Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Thanks to She Wolf from the members.

Go down 
+12
dc4stroke
rokka
YZEtc
mordicai
Merigold
motokid
speedfiend
trav72
SheWolf
bsheet2
jeickerman
Muddyrabbit
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Muddyrabbit

Thanks to She Wolf from the members. Empty
PostSubject: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. EmptyFri May 27, 2011 3:19 pm

Da Back Story.

Meredith and I have been lurking on the site since like late december, and finally started posting a while later. Even when we were lurkers we noticed how much time She Wolf puts into projects, like the IMS tanks. All just for love of the sport and to help her fellow riders. Her time on the IMS 4.75 gallon tank alone is something to be thankful for, without here that tank probably would not exist. Then I found out she wasn't even getting one! She also helped us put together a super secret deal that helped our tiny shop get an initial purchase taken care of. Then as we exchanged messages I found out her lid is well, err, phucked. Just no other way to put it. On top of that she just couldn't justify dropping the cash on a good quality lid right now, and was about to pull the trigger on something cheap. So bunch of members chipped in for a new lid for her. We tried to keep it a total surprise, but she was getting antsy to get a new lid. So excuses like "don't buy a lid, there is this cool new helmet coming in a couple of weeks" were wearing thin, and eventually I had to let her know a lid was coming to her, but this will be the first she knows of EXACTLY what is coming. Now She Wolf for the effort she put in on the tank deal alone deserves quality. So this is what Meredith and the members and I chipped in to get her:

Thanks to She Wolf from the members. Helmet_arai_xd3_white_1

But remember this is no ordinary lady.

Thanks to She Wolf from the members. DirtyR

Thanks to She Wolf from the members. TreeKiller

So no ordinary XD3 is going to cut it.

So off to our neighbor who practices the art of hand pin striping and lettering it went.

Now THIS is a She Wolf worthy helmet!

Thanks to She Wolf from the members. Smugshot331959-L

Thanks to She Wolf from the members. Smugshot4903385-L

Thanks to She Wolf from the members. Smugshot7662783-L

Thanks to She Wolf from the members. Smugshot1259570-L

As I type Meredith is packaging it up to ship. So from us and a bunch of members, THANK YOU!
Back to top Go down
jeickerman

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. EmptyFri May 27, 2011 3:54 pm

Muddyrabbit wrote:

Thanks to She Wolf from the members. Smugshot1259570-L

AWESOME cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. EmptyFri May 27, 2011 3:57 pm

Very nice! Well done.

And thank you SheWolf for all your effort!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. EmptyFri May 27, 2011 4:03 pm

eeek Oh...my....I'm at a loss for words here...Thanks to She Wolf from the members. Sad81_10 Jeez, thanks you guys! That doesn't even cut it...damn. I've never had a customized lid, let alone a high end one like that...that's just Thanks to She Wolf from the members. Sad-smiley-023. Thanks so much! freaky It really sucks tho that we live so far apart, but that's what's great about the internet. It brings ppl like all of you together for one main cause. thumb Holy crap...Rabbit you gotta get Meredith to start posting on here. Here's to all of you WR riders on here, you rock! wings cheers Thanks to She Wolf from the members. Jumping

OMG that pic has come back to haunt me... Shog

trav72

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. EmptyFri May 27, 2011 4:08 pm

Very nice rabbit! I love the customization you had done! That was definitely well worth the donation!
Back to top Go down
speedfiend

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. EmptyFri May 27, 2011 4:37 pm

It's obvious what she really needs is a good belt so she can ditch the suspenders. needpics

That looks a lot like my XP385-28" but maybe a little bigger so I'll just send $10 to muddy instead of a spare chain.

The 'return to sender' sticker peeled off easy enough so open the envelope this time. ;-) [speedfiend]

Last edited by speedfiend on Fri May 27, 2011 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. EmptyFri May 27, 2011 4:39 pm

Totally awesome muddyrabbit.

If anybody deserves it - it's Shewolf.

