be...even if i push it into place. If I put that screw in with the other front 2 out - it pulls the outside away from the inner radiator overflow cover. I've tried messing around with everything on it...there are only the 2 holes in front, the one hole that goes into the tank, and the piece that slides onto the tank....something is just not right. I dont know if the bracket holding the rectifier (two front holes) is bent or what.

Bike was bought brand new with 0 miles....

scratch

WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue 2134412690058907145S600x600Q85

WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue 2306988730058907145S600x600Q85

WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue 2581118850058907145S600x600Q85
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue   WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue EmptyTue May 24, 2011 8:58 pm

My hunch is that the plastic pieces aren't put together correctly.
Remove them and double-check you haven't missed putting a "tab A" into a "slot B".
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

PostSubject: Re: WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue   WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue EmptyTue May 24, 2011 9:09 pm

I can only see it going on one way - I've dis-assembled tons of bikes and never run into something like this.

Correct me if I'm wrong:

The slot slides onto the tab mounted on the tank - the two mounting tabs up front go in front of bracket(facing forward) and then the black inner piece goes in front of that and screws on. So from the front its black inner piece / white tab from shroud / bracket with threads.

To clarify: Picture 1 and 2 are with the shroud assembled and all screws in place. Picture 3 is with the front two in place and flush like it should look imo...
Back to top Go down
mattf

PostSubject: Re: WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue   WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue EmptyTue May 24, 2011 10:37 pm

looking at picture 2, if the bolts are in place I can't imagine the bolts are going through the holes in the tabs on the white shroud. you do have the order right but something is not right.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue   WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue EmptyWed May 25, 2011 12:14 am

first take off the side panel or pull it out at the front mount point, then remove the thank shroud.

on the back at the top towards the middle is a small loop molded to the shroud. this slides over the little metal tab on the gas tank. (like you said)

next pop in the rear part by the seat where the panel meets by the seat. there is a rubber grommet with two grooves. the upper is for the shroud the lower groove is for the side panel.

the blue is my tank shroud popped onto the grommet, then snap the side panel on after wards into that lower groove.

WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue Bd7dc193

put screw in top side of shroud through the tank, where the seat covers up when on.

next make sure the two tabs on the shroud pop over and in front of the bracket like this:

WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue 16584b31

next take that front plastic shield and make sure the bottom fits over that rubber grommet like this:

WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue B19c439b

then push the panel up and inside the shroud and install bolts:

WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue 93322cf8

hope this helps some for ya
thumb

Last edited by little squirt on Wed May 25, 2011 12:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue   WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue EmptyWed May 25, 2011 12:22 am

dutch

sorry had to edit this post...felt like some beer would do the trick
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

PostSubject: Re: WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue   WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue EmptyWed May 25, 2011 9:04 am

Thanks for the write up - That's exactly the way I have it.

I'll try assembling it in different orders, etc. I seriously think something is bent or out of place.

Will report back.

-Ross
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue   WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 8:47 am

Did we ever find the answer?
I was thinking of this thread while I removed and installed my shrouds yesterday.
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

PostSubject: Re: WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue   WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 10:41 am

Nope - I just finished safety wiring the bike and had everything off. Put everything back together and still have the same issue. The only thing I can think of is the left side bracket that has the 2 bolt holes is bent. Something must have happened at the original dealer.

No clue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue   WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue Empty

Back to top Go down

WRX Left Side Panel (Shroud) Issue
Page 1 of 1