Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

converting an X to an R

Go down 
+11
RandyWR-X
bradrh
cjard
Monkeynuts
Chrispy1200
craigq
mr-cave
jefmad
3KGT_Maddness
wrxpro
bloke in England
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
asuby

converting an X to an R - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: converting an X to an R   converting an X to an R - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 6:54 pm

Did anyone ever try out this rotor and if so did it make it so that you can use the r wheels on the x without having to switch out the front brake caliper mount?
Back to top Go down
LPB

PostSubject: Re: converting an X to an R   converting an X to an R - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 3:24 am

asuby wrote:
Did anyone ever try out this rotor and if so did it make it so that you can use the r wheels on the x without having to switch out the front brake caliper mount?

I fitted the rotor to my spare wheel - no problems, and I have offered it to the forks.

I am certain it will fit ok - but I haven't actually fitted it as I haven't got around to putting a tire on the wheel yet.

I will update this when i do.
Lloyd.
Back to top Go down
WesEv

WesEv

PostSubject: Re: converting an X to an R   converting an X to an R - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 2:14 pm

I believe the front wheel from the Euro XT 660 R is the same or very similar to the WR. It might just bolt on if you can find one. The hub seems to have the same part number and the front disc is 298mm.

http://www.bike-parts-yam.com/yamaha-microfiches-affectation-piece.html?text_recherche2=5VK-25111-00-00

Not much chance of finding on of those here in Canada so I put on an aftermarket from wheel for a KTM 640 ADV. This is an easy fit and I was able to keep the stock WRX brake. More info in my post about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: converting an X to an R   converting an X to an R - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

converting an X to an R
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2