Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Durable offroad blinkers for an R????

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DougZ

DougZ

Durable offroad blinkers for an R???? Empty
PostSubject: Durable offroad blinkers for an R????   Durable offroad blinkers for an R???? EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 6:17 pm

I am sick of ziptieing my stockers in place, on the rear.

Anyone have a good recommendation for a set that will work, and still be durable enough not to break when I drop the bike. And that seems to happen a lot.

No worried if they are LED or not..either will work for me.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Durable offroad blinkers for an R????   Durable offroad blinkers for an R???? EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 6:31 pm

I've got flush mounted DRC's on mine. I was gonna go with the smaller stick ones but figured going flush would eliminate any kind of breakage.

liftdt4r

PostSubject: Re: Durable offroad blinkers for an R????   Durable offroad blinkers for an R???? EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 8:52 pm

I have the DRC Edge rear and the stick style turn signals, I have had no problem with them and have had several crashes. They hug the bike a lot tighter than the stockers and are much smaller so they don't take much damage.

However, they both have dirt and water in them and have since the 2nd ride. They don't seal up well. Also, no matter how much you crank down the bolts that hold them in they will spin when you ride and have ended up backwards. A piece of electrical tape will solve that problem. All in all for the extra 40 bucks I would probably do the integrated turn signals. If these ever brake off that's probably what Ill do.
Back to top Go down
foofighter

foofighter

PostSubject: Re: Durable offroad blinkers for an R????   Durable offroad blinkers for an R???? EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:00 pm

Well you just convinced me to go integrated instead of getting the LED turn signals. I think it will be a clean look, and then there is no worries about breaking them off...
Back to top Go down
Akasy

PostSubject: Blinkers   Durable offroad blinkers for an R???? EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 10:55 pm

I like the stock ones--if they pop off I've very easily just reseated them.
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Durable offroad blinkers for an R????   Durable offroad blinkers for an R???? EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 8:59 am

Overall, I like the stockers too..BUT, the piece that secures them, once popped back into the housing, the piece with two tabs, that goes into the upper and lower slots, on the outside of the blinker "stalk"..does not keep this one secured since of of those "slots" is torn on one side. So, the locking piece is now useless.

I tend to ride and crash the WRR harder than most folks. I have already bent two sets of bars, bent my pegs and have to install a new set soon, and done a good job of breaking my plastics. Really, those front side pieces are a ridiculous design. Took all of two seconds for the black piece to break away from the blue side pieces...those cheesy plastic welds were useless. LOL. My bike is two months old and looks two years old. Very happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Durable offroad blinkers for an R????   Durable offroad blinkers for an R???? Empty

Back to top Go down

Durable offroad blinkers for an R????
Page 1 of 1