Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Whine around 5-8k rpm

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
boostedtimmy

Whine around 5-8k rpm Empty
PostSubject: Whine around 5-8k rpm   Whine around 5-8k rpm EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 11:00 pm

Hey guys,

I'm trying to diagnose a strange whine I noticed coming from my bike today. Whine is purely engine dependent, whines when revving, even with clutch pulled. I'm guessing between 5-8k rpm, it stops before top end. It sounds like the noise some cars make when reversing quickly.

Sounds like it may be coming from the top end?

Last edited by boostedtimmy on Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Monkeynuts

PostSubject: Re: Whine around 5-8k rpm   Whine around 5-8k rpm EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:37 pm

It's a female bike, whine whine whine whine whine beater
Back to top Go down
boostedtimmy

PostSubject: Re: Whine around 5-8k rpm   Whine around 5-8k rpm EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 5:06 pm

I've put a few hundred miles on it now since I've noticed this and it appears the bike is fine, sometimes the noise really isn't even that noticeable but it's never gone completely away. I recorded a video of it and would appreciate if you guys could look at it to see if you recognize the noise. No other noises coming from the bike, and once again this noise doesn't start till about 5k rpms and ends at 1 or 2k before redline.

bearing somewhere? maybe the stator? im lost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LQ0I792Jddk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whine around 5-8k rpm   Whine around 5-8k rpm Empty

Back to top Go down

Whine around 5-8k rpm
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: Technical :: What Broke?-
Jump to: