Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

300 miles on Sunday

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rapid Dog

300 miles on Sunday Empty
PostSubject: 300 miles on Sunday   300 miles on Sunday EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 2:03 pm

Jawbone/Kelso/Weldon/Isabella/Bodfish and home...

300 miles on Sunday Alien

300 miles on Sunday DSCN8534

300 miles on Sunday Marker

300 miles on Sunday DSCN8526

300 miles on Sunday Buterbredt

300 miles on Sunday DSCN8555

300 miles on Sunday PineMtnRd

300 miles on Sunday Snowroad

300 miles on Sunday Notart

300 miles on Sunday WRtank

300 miles on Sunday Bodfishview

300 miles on Sunday Bodfish

300 miles on Sunday Bull

300 miles on Sunday Windmills
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: 300 miles on Sunday   300 miles on Sunday EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 3:18 pm

maaaan that looks like great fun! droooool
Back to top Go down
Rapid Dog

PostSubject: Re: 300 miles on Sunday   300 miles on Sunday EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 3:51 pm

...t'was, t'was very fun. thumb
Back to top Go down
GBX

GBX

PostSubject: Re: 300 miles on Sunday   300 miles on Sunday EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 5:36 am

awesome pics! how often did you stop and how long for during them 300 miles? i have a brand new wrr and iv'e only put just over 300 miles on it so far, have been thinking about going out for a big ride to get another 300 on it within a day, but wasent sure how the wrr would handle all them miles in 1 day lol
Back to top Go down
Rapid Dog

PostSubject: Re: 300 miles on Sunday   300 miles on Sunday EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:25 am

...from everything I've read, these motors are fairly bulletproof.
I have no concerns about running the bike hard and long.
Checkout member skierd's thread on ADV 'Chasing Dreams". He's riding an X loaded down across the US right now...and he's a big boy.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=767414

I stopped for breakfast on Mojave about 50 miles away and then for pics here and there, but didn't take a rest until the tank was near empty in Lake Isabella about 3-4 hours later. (I have the 3.X gallon IMS tank)
From there I ran it hard over the mountain range on asphalt thru twisties and then flat out over Hwy 58 over the Tehachapi mountains home with one stop for a breather and gas.
It'll do whatever you can do. No worries.
Back to top Go down
Rapid Dog

PostSubject: distance   300 miles on Sunday EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:28 am

Here's another good WR thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329337

Last page this guy rode across Mongoila...

300 miles on Sunday 5929005600_d711192d9c_z
Back to top Go down
GBX

GBX

PostSubject: Re: 300 miles on Sunday   300 miles on Sunday EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:37 am

Epic, thank you for replying! sounds really promising, I just get a little pussy when thinking if i go out for hours on end wearing it in through the first stages i may screw it with overheating some how, but really if i do 100 miles and let it cool down some i can't really go wrong!

Im'a go read these threads now, cheers Rapid Dog! thumb
Back to top Go down
Rapid Dog

PostSubject: Re: 300 miles on Sunday   300 miles on Sunday EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:53 am

...just as a note, I didn't catch that you where braeking her in. Just go by the manufacturers recommendations and get that oil changed when it says to after the break-in period.
That said, with new bikes it's best to run them easy and hard if that makes sense. Vary your speeds and loads and distances at RPMs.
It's not going to hurt it to run it 50 miles in 6th gear at freeway speeds then rest.
Worst thing you can do is lug the motor and baby it.
My two cents.
Back to top Go down
GBX

GBX

PostSubject: Re: 300 miles on Sunday   300 miles on Sunday EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:05 am

Thanks! I kinda have been baby'ing it so far, driving at 1/3 throttle like the manual says to (apart from the ocasional overtaking slow-poke drivers), i know theres a lot of controversy over wear in methods, but im going by the book as best i can, 1/3 throttle upto 600 miles, then oil/filter change, then 1/2 throttle upto 1000miles then its classed as fully worn in... I wont give it abuse until i hit 1200 miles and do another oil and filter change :)

I'm aiming to kinda get a decent life outa this bike so yeah i do worry more than i probably should Shog

thanks for the advice :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 300 miles on Sunday   300 miles on Sunday Empty

Back to top Go down

300 miles on Sunday
Page 1 of 1