Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

dual sport boots?

Go down 
+14
Swagger
chuckP
grnd0
honeybadger
MotoKirby
jon_l
Arkmage
Coop
yooper
DragonNester
RattTongue
sturgeon
Chief_Lee_Visceral
wrik
18 posters
AuthorMessage
wrik

dual sport boots? Empty
PostSubject: dual sport boots?   dual sport boots? EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 1:10 am

My Fly MX boots are hard to fit under my shifter. Raised it one groove on the spline and its still tough. Have considered pivot pegs but thought for the price of them I may buy another pair of boots when riding the WR instead of the YZ! Change of shifter? Change of pegs? change of boots?
Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

dual sport boots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dual sport boots?   dual sport boots? EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 1:59 am

I like my Sidi Discovery. They are waterproof and you can walk pretty well in them. I use MX boots if I am likely to catch an ankle but the Discovery for most riding.
Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

dual sport boots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dual sport boots?   dual sport boots? EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 11:02 am

Chief_Lee_Visceral wrote:
I like my Sidi Discovery. They are waterproof and you can walk pretty well in them. I use MX boots if I am likely to catch an ankle but the Discovery for most riding.

+1 I love my Sidis.
Back to top Go down
RattTongue

dual sport boots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dual sport boots?   dual sport boots? EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 11:37 am

I have some [url=Gaerne Balance Pro-tech]http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/6/3/13216/ITEM/Gaerne-Balance-Pro-Tech-Boots.aspx[/url] boots I really like.
Back to top Go down
DragonNester

DragonNester

dual sport boots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dual sport boots?   dual sport boots? EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 8:46 pm

I've used Gaerne G-Adventure dual sport/atv boots for years. They've always been comfortably right out of the box...no break-in. They used to be called the Explorer model (I think) but now have been replaced by the G-Adventure model. they are lined, water proof and less expensive than Sidi but with the same Italian quality.

Oh yeah, they are sized accurately.
dual sport boots? Gaerne_zps9e0f0e10

Last edited by DragonNester on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
yooper

yooper

dual sport boots? Empty
PostSubject: Dual sport boot   dual sport boots? EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 5:30 pm

Sidi onroads fit like a glove right out of the box. Size 15 US
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

dual sport boots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dual sport boots?   dual sport boots? EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 8:05 pm

I wear AlpineStar's tech 3's with the "adventure" sole. I have had them a few years and broke them in riding my KDX so they work fine. I also have a pair of Shift Fuel's for everyday commuting/street only riding. We just bought my wife some Fox Comp3 boots for riding on her DR200SE and they are pretty stiff still.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

dual sport boots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dual sport boots?   dual sport boots? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 9:07 am

I have a set of tech 3's for trails. I haven't really broken them in at all, but they seemed too stiff for my typical dual sporting stuff. I'll wear these when I get into real hardcore dual sporting like the ozarks, colorado, and utah.

For daily use and mild dual sport I'm rocking alpinestar scouts. They are pretty bawler, but not quite enough protection for real trail riding. Around here dual sporting is mostly just dirt/sand roads so they work out great.
Back to top Go down

dual sport boots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dual sport boots?   dual sport boots? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 8:55 pm

I've got a pair of Gaerne GX-1 boots, which are similar in construction and price to the Alpinestars Tech 3 Enduro boot. Both are priced at ~ $200 which isn't a lot for MX boots. Good protection, pretty comfortable, and I'll be damned if I can wear them out. I've worn mine for 3 full seasons and abused them pretty good, yet they still look like new when I clean them up.

I have no issues shifting on my WR, or my DR650.

http://www.atomic-moto.com/Gaerne-GX-1-Boot_p_82.html
Back to top Go down
jon_l

jon_l

dual sport boots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dual sport boots?   dual sport boots? EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 4:21 pm

I love my my Gaerne Oiled Balanced:
dual sport boots? 2008-Gaerne-Balance-Oiled-Boots-Brown
Back to top Go down
MotoKirby

dual sport boots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dual sport boots?   dual sport boots? EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 9:14 pm

Or just save your money and shift with the side of your foot. Takes a ride or two to get used to, but then yo uwont even think about it. Plus, all those DS boots are a compromise in protection.
Back to top Go down
honeybadger

dual sport boots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dual sport boots?   dual sport boots? EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 12:59 am

Has anyone tried Oneal Elements? They go for about $110 and seem to get good reviews. I'm sure they don't compare to the more expensive boots, but for a more casual rider who just needs protection they might work.
Back to top Go down
grnd0

dual sport boots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dual sport boots?   dual sport boots? EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 4:10 pm

I've got these and like a lot.

http://www.revzilla.com/product/thor-motocross-5050-boots
Back to top Go down
chuckP

dual sport boots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dual sport boots?   dual sport boots? EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 4:55 pm

Love my Sidi Crossfires
Back to top Go down
Swagger

Swagger

dual sport boots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dual sport boots?   dual sport boots? EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:06 pm

Sidi Canyons!
http://www.revzilla.com/product/sidi-canyon-gore-tex-boots
Back to top Go down
skrew

dual sport boots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dual sport boots?   dual sport boots? EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 5:10 am

Diadora ATV MUD - why not?
dual sport boots? 200000000006545_2029_4ce6bfa4c0245
Back to top Go down
jon_l

jon_l

dual sport boots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dual sport boots?   dual sport boots? EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 6:17 pm

That Diadora ATV MUD is a fine looking boot. Do you own? If so, feedback?
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

dual sport boots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dual sport boots?   dual sport boots? EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 11:32 pm

I'm in the Sidi Discovery club... One fine boot. Like an Ugg boot with buckles !

...but in reality, most any mostly leather, three-buckle boot is USUALLY better than an MX boot.

The Garne and Diadora look very comfy and durable.

There's a lot of boots out there. Try it and if it feels good, has a good reputation then buy it.

Do your homework, don't buy it and then complain about it. People will consider the source.

P.S. For MX/Offroad boots I have A* Tech 8s, and a very loved pair of AXO-RC-6s, and for more mild dual sport/street riding, A* SM-X5's. All of which I would recommend for their particular intended uses.

BTW: 50/50 and Crossfires are not dual sport boots. ...unlless you are considering WALKING and/or RACING as part of the "dual-Sport".
Back to top Go down
skrew

dual sport boots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dual sport boots?   dual sport boots? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 11:52 am

jon_l wrote:
That Diadora ATV MUD is a fine looking boot. Do you own? If so, feedback?

Yep, I own this model for a year. My typical use-case is spring/autumn commuting. They are pretty comfortable (soft materials), but the cons is that they hard to keep clean due to too many different types of surfaces.
So the most part of the year they are dirty as pigs, but before first ride they they are cleaned and dried, I prodigally treat them with water-resistant spray.
Back to top Go down
bassandgrass

dual sport boots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dual sport boots?   dual sport boots? EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 1:02 am

I've been happy with my Alpinestar scout waterproof boots. They are not quite as protective as a full moto boot but provide good protection, plus they can be walked in. thumb
Back to top Go down
skierd

dual sport boots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dual sport boots?   dual sport boots? EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 3:14 am

For hard trail riding and difficult out n' back dual sport rides, I'll wear my A* tech 6's. For moderate rides, I loved my A* scouts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

dual sport boots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dual sport boots?   dual sport boots? Empty

Back to top Go down

dual sport boots?
Page 1 of 1