Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Countershaft nut size

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

Countershaft nut size Empty
PostSubject: Countershaft nut size   Countershaft nut size EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 8:27 pm

As usual I am left frustrated.

I got my 12 tooth sprocket. I removed the cover and discovered I do not have the proper size socket for the nut.

I have a 26mm socket, but that's too small. I have to think the nut is 28mm.

Can anybody confirm?

I'm looking through the service manual and I can find the torque setting for it, but not the size.

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Countershaft nut size   Countershaft nut size EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 9:00 pm

27 mm or 1 1/16. thumb

PostSubject: Re: Countershaft nut size   Countershaft nut size EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 9:17 pm

Same size as the rear axle nut? That's cool,I have not changed the sprockets yet(money).
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Countershaft nut size   Countershaft nut size EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 9:20 pm

You betcha hun. Makes it a lot easier to know you can use that for both. thumb

motokid

PostSubject: Re: Countershaft nut size   Countershaft nut size EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 5:15 am

27mm???? Thanks. I'd have been pissed-off if I'd bought a 28 and found it was too big.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Countershaft nut size   Countershaft nut size EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 3:54 pm

27mm was the correct size.

My 12 tooth front is now installed.

Thanks you very much. First "mod" now complete.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Countershaft nut size   Countershaft nut size EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 6:56 pm

thumb If you get the spanner wrench for the rear axle nut it's a bit lighter than a socket/ratchet; personally I still pack the socket because it has more bite and I get more leverage.

tblumer

PostSubject: Re: Countershaft nut size   Countershaft nut size EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:34 pm

Just checking, is it lefty loosy righty tighty, or reverse threads. I just ask because my ninja has standard threads which seems counter intuitive.
Back to top Go down
mlacey56

PostSubject: Re: Countershaft nut size   Countershaft nut size EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 9:00 pm

SheWolf wrote:
27 mm or 1 1/16. thumb

wow. thanks. i almost made a booboo at the shop today then.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Countershaft nut size   Countershaft nut size EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 6:36 am

tblumer wrote:
Just checking, is it lefty loosy righty tighty, or reverse threads. I just ask because my ninja has standard threads which seems counter intuitive.

Standard thread. Lefty Loosy.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Countershaft nut size   Countershaft nut size Empty

Back to top Go down

Countershaft nut size
Page 1 of 1