Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Crankshaft Counterbalancer Bearing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
greer

Crankshaft Counterbalancer Bearing Empty
PostSubject: Crankshaft Counterbalancer Bearing   Crankshaft Counterbalancer Bearing EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 6:34 pm

I posted this on Advrider, too.

At 29,7xx miles the crankshaft counterbalancer bearing has failed. We were headed to a ride in TN last weekend and all of a sudden something didn't feel right. Got off the road and my bike sounded worse than a hammer mill. Doubled up behind Doug to get home, went back after the bike the next day and brought it in to the local shop. It's taken all week for them to get to it, I just got the word today.

Luckily I had the extended warranty transferred when I bought the bike; the shop tells me it should all be covered. I'll post as I know more.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Crankshaft Counterbalancer Bearing   Crankshaft Counterbalancer Bearing EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 6:43 am

Still waiting on parts, the mechanic is still scratching his head as to the cause, said the engine was clean as a pin and looked like it had 1,000 miles on it rather than 30,000. All supposed to be covered under warranty.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Bike is Back!   Crankshaft Counterbalancer Bearing EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 9:37 pm

$2,802.93 in parts and labor; all covered by Yamaha. Whew!

Sarah

Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: Crankshaft Counterbalancer Bearing   Crankshaft Counterbalancer Bearing EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 10:21 pm

greer wrote:
$2,802.93 in parts and labor;

What an overly inflated stealership repair bill. Geez, it would be cheaper to buy another motor. Good thing it was covered huh?
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Crankshaft Counterbalancer Bearing   Crankshaft Counterbalancer Bearing EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 10:27 pm

No kidding! I asked about an engine, but Yamaha won't sell engines, just parts. I got a copy of the parts list, 36 part numbers listed. A piece of the bearing went up thru the cylinder/piston, made a real mess I reckon.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crankshaft Counterbalancer Bearing   Crankshaft Counterbalancer Bearing Empty

Back to top Go down

Crankshaft Counterbalancer Bearing
Page 1 of 1