Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rox Riser Questions

Go down 
+5
longtallsally
gkasper
RichardU
macfast
asheville thumper
9 posters
AuthorMessage
asheville thumper

asheville thumper

Rox Riser Questions Empty
PostSubject: Rox Riser Questions   Rox Riser Questions EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 12:28 pm

Anybody using the 2" Rox Riser? I'm wondering if they cause any cable issues. I did a few searches on ADV and TT and didn't find out too much. By the way I'm 6'6" and need a bit more rise on the bars when standing. Let's hear from any of you tall guys with what works for you.
Back to top Go down
macfast

macfast

PostSubject: Re: Rox Riser Questions   Rox Riser Questions EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 8:24 am

I have the Rox 2'' risers on my R&X you have to rerout the clutch cable.
Back to top Go down
RichardU

PostSubject: Re: Rox Riser Questions   Rox Riser Questions EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 8:54 am

macfast wrote:
I have the Rox 2'' risers on my R&X you have to rerout the clutch cable.
Can you please describe how you rerouted the clutch cable?
Back to top Go down
macfast

macfast

PostSubject: rox riser   Rox Riser Questions EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 3:35 pm

Take the clutch cable off the lever, cut all the zip ties off the clutch cable from the steering head to the lever. Rout the clutch cable to the top of the bracket on the steering head.
Back to top Go down
gkasper

PostSubject: Re: Rox Riser Questions   Rox Riser Questions EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 5:18 pm

macfast wrote:
Take the clutch cable off the lever, cut all the zip ties off the clutch cable from the steering head to the lever. Rout the clutch cable to the top of the bracket on the steering head.

Can you post some pics of the risers on the bike?
Back to top Go down
macfast

macfast

PostSubject: Rox Risers   Rox Riser Questions EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 7:24 pm

Back to top Go down
asheville thumper

asheville thumper

PostSubject: Re: Rox Riser Questions   Rox Riser Questions EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 9:30 am

Here is a few pics of my risers with a fatbar. I like them a lot. Great addition for tall people. Hope these help.

Rox Riser Questions 3795967645_095ffb8f71

Rox Riser Questions 3795967515_6b3826bb3b
Back to top Go down
longtallsally

longtallsally

PostSubject: Re: Rox Riser Questions   Rox Riser Questions EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 11:55 am

Thanks for this! I was wondering how they would work as I'm 6'7" and I need to get them up there. Can you give more details on the fat bar?
Back to top Go down
asheville thumper

asheville thumper

PostSubject: Re: Rox Riser Questions   Rox Riser Questions EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:08 pm

longtallsally wrote:
Thanks for this! I was wondering how they would work as I'm 6'7" and I need to get them up there. Can you give more details on the fat bar?

I got the Renthal RC HIGH fat bar. They make a CR High as well so watch out for that if you are looking...can be a little bit confusing. I really like it nice rise on it with very little sweep. Great bar. I would reccomend it to anybody tall looking to make the bike fit better. I recently added the Fastway F5 footpegs in the low boy position. This made a ton of difference as well. By the way I'm almost as tall as you at 6'6".
Back to top Go down
The Yeti

The Yeti

PostSubject: Re: Rox Riser Questions   Rox Riser Questions EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 5:05 pm

Just so you know, I have the Rox 2" risers and the Renthal RC high bar (not fat) and my clutch cable will not reach. Looks like all the other ones will (with throttle turned upside down). I might be able to route the clutch cable differently and make it work, I haven't had time to mess with it yet. Plus, with the risers, the stock bar is pretty close to high enough.
Back to top Go down
RichardU

PostSubject: Re: Rox Riser Questions   Rox Riser Questions EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 5:39 pm

I'm using Renthal Fatbar Mini bend which is high, with little pullback, but narrower than most bars. With 2" Rox risers the clutch cable is stretched to the limit, particularly if you need to route around a Zeta handguard clamp.
Back to top Go down
xcel

xcel

PostSubject: Anyone seen a bike with the RoxSpeedfx anti-vib 2” bar riser   Rox Riser Questions EmptyMon May 03, 2010 9:46 pm

Hi All:

Bumping an older thread… Has anyone seen 2” rise bar clamps while laid back towards the rider at an ~ 45 degree angle on an R/X? Do you think adding a new clutch cable and rotating the throttle upside down will allow these risers laid back to work?

http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/cart/showitems.cgi?subcat_id=269

2" Rise x 7/8" Stem Clamp x 7/8" handlebar Dual Sport Motorcycle Anti-Vibration Handlebar Risers

Anti-Vibe Risers may interfere with aftermarket large capacity fuel tanks, and some triple clamp configurations. Standard Pivoting Risers will not interfere. Always check and confirm that your bike has adequate cable and brake line length before installing any handlebar risers.