Congrats.

cheers cheers cheers

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Merigold

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. EmptyFri May 27, 2011 4:52 pm

Well, Shewolf, you asked and you shall receive! Here I am. I really hope you enjoy the new lid, you really do deserve it! And it's so freakin' cool!

wings

You never know, Muddy is always planning future trips... we may end up your way at some point.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:10 pm

Mer!! wings Glad you finally made it on here! freaky I'd love to meet up with you guys if you ever do make it to this end of the woods. That would be a total blast! thumb Very happy Thank you again, I'm still in shock. Shog

Speedy, it is in fact a 385XP, perfed up...just a bit... Very happy with the 28" on there. Now it's got a 38" for the cedars. I had to keep the suspenders on to keep it somewhat clean... Shog

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. EmptyFri May 27, 2011 6:14 pm

Congratulations She Wolf. You really deserve it. Thanks for taking care of this Forum for us.
Back to top Go down
jeickerman

PostSubject: model the lid   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. EmptyFri May 27, 2011 6:17 pm

I think when SheWolf gets her new lid, she will have to model it for us, preferably in a bikini. wink
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. EmptyFri May 27, 2011 6:32 pm

OMFG...I don't think I have enuf bags to hand out... hide

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. EmptySat May 28, 2011 6:27 am

Holy shit, what a nice thing for you folks to do. :)

You are gonna' like that Arai.
I've been wearing them for at least 15 years, and I've never worn a better brand of helmet. thumb
Back to top Go down
rokka

rokka

PostSubject: Så fint gjort !   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. EmptySat May 28, 2011 11:52 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. EmptySun May 29, 2011 2:46 am

I guess I should keep up with whats happnin around here. Wolfie I feel bad for not being a contibutor. But you deserve it. You do so much for this bunch.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. EmptySun May 29, 2011 10:23 am

It's all good, no worries. I just like helping fellow riders if I can, that's all it's ever been...and maybe some comic relief at my own expense. Very happy

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. EmptySun May 29, 2011 9:53 pm

The problem with (some) women riders and helmets is that it can get kinda like... well women and shoes and handbags.

*in a very gay voice*
It's all about the accessories and accessorizing!

So Lynn, are you leaning towards adding the tint shield, pin lock shield with tint insert, or light sensitive goggles? lurk

Last edited by Muddyrabbit on Sun May 29, 2011 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. EmptySun May 29, 2011 10:50 pm

Light sensitive goggles for sure! thumb I'm tossing the pinlock thing around; it looks like a pretty slick setup. I see what you mean about the +/- reviews on it; it seems like the biggest whine is that the snap shield loses its tack more and more every time you clean it. I haven't been able to see one up and personal, which is too bad. I'd really like to see how easy/hard it is to place and remove that snap shield. Again, some say its easy and some say it's a real pain in the ass. dunno The tinted shield is pretty nice too. But yeah, dammit if I couldn't find any decent pics of that pinlock system. GAHHHH

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. EmptySun May 29, 2011 11:07 pm

Hey cool appreciation gift
Good job there Wuffie yer the WR riders best friend cheers
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. EmptySun May 29, 2011 11:11 pm

So how come you ain't out there ridin' with me then hey? dddog Traitor riding that damned trials thingy majiggy... amazon

PostSubject: Has the new lid shown up yet?   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 4:14 pm

If so, we need photos of it on your noggin!

John
Back to top Go down
No~One

No~One

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 4:59 pm

I give my praise to the Alpha Rider. thumb
Back to top Go down
Muddyrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 9:40 pm

So the lid sat around for a week while She Wolf picked out a tint shield and some goggles, then the Canoodian post office went on strike, then our small bank lost their minds when they found out that bad people commit credit card fraud and shut down EVERY CUSTOMERS DEBIT CARDS. Seriously its like they JUST found out about card fraud and ran around in a panic. So we cant use our card to pay for shipping on the FedEx website. So today we drove out to Solon Ohio which is the nearest Fed Ex location where i nearly murdered two employees while trying to ship this thing to North Idaho or wherever the hell BC is. Columbia is in South America and they dont speak British so you aint fooloing me! But it is FINALY on its way!!!!

Meanwhile back at the IMS tank debacle fest...
Back to top Go down
Muddyrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 6:30 pm

So Lynn, did the fedex man come today?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 7:26 pm

No, haven't heard a thing from anyone. dunno I'll post up once everything makes it into my sick little paws. sick

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to She Wolf from the members.   Thanks to She Wolf from the members. Empty

Back to top Go down

Thanks to She Wolf from the members.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next