Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Dirt Bagz - Scout versus Ranger- Got any photos?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
saddletramp

Dirt Bagz - Scout versus Ranger-  Got any photos? Empty
PostSubject: Dirt Bagz - Scout versus Ranger- Got any photos?   Dirt Bagz - Scout versus Ranger-  Got any photos? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 11:01 pm

Can you help? I am looking to see some pictures of Dirt Bagz (Scouts bags or Ranger bags) mounted on your WR250R. Just trying to decide which ones to order. Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
saddletramp

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Bagz - Scout versus Ranger- Got any photos?   Dirt Bagz - Scout versus Ranger-  Got any photos? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:32 pm

78 views but no pics?? I am surprised. Seems that others want to see some pics comparing these bags as well. I thought they are a fairly popular luggage choice and expected there would be lots of pics. What is confusing me is the the Dirt Bagz website says that the bags differ in length but do not hang down any further on the bike, therefore obviously they must ride up higher on the bike by about 4 inches. The only side photo clearly showing the Dirt Bagz that I have found in in BigDog's (Marks) WR250 buildup page but I am not sure which bags they are. I assume it is the Ranger bag just judging from the porportions.

Waiting patiently for some comparison pics. I know they are out there in this community.
Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Bagz - Scout versus Ranger- Got any photos?   Dirt Bagz - Scout versus Ranger-  Got any photos? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:54 pm

Why not just use google to search for images of 'wr250r dirtbagz'?
Back to top Go down
saddletramp

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Bagz - Scout versus Ranger- Got any photos?   Dirt Bagz - Scout versus Ranger-  Got any photos? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 7:01 pm

I have. Not much comes up. I'll give it another go.
Back to top Go down
kenner

kenner

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Bagz - Scout versus Ranger- Got any photos?   Dirt Bagz - Scout versus Ranger-  Got any photos? EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 2:54 pm

photo of my Dirt Bagz in the field. no complaints with these bags.

[img]Dirt Bagz - Scout versus Ranger-  Got any photos? Ds_rid10[/img]
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Bagz - Scout versus Ranger- Got any photos?   Dirt Bagz - Scout versus Ranger-  Got any photos? EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:05 pm

I hated the Dirtbagz racks, so I made up my own system. I use the Wolfman racks and a set of Scout Dirtbagz, I got for free from a buddy.

Dirt Bagz - Scout versus Ranger-  Got any photos? IMG_1584

Dirt Bagz - Scout versus Ranger-  Got any photos? IMG_1594

Dirt Bagz - Scout versus Ranger-  Got any photos? IMG_1593
Back to top Go down
saddletramp

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Bagz - Scout versus Ranger- Got any photos?   Dirt Bagz - Scout versus Ranger-  Got any photos? EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:11 pm

Kenner - are those the Ranger bags?

DougZ - I have heard that comment before regarding the dirt bagz racks. Can you advise what it is about them that was bothersome to you?
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Bagz - Scout versus Ranger- Got any photos?   Dirt Bagz - Scout versus Ranger-  Got any photos? EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:21 pm

saddletramp wrote:
Kenner - are those the Ranger bags?

DougZ - I have heard that comment before regarding the dirt bagz racks. Can you advise what it is about them that was bothersome to you?

Dirtbagz makes their racks from one piece tubing. To make the mount points, they flatten each end and then bend 90 degrees, and drill( top mount points). This process makes the metal very weak and that is usually where they fail..just as they did on my DRZ.
Back to top Go down
airbornediver

airbornediver

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Bagz - Scout versus Ranger- Got any photos?   Dirt Bagz - Scout versus Ranger-  Got any photos? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 5:16 pm

DougZ it looks like you got D Rings on your rack. They look very useful. What exactly are they? I need to setup something like that on my Flatlands rack. Thanks man.
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Bagz - Scout versus Ranger- Got any photos?   Dirt Bagz - Scout versus Ranger-  Got any photos? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 8:19 pm

airbornediver wrote:
DougZ it looks like you got D Rings on your rack. They look very useful. What exactly are they? I need to setup something like that on my Flatlands rack. Thanks man.

Glad you like that setup..it did turn out to be very useful. They are stainless steel D rings I got from McMaster Carr.com. I also got the Velcro from there too...and wrapped it multiple times around the ring and the rack and then used a ziptie for a final anchor to all that. Here is a copy of the order I placed with MCM:

WRR LUGGAGE 6/7/11 Delivered. Paid by Credit Card.
1 94905K118 1 Length One-piece Hook & Loop, 1" Width X 10' Length, Black
2 34905T91 6 Each Welded Stainless Steel D-ring, For 1-1/2" Webbing Width
3 3648T41 2 Each Fitting For Webbing, Zinc-pltd Steel Mounting Plate For 3/4" And 1" Web
4 92125A258 1 Pack Metric 18-8 Ss Flat Head Socket Cap Screw, M6 Size, 70mm Length, 1.00mm Pitch

2nd item are the rings.
Back to top Go down
airbornediver

airbornediver

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Bagz - Scout versus Ranger- Got any photos?   Dirt Bagz - Scout versus Ranger-  Got any photos? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 12:09 am

Sweet. I am going to try them out. Can you post a close up picture to better understand how you rigged it? Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dirt Bagz - Scout versus Ranger- Got any photos?   Dirt Bagz - Scout versus Ranger-  Got any photos? Empty

Back to top Go down

Dirt Bagz - Scout versus Ranger- Got any photos?
Page 1 of 1