•Anti-Vibe design reduces vibration in bars at high RPM's and provides a shock dampening feature to protect components and rider during harsh impacts.

•Adjustable - Dual rotation points makes Rox Riser selectively adjustable forward and back, allowing you to fit your handlebars to your preferred riding position. Rox Risers allow you to raise your stock bars or use a motorcross style handlebar.

•Universal - With its two piece design, Rox Riser will install on virtually any Dual Sport, Adventure and Touring Motorcycle that has clamps to hold the handlebars, making it incredibly universal.

•Engineered and tested for maximum strength and durability.

•CNC machined from billet 6061 T6 aluminum anodized gold.

•Rox 1 1/8" clamping riser doubles as your conversion kit for using larger style bars on your Dual Sport Motorcycle and Adventure Touring Motorcycle with the bonus of getting the ability to adjust your bars forward and back as well as raise them up to the proper height.

I do not want to have them standing straight up or forward but leaning back at an ~ 45 degree angle off the OEM clamps with the OEM bars.

Thanks in advance

Wayne - CleanMPG
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

PostSubject: Re: Rox Riser Questions   Rox Riser Questions EmptyMon May 03, 2010 9:50 pm

I have a set of like new Rox anti-vib risers that adapt the stock 7/8" bar to a 1-1/8" fat bar. . . PM me if you are interested in taking them off my hands.

Re-routing the cables is easy and is fairly obvious when you get the bars on. Like was said before, you may just have to just do a few trial fits before finding the right combination that will work on your bike.
Back to top Go down
xcel

xcel

PostSubject: Re: Rox Riser Questions   Rox Riser Questions EmptyTue May 04, 2010 4:17 am

Hi Mattys:

If they were 7/8 to 7/8, I might be interested… Did you find the anti-vibration aspect of the risers worth their extra expense and more importantly, did you have your bars straight up or leaned back with no issues with the throttle rolled over and the clutch cable?

Thanks in advance

Wayne Gerdes - CleanMPG
Back to top Go down
xcel

xcel

PostSubject: Re: Rox Riser Questions   Rox Riser Questions EmptySat May 15, 2010 7:42 am

Hi Mattys:

ROX sent me a pair of their Anti-Vibration 2” Risers so I have them ready to go while I await the bike to arrive.

From the sounds of it, I may only have a little trouble with the clutch cable with the 2” rise angled back towards me then?

I want to cut ¾ of an inch off each end of the OEM bar’s ends and was wondering if anyone has a measurement as to how far the right and left components can be slid in before the bars angle down. This should also help the cable/wiring length problem a little. I am just not sure I want to cut those OEM bars down that far as the WR is more than just a road bike Rox Riser Questions 93746

Thanks in advance

Wayne Gerdes – CleanMPG
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: Rox Riser Questions   Rox Riser Questions EmptySat May 15, 2010 9:01 am

Hi Wayne.. i like your site.. very informative..

I cut 1" off the ends of my 7/8 alloy high bars. I turned the throttle tube down, & rerouted the clutch cable inside the bars. I'm *very* high, now, & like it a lot. I'm not as big as you, but i like the seating position better, & standing is much easier, too.

I kept the rox's inline with the forks, rather than tilt them back. I don't really notice it being narrower, either.. i'm about 29" wide, now. Shortening the bar does help everything fit better, too. I also had to loosen/stretch the wires a bit for the turn signal wires to reach.
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: Rox Riser Questions   Rox Riser Questions EmptySat May 15, 2010 9:48 am

Minor correction.. i meant to say i rerouted the clutch cable inside the triple clamp.

Rox Riser Questions Bar_riser2
Back to top Go down
xcel

xcel

PostSubject: Re: Rox Riser Questions   Rox Riser Questions EmptySat May 15, 2010 10:23 am

Hi Scott:

Thanks! I have read every one of your blog ride reports and bike build write-ups as well. Between you, Bas3r, Chad-X and three or four of the other heavy hitters on the ADV and here, all the work for me and/or other future WR riders is all but done for us.

And boy is your picture worth a thousand words. Your cable routing after the new bars being cut down and incorporating those risers still looks OEM neat and clean. No problem in a slow hard left with the clutch cable pulling tight on your hand guard clamp either?

Thanks again for the pic and information.

Wayne Gerdes – CleanMPG
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: Rox Riser Questions   Rox Riser Questions EmptySun May 16, 2010 9:20 am

No binding or pulling on the cable. It is up against the triple clamp, but at full left or right does not crimp it or stress it. A longer cable would probably be a better solution, but this seems to work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rox Riser Questions   Rox Riser Questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Rox Riser Questions
Page 1 of 1