Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

People moving your bike?

Go down 
+12
jason meacham
mrgeoff
duanew
sswrx
freetors
oic0
dtx
IAmABug
Arkmage
gatorfan
Heoz
xathor
16 posters
AuthorMessage
xathor

People moving your bike? Empty
PostSubject: People moving your bike?   People moving your bike? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 7:31 pm

Do you guys ever have a problem with people moving your bike? The first time it moved in books a million parking lot... a guy had a huge 3500 diesel dodge ram extended cab long bed and it needed nearly two full parking spots. He simply moved my bike about 5 feet forward to accommodate his huge truck... okay, understandable... not a big problem. Another time I walked out of a building and thought someone had stolen it, it was nearly 300 feet away at the furthest edge of the parking lot. BOOM Just the other day someone had moved it to the other side of a building, I had to go SEARCH for my fucking bike. WTF.

Is there some movie or jackass thing that has people moving bikes as pranks? Did I miss out on the joke here because I certainly don't think it's very funny.

GAHHHH
Back to top Go down
Heoz

PostSubject: Re: People moving your bike?   People moving your bike? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 7:55 pm

Do you use the steering lock when you park it?
Back to top Go down
xathor

PostSubject: Re: People moving your bike?   People moving your bike? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:05 pm

Always, which makes me wonder how they moved it so far. It is a pretty light bike.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: People moving your bike?   People moving your bike? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:43 pm

That's bizzarre. Possible somebody is messing with you?

Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: People moving your bike?   People moving your bike? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:56 pm

Someone has to be screwing with you. Only folks that move your stuff around here are either trying to steal it or want to get shot...
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: People moving your bike?   People moving your bike? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:09 pm

Get a lock for the rear sprocket/rotor. Then you know they have to carry it. That would piss me off!!
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: People moving your bike?   People moving your bike? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 11:28 pm

Any chance some of your buddies are messing with you?
Back to top Go down
xathor

PostSubject: Re: People moving your bike?   People moving your bike? EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 3:26 am

It's been in completely different locations. I've even had the bike moved while I was on an Air Force base.
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: People moving your bike?   People moving your bike? EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 8:48 am

loop a cable form the front and rear wheel,get an alarm !
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: People moving your bike?   People moving your bike? EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:20 am

Thats pretty brazen. That's about one step from putting it in the back of a truck or van and driving off. Needs an alarm. Course they probably just drop it and let it fall over when the alarm startles them.

On that note, Ive had people knock mine over in the parking lot with their shitty parking skills, then stand it back up like I wont care or notice bent bars, a sticky throttle, and a mirror hanging limp.
Back to top Go down
freetors

PostSubject: Re: People moving your bike?   People moving your bike? EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:42 am

And this is one of the many reaons I rarely ride my bike to work, school, whatever. When I do ride to work I park it up on the sidewalk near the front doors so it's always in plain sight, it's about a 20 foot wide sidewalk so it's not in anybody's way. I have the left side jammed up against the wall so nobody can fit in to take it out of gear. The steering lock is on so any rolling is going to put either tire into the wall.
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: People moving your bike?   People moving your bike? EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 2:10 pm

People that mess with other peoples stuff have no respect for property & that pisses me off. You can't have anything nice anymore without having some moron hit it or ding it with a door. If you park it far away from harm, when you come back, it will be surrounded with P.O.S. junk cars & be scratched or something. Had that happen with my cars. Someone has to be deliberately moving your bike. I'd rig up something to give the perp a shock if they try to grab the bike like a stun gun. You can then call the cops to get him or her when they are passed out next to the bike after they get the finger prints from the bike.
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: People moving your bike?   People moving your bike? EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 2:20 pm

Wouldn't it be great if there was a way to make the lean sensor cause the horn to go off if the bike is stood up without the key in Very happy Manufacturers should put that option on these bikes.
Back to top Go down
duanew

PostSubject: Re: People moving your bike?   People moving your bike? EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:07 pm

oic0 wrote:
Wouldn't it be great if there was a way to make the lean sensor cause the horn to go off if the bike is stood up without the key in Very happy Manufacturers should put that option on these bikes.

You wouldn't have to use the lean sensor to do this. All you have to do is get a mercury switch at the right angle with a relay to the horn along with a hidden switch to turn it off. I have heard of this a long time ago and thought about doing it but I never really had a reason.
Back to top Go down
mrgeoff

PostSubject: Re: People moving your bike?   People moving your bike? EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 2:51 pm

xathor wrote:
Do you guys ever have a problem with people moving your bike? The first time it moved in books a million parking lot... a guy had a huge 3500 diesel dodge ram extended cab long bed and it needed nearly two full parking spots. He simply moved my bike about 5 feet forward to accommodate his huge truck...

