Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS 3.1 reserve, how much?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
deerHater

reserve - IMS 3.1 reserve, how much? Empty
PostSubject: IMS 3.1 reserve, how much?   reserve - IMS 3.1 reserve, how much? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:34 am

Without changing the fuel level sensor location (I assume it's on the fuel pump??), how much gas remains in the tank when the low fuel light first comes on?

I just installed my 3.1 this weekend, and won't have time to test this before a longish ride (1,800 kms) in about a week.

Last edited by deerHater on Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3.1 reserve, how much?   reserve - IMS 3.1 reserve, how much? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:33 am

My light usually pops on right around 2.4 gallons burned, so about .7gal left.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3.1 reserve, how much?   reserve - IMS 3.1 reserve, how much? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 2:23 pm

Same experience here.
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3.1 reserve, how much?   reserve - IMS 3.1 reserve, how much? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:23 pm

Me too, .7 to .85 gal, Berwyn
Back to top Go down
Otter

Otter

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3.1 reserve, how much?   reserve - IMS 3.1 reserve, how much? EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 6:08 pm

My IMS Fuel tank is advertised as a 3.0 gallon. The .7 to .8 gallons reserve suggested sounds about right. Using Arizona premium fuel, my "F" odometer was just over 55 miles when my bike sputtered to a stop. My driving while on reserve was completely mixed. I was on-highway, through hills, city- streets, etc. I did not move the reserve sensor on the fuel pump, California stock motor, stock sprockets, stock tires, and stock exhaust.

reserve - IMS 3.1 reserve, how much? Img_2421
Back to top Go down
trinc4me

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3.1 reserve, how much?   reserve - IMS 3.1 reserve, how much? EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 9:36 am

deerHater wrote:
Without changing the fuel level sensor location (I assume it's on the fuel pump??), how much gas remains in the tank when the low fuel light first comes on?

I just installed my 3.1 this weekend, and won't have time to test this before a longish ride (1,800 kms) in about a week.

Question for you deerhater.....did you use the original V-shaped gasket with the fuel pump, or the round O-ring one that comes with the tank? I installed my IMS 3.1 yesterday and it was fine all evening....woke up and it is leaking this morning.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3.1 reserve, how much?   reserve - IMS 3.1 reserve, how much? EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 3:30 pm

trinc4me wrote:
deerHater wrote:

Question for you deerhater.....did you use the original V-shaped gasket with the fuel pump, or the round O-ring one that comes with the tank? I installed my IMS 3.1 yesterday and it was fine all evening....woke up and it is leaking this morning.

Thanks
Definitely use the big fat O-ring that comes with the IMS tank!

I bought mine just after IMS released the WR250R/X 3.1 tank but did not install it for a while.
Then early adopters/installers noticed leakage even with the IMS O-ring gasket.
IMS then shipped THICKER O-ring gaskets to all of us.
I installed my 3.1 with the thicker O-ring. It's been on the bike over a year, over 5K kms, never leaked a drop of gas! thumb
Back to top Go down
trinc4me

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3.1 reserve, how much?   reserve - IMS 3.1 reserve, how much? EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 3:38 pm

deerHater wrote:
trinc4me wrote:
deerHater wrote:

Thanks
Definitely use the big fat O-ring that comes with the IMS tank!

I bought mine just after IMS released the WR250R/X 3.1 tank but did not install it for a while.
Then early adopters/installers noticed leakage even with the IMS O-ring gasket.
IMS then shipped THICKER O-ring gaskets to all of us.
I installed my 3.1 with the thicker O-ring. It's been on the bike over a year, over 5K kms, never leaked a drop of gas! thumb

Thanks DH. I used the original v-shaped gasket and it definitely leaked. Re-installed earlier today with the big O-ring and so far so good, but haven't put all the shrouds, seat etc back on yet......keeping my fingers crossed thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMS 3.1 reserve, how much?   reserve - IMS 3.1 reserve, how much? Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS 3.1 reserve, how much?
Page 1 of 1