Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

2011 Silverton, CO trip photos

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

2011 Silverton, CO trip photos Empty
PostSubject: 2011 Silverton, CO trip photos   2011 Silverton, CO trip photos EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 2:43 pm

[img]2011 Silverton, CO trip photos Img_0016[/img]

And more: http://tinyurl.com/3rpo3jg
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Silverton, CO trip photos   2011 Silverton, CO trip photos EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 6:34 pm

Very nice! Thanks for sahring the photos.

How did the WRR do in the altitude?? Stock set up?? Gearing??
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Silverton, CO trip photos   2011 Silverton, CO trip photos EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 8:46 pm

bsheet2 wrote:

Thanks. You are welcome.

WRR did just fine at all altitudes. After Silverton, rode Moab 3 days, then Crested Butte 2 days-and she did fine at all elevations.

Setup-standard 3 EPA devices removed.
FMF Megabomb header
FMF Q4 Pipe
FMF Programmer
New DID Xring chain
New 13t Renthal drive sprocket
New 47t Primary Drive rear sprocket

One thing missing was that I failed to set suspension to my 210 weight...will fix soon.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Silverton, CO trip photos   2011 Silverton, CO trip photos EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 11:19 am

PYG RYDR wrote:
bsheet2 wrote:

Thanks. You are welcome.

WRR did just fine at all altitudes. After Silverton, rode Moab 3 days, then Crested Butte 2 days-and she did fine at all elevations.
Ride report....
Back to top Go down
dducatih

PostSubject: SIlverton Trip   2011 Silverton, CO trip photos EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 2:00 pm

I'll be doing much the same trip the week of August 21, 2011. It was good to see the remaining snow pack and general trial conditions. Thanx.
I am currently prepping a 2008 WRR250R for use next season but it won't be ready for the upcoming ride. I see that your EFI worked fine at all altitudes on the WRR.
I also note there was a DRZ400 in the group. Do you know if he did any special jetting or if he had issues?
I live in Denver so I'm jetted for around 8-10K ft. Last summer I had some stalling issues and difficult re-starts above 11K ft.
Lastly, ...is that a Sargent aftermarket seat? Just getting ideas for my next ride. thumb
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Silverton, CO trip photos   2011 Silverton, CO trip photos EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 4:13 pm

dducatih wrote:
I'll be doing much the same trip the week of August 21, 2011. It was good to see the remaining snow pack and general trial conditions. Thanx.
I am currently prepping a 2008 WRR250R for use next season but it won't be ready for the upcoming ride. I see that your EFI worked fine at all altitudes on the WRR.
I also note there was a DRZ400 in the group. Do you know if he did any special jetting or if he had issues?

No special jetting and he normally rides at ~1000 ft.

The DR350 did require re-jetting; and was done after poor performance at Silvert
on.

I live in Denver so I'm jetted for around 8-10K ft. Last summer I had some stalling issues and difficult re-starts above 11K ft.

Lastly, ...is that a Sargent aftermarket seat? I know it is not stock and cannot remember if the DRZ seat was a Sargent or Ronzaco?

Just getting ideas for my next ride. thumb
Back to top Go down
dducatih

PostSubject: Silverton Ride.   2011 Silverton, CO trip photos EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:26 pm

Actually I was asking about what looks like an aftermarket seat on the WRR in the lead picture.....and not the seat on the DRZ. Thanks
Dave in Denver
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Silverton, CO trip photos   2011 Silverton, CO trip photos EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:50 pm

dducatih wrote:
Actually I was asking about what looks like an aftermarket seat on the WRR in the lead picture.....and not the seat on the DRZ. Thanks
Dave in Denver

"Seat Concepts" on my WRR
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Silverton, CO trip photos   2011 Silverton, CO trip photos Empty

Back to top Go down

2011 Silverton, CO trip photos
Page 1 of 1