Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Swingarm sticker removal

Go down 
+3
Midnite171
Daamud
Swagger
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Swagger

Swagger

Swingarm sticker removal Empty
PostSubject: Swingarm sticker removal   Swingarm sticker removal EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 10:21 pm

So after battling the right side sticker on the swingarm for what seemed like hours i was able to get it all off. For the leftside i was hoping someone had an easy way to get thar bastard off. Any ideas? baldy

Before
Swingarm sticker removal 2012-034

After
Swingarm sticker removal 2012-035
Back to top Go down
Daamud

Daamud

PostSubject: Re: Swingarm sticker removal   Swingarm sticker removal EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 10:35 pm

Got a hairdryer?

Did some of mine on a hot sunny day, with nearly no problems.
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Swingarm sticker removal   Swingarm sticker removal EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 10:48 pm

I was going to say a heat gun. Get it HOT and scrape it off.
Back to top Go down
Swagger

Swagger

PostSubject: Re: Swingarm sticker removal   Swingarm sticker removal EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 10:56 pm

Wish I would have just asked before i busted ass on that nightmare! Thanks guys i'll give the wifes hairdryer a shot for the other side.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Swingarm sticker removal   Swingarm sticker removal EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 6:33 am

Swagger wrote:
Wish I would have just asked before i busted ass on that nightmare! Thanks guys i'll give the wifes hairdryer a shot for the other side.

Just curious - what "techniques" did you employ to remove the first sticker?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Swagger

Swagger

PostSubject: Re: Swingarm sticker removal   Swingarm sticker removal EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 10:49 am

I used my fingernail to get one corner up and was going to use the putty knife you see in the 2nd pic. Once I realized how tuff that bastard was on there I knew i would scratch the swingarm. I found a old drivers licence and cut the corner off so I had a flat surface to basically just "jam" under the sticker until it came off. Once I had it off I used some nail polisher remover to get the residue off. In no way would i recommend the "jam technique!" The sticker has what seems like a plastic film on it which is what i bel makes it such a pain in the ass. I'll post a reply in regards to the hairdryer technique once i do it. If you try it first, let me know.
Back to top Go down
195CR

PostSubject: Sticker removal   Swingarm sticker removal EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 8:35 pm

Just finished removing all the swingarm stickers last night. I used a hairdryer. The tire pressure sticker on the left side was easy, it was the EPA sticker on the right side the was much more difficult. I used mineral spirits to remove the rest of the glue. baldy
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Swingarm sticker removal   Swingarm sticker removal EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 8:45 pm

thankx for the post, it took me 2 hours to get the sticker off the tank. Those things are bulletproof!!! Kinda like beating a dead horse, LOL horse
Back to top Go down
Carbomb

Carbomb

PostSubject: Re: Swingarm sticker removal   Swingarm sticker removal EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 3:18 pm

Nice hot heat gun, Goo-Gone (Home Depot), a thick fingernail a 6 pack of beer and a clear afternoon schedule lol
Back to top Go down
Swagger

Swagger

PostSubject: Re: Swingarm sticker removal   Swingarm sticker removal EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 8:23 pm

EPA sticker was a nightmare. Tire info sticker with a hairdryer was 2 min! wings
Not sure if the EPA sticker would have been as easy but for rest of you i hope it is! Tire sticker peeled right off when i heated up. No "jam technique" this go round.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swingarm sticker removal   Swingarm sticker removal Empty

Back to top Go down

Swingarm sticker removal
Page 1 of 1