That would have been helmet thru the window, release the park brake, and hope it rolls away for me.... budah
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: People moving your bike?   People moving your bike? EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 7:50 pm

Xathor,,,could you tell us what state you live in??? I would flip out if some asshole touched my bike,,,I would have keyed the shit out of that dodge truck..I'll bet that guy parked there because he didn't want to walk an extra 30 feet......lazy piece of shit..............I never park in a parking space ,,,,I park near the bulding or somewhere else that's close but visable,,, it makes me think,,would someone have moved it if it were a bigger bike like a Harley??I doubt it...it seems our WRs don't get any respect,,I think alot of people think I'm some kid riding illegally on a dirtbike,,I ve once got into an arguement with a guy that almost turned into a fist fight because he was yelling at me for riding down a dirt road thru the stateforest,,,,,he just couldn't understand that I was 100% legal and he was wrong for having his 4 dogs off leash running infront of me as I went by doing around 10 mph..I even had a cop tell me he thought I was a kid screwing around illegally..,when I used to snowmobile in Quebec,,,theft was a huge problem,,,,,they would steal your sled right from infront of you motel room,,,or they would steal your truck,,trailer..and sleds all in one shot if they could,,,,I'm a little paranoid about people stealing my stuff....a couple years ago.there was a theft ring in my town and surrounding towns,,,,they were going after bikes,,quads..ect... they would break into sheds and garages....good luck,,and maybe you will have to lock it somehow..the disc lock would probably be the easiest,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Jason dddog
Back to top Go down
xathor

PostSubject: Re: People moving your bike?   People moving your bike? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:11 pm

I live in Madison, AL... Not far from duanew.
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: People moving your bike?   People moving your bike? EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 12:02 pm

Here's what you need :

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
duanew

PostSubject: Re: People moving your bike?   People moving your bike? EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 1:20 pm

xathor wrote:
I live in Madison, AL... Not far from duanew.

Really? I thought you were down near Birmingham. I haven't had a problem with people moving my bike here, but I am usually paranoid about people messing with my bike and am careful where I park it.
Back to top Go down
GBX

GBX

PostSubject: Re: People moving your bike?   People moving your bike? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 10:45 am

So xathor... I just got home from work and your WR was in my wifes bed... scratch dddog
Back to top Go down
nirvana

nirvana

PostSubject: Re: People moving your bike?   People moving your bike? EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 8:40 pm

Wow I Live in Toney,,Ala and have never seen another WR on the road..Hardly any dual sport bikes at all..Mostly crotch rockets and Harleys. I work in Huntsville and Ride my Bikes to town every time I get a chance and have never had anyone mess with my bike. beater .I always park in places up front near the entrance to the store or building that I am going into..I usually carry a large fabric covered chain and put it thru my back wheel with the rest of it laying on the ground so everyone can see that it is not going to be pushed away easily,If there is nothing to lock it too,and also usually use my fork lock....It,s cool knowing there are more Wr,s in the area..Paul beavis
Back to top Go down
duanew

PostSubject: Re: People moving your bike?   People moving your bike? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 10:08 am

nirvana wrote:
Wow I Live in Toney,,Ala and have never seen another WR on the road..Hardly any dual sport bikes at all..Mostly crotch rockets and Harleys.

This is true. I have seen a WR250X in town a few times but I am always in the cage. I think I saw one near the Research Park off Enterprise Way over a year ago. Was it you? I also think I remember seeing one on Hwy 65 once also.
Back to top Go down
nirvana

nirvana

PostSubject: Re: People moving your bike?   People moving your bike? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 8:20 pm

Never can tell..I do ride the X all around Huntsville and Madison,following my daughters softball games usually..Rode it to work today..Mine has a spitfire windshield... I do like the idea of the alarm in the disc lock..I will probably order one of those pretty soon.. Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
playwme

PostSubject: Re: People moving your bike?   People moving your bike? EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:15 am

Don't use a disk lock. That will simply result in people trying to move your bike and the disk lock giving the caliper a good whack and bending the rotor. Either that or the person moving it will drop it resulting in more damage. Strong flexible cable and padlock running through the frame and around a pole/tree is your best bet.

I came out of a shop one day to find a bunch of tyre fitters carrying my road bike up the street. They thought it belonged to one of their workmates and figured it would be a funny prank. Didn't turn out too well for them though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: People moving your bike?   People moving your bike? Empty

Back to top Go down

People moving your bike?
Page 1 of 1