Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Time to move on....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Akasy

Time to move on.... Empty
PostSubject: Time to move on....   Time to move on.... EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 7:06 pm

There was a post some months ago about what would you replace the WRR with.... Well after 10,000 miles I can answer that question.
In my case it is a Husky TE510.
Look for upcoming posts in the for sale area for all of the spare parts I have accumulated. A little sampling:
set of forks
two complete stock exhaust systems
some new clutch fiber disks
signal lights--couple of complete sets I think
complete stock tail light setup
and much more..........
It's been fun but time to move on......
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on....   Time to move on.... EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 8:56 am

Pics of husky????

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on....   Time to move on.... EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 12:58 pm

I will never, ever give up the cheap reliability that is my WR250R.

I know there are slightly lighter and much more powerful bikes out there (like the KTM and Husky) but there is NO other bike with the kind of "ride and forget" mentality that the WR provides. And, should something happen, there's a Yamaha dealer every 20 feet where I live...
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on....   Time to move on.... EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 1:02 pm

GusinCA wrote:
I will never, ever give up the cheap reliability that is my WR250R.

I know there are slightly lighter and much more powerful bikes out there (like the KTM and Husky) but there is NO other bike with the kind of "ride and forget" mentality that the WR provides. And, should something happen, there's a Yamaha dealer every 20 feet where I live...

The second you said "never" - is the second you sealed your DOOM

Time to move on.... Vincent_Price_275x230

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on....   Time to move on.... EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 1:47 pm

Hahahaha!

You say true and I say Thankya!

I would sell it if Yamaha or Honda or Kawasaki (I've had bad experiences with Suzukis) comes out with a dual sport, EFI that is lighter, has better suspension and more power.

I've just known SOOOO many riders over the years who complain constantly about their KTM's breaking some expensive as hell part that has to be shipped in from Austria via Lederhosen Express Shipping to a dealer the next county over. BMW's exact same thing, only more expensive and dealer service times in terms of weeks. I don't know much about Husky's, only that I've never even seen a single dealer in the 8 years I've lived in this very populous area...
Back to top Go down
Akasy

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on....   Time to move on.... EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 9:48 am

motokid wrote:
Pics of husky????

I'll try and get a couple pics posted. You want to see pictures of my dual sported KTM 380 (two stroke) that is street titled and licensed? wink
I've thought about taking it to the local track and see if I can put a wheel inside some of the 600-1000cc guys Very happy

Lead tech at the local Husky shop said don't be surprised if you see street legal two stokes coming out of Husky--if that happened it could get interesting thumb
Back to top Go down
Akasy

PostSubject: Dealers   Time to move on.... EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 9:50 am

17 in Calf
Very happy

GusinCA wrote:
Hahahaha!

You say true and I say Thankya!

I would sell it if Yamaha or Honda or Kawasaki (I've had bad experiences with Suzukis) comes out with a dual sport, EFI that is lighter, has better suspension and more power.

I've just known SOOOO many riders over the years who complain constantly about their KTM's breaking some expensive as hell part that has to be shipped in from Austria via Lederhosen Express Shipping to a dealer the next county over. BMW's exact same thing, only more expensive and dealer service times in terms of weeks. I don't know much about Husky's, only that I've never even seen a single dealer in the 8 years I've lived in this very populous area...
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on....   Time to move on.... EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:04 am

the 510 is a great bike. One of my riding buddies used to ride one, but he's traded bikes like baseball cards & has gone through many since. He often says he wishes he would have kept the husky. The only down side was the short range gear box.. but it depends on riding style.

good luck with your new ride!
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on....   Time to move on.... EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:06 am

Akasy wrote:
You want to see pictures of my dual sported KTM 380 (two stroke) that is street titled and licensed? wink

droooool droooool droooool worthless

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Akasy

PostSubject: Husky   Time to move on.... EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 11:06 am

rydnseek wrote:
the 510 is a great bike.

Well I hope it is--they offered a test drive but I just took it--test drives seldom tell me much. scratch

I've regeared my KTM 525 EXC to 14-45 so far it has been excellent on 500-700 mile dual sport rides. Yesterday it did right at 200 miles and I babied it to right at 60 mpg. Still has plenty of punch and will climb everything I've found so far.

The Husky will be the local area woods bike at mid 50 hp and 246 lbs it should fit my needs.

I guess my 525 is really taking the place of the WRR Very happy
Back to top Go down
Akasy

PostSubject: PICS   Time to move on.... EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 11:23 am

motokid wrote:
Akasy wrote:
You want to see pictures of my dual sported KTM 380 (two stroke) that is street titled and licensed? wink

droooool droooool droooool worthless

OK here you go Moto, the 380 puts out more juice and weights less than the Husky.
Time to move on.... GEDC0182-1
Time to move on.... GEDC0181
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on....   Time to move on.... EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 12:28 pm

The Husky is cool, I like the tires. What kind are they?

Is the tank really that small, though? On a 510?
Back to top Go down
TNkayaker

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on....   Time to move on.... EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 3:18 pm

You would be surprised by the mileage of the large bore bikes. I have a WR20R and a 2010 Beta 400 RR dualsported. My friend has a 2011 Husaberrg FE570S. We ride together every weekend, usually about 120 mile days. Mix of street, 60 mph highway, dirt roads and single track. All three bikes take the same amount of gas whenever we stop to fill up. Equates to about 50-55 mpg.

Time to move on.... Mark__Beta_21

Mark
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on....   Time to move on.... EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 3:32 pm

Do they make a bigger tank for it?

I always thought the stock tank on the WR was tiny, and I never use all 3.1 gallons of my aftermarket tank, but I'm glad it's there...
Back to top Go down
Akasy

PostSubject: Tires   Time to move on.... EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 6:50 pm

the rear is an MT16 if that is what you were interested in.

Tank on the Husky is 2 gallons IMS does a 3 gallon for $247 delivered I think.

+1 on the gas tank for the WRR I loved my IMS 3 gallon.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on....   Time to move on.... EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 7:37 pm

Street legal 2 stroke dual sport. PHUCKIN SWEET????

More pics please.

How difficult is it to get street rubber on that?

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Akasy

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on....   Time to move on.... EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 9:40 pm

motokid wrote:
Street legal 2 stroke dual sport. PHUCKIN SWEET????

More pics please.

How difficult is it to get street rubber on that?

Never thought about it--I suspose that you could relace the hubs to whatever size rims you wanted with the right spokes and rims. Not an expert but I think somebody like Woody's wheels in Colorado could answer that question.

It is not especially great on gas--gulps rather than sips wink
It likes full syn oil at $17 a quart--as pre-mix GAHHHH
It pulls like a 4 stroke down low--power valve makes all the difference scratch
But oh when it comes on the pipe--you had better hang on Very happy

Back to top Go down
Akasy

PostSubject: Sale stuff posted up   Time to move on.... EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 11:19 am

Go take a look--I need to move all of this stuff. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to move on....   Time to move on.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Time to move on....
Page 1 of 1