Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Gas Tank Removal

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sedwards

Gas Tank Removal Empty
PostSubject: Gas Tank Removal   Gas Tank Removal EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 4:27 pm

SO first off, thanks to all the people who have posted how-to's on the site. Im deep into disassembly and the exup/ais removal and all has gone well so far. Ive heard that you can mess up the fuel pump if you are not careful. My question is how do you unhook the white connector and the black connector under the fuel tank? I'd rather be safe than sorry. I need to remove the tank as i have ordered longer throttle and clutch cables from Motion Pro. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Gas Tank Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Tank Removal   Gas Tank Removal EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 10:25 pm

Where the fuel line connects to the fuel pump, there is an orange colored (well, on my bike it's orange) safety latch thingy that must be first slid out of the way.
Then, the fuel line connector has greenish colored thingies on either side of it that must be squeezed in order for the fuel line to then be able to slide off the fuel pump fitting.
Back to top Go down
sedwards

Gas Tank Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Tank Removal   Gas Tank Removal EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 11:02 pm

Thanks! So the orange clip slides off? Its hard for me to get under there as ive rigged up a lift to hold the tank up while i get under it. Between bad lighting in the garage and my aging eyes, it is hard to see![i]
Back to top Go down
Pistonman

Gas Tank Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Tank Removal   Gas Tank Removal EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 1:12 am

I pumped all the fuel out of my tank and tilted it to the left, turned the handlebars left, and tied it off.
This allowed me plenty of room to install and wire a power commander and autotune.
I had plenty of room to get to the wire bundle. I did not want to risk breaking a connector.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Gas Tank Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Tank Removal   Gas Tank Removal EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 7:10 am

sedwards wrote:
Thanks! So the orange clip slides off? Its hard for me to get under there as ive rigged up a lift to hold the tank up while i get under it. Between bad lighting in the garage and my aging eyes, it is hard to see![i]

First, get the bike into some light.
Trust me on that one.

The orange clip slides downward, out of the way so you can then squeeze the green thingies, which will release the fuel line connector's lock on the fuel pump fitting.
You will slide the fuel line connector off the fuel pump fitting as you squeeze the green thingies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gas Tank Removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gas Tank Removal   Gas Tank Removal Empty

Back to top Go down

Gas Tank Removal
Page 1 of 1