Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WR/X has a new stable mate

Go down 
+3
bmwrider1946
Arkmage
BuilderBob
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

WR/X has a new stable mate Empty
PostSubject: WR/X has a new stable mate   WR/X has a new stable mate EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 7:32 am

Since getting my KLR, I found that I don't ride my BMW K1200GT much any more. The KLR pretty much replaced it for touring and has the added attraction of being off-road capable. The KLR is a fun, funky bike with lots of potential, but is a bit of a compromise for me in the power department.

Cruising the Craigslist ads recently, I found a well-farkled 2009 F 800 GS. When I asked the seller why he was getting rid of it, he said that he needed a 2-up touring bike.

Bingo! Very happy

We worked out a trade: his bike plus cash for my GT, and now I am the owner of a very well maintained, well equipped, low mileage GS!

We made the swap yesterday.

I figure that you all have probably seen pictures of an 800 GS, but here is a stock photo. Mine looks just like this:

WR/X has a new stable mate F%20800%20GS%202

I'll get some photos of the actual bike a little later.

I'm stoked! wings

Don't know if I'll keep the KLR or not. It's nice to have an extra bike around for visitors. We'll see.

PostSubject: Re: WR/X has a new stable mate   WR/X has a new stable mate EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 8:41 am

Maybe his wife is bigger than mine... but I'd rock the hell out of an F800 two-up.

Also, as awesome as the 1200s are, they are just way the hell too big for my taste. Had I been in a similar position I would have made the same deal.
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: WR/X has a new stable mate   WR/X has a new stable mate EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 12:34 pm

Arkmage wrote:
Maybe his wife is bigger than mine... but I'd rock the hell out of an F800 two-up.

Also, as awesome as the 1200s are, they are just way the hell too big for my taste. Had I been in a similar position I would have made the same deal.

Well, sure you would rock the GS 2-up. You're 28!

Old farts want comfort when they're hauling the old lady around. They listen to less complaining that way. wink

I'm with you though. At 5'-8" and 150 lbs, the 800 GS is just the right size for me, but still has more than enough power. 1200 is too big.
Back to top Go down
bmwrider1946

PostSubject: Re: WR/X has a new stable mate   WR/X has a new stable mate EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:05 pm

I gotta tell ya I have the 1200GSA and it is - hands down - the most comfortable bike I have ever owned. I like the size and in particular the distance between the pegs and the seat. Does 2 up well also.
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: WR/X has a new stable mate   WR/X has a new stable mate EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:24 pm

bmwrider1946 wrote:
I gotta tell ya I have the 1200GSA and it is - hands down - the most comfortable bike I have ever owned. I like the size and in particular the distance between the pegs and the seat. Does 2 up well also.

No doubt, the 1200 is at the pinnacle of the GS line. Well deserved status, just too big for me.

As promised, some pics of the 800:

WR/X has a new stable mate GS1

WR/X has a new stable mate GS3

WR/X has a new stable mate GS2

WR/X has a new stable mate GS4
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: WR/X has a new stable mate   WR/X has a new stable mate EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:43 pm

Holy shit that thing's gorgeous.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: WR/X has a new stable mate   WR/X has a new stable mate EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:47 pm

Congrats. Beautiful bike. Like the bags too.
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: WR/X has a new stable mate   WR/X has a new stable mate EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 9:09 pm

motokid wrote:
Holy shit that thing's gorgeous.

Thanks. She is purdy, ain't she?

gatorfan wrote:
Congrats. Beautiful bike. Like the bags too.

Thank you. The bags, although durable and waterproof, are on the short list to go. Too small. I'll be transferring my Trax aluminum side cases from the KLR.
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: WR/X has a new stable mate   WR/X has a new stable mate EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 9:37 pm

Awesome! I love those.
Back to top Go down
StreetGhost

StreetGhost

PostSubject: Re: WR/X has a new stable mate   WR/X has a new stable mate EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:25 pm

I see ya already have a Dragon sticker on her.
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: WR/X has a new stable mate   WR/X has a new stable mate EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:38 pm

StreetGhost wrote:
I see ya already have a Dragon sticker on her.
The Dragon sticker was on there from the previous owner, although I have been there many time myself on other bikes, including my new one, a K1600GT.

Didn't have the GS for long. Found that I really liked my very well farkled KLR much more for that duty, so I traded the GS and another bike for the new GT back in June. No regrets. The GT is awesome and I love my KLR!

Of course, the WR/X is still in the stable. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WR/X has a new stable mate   WR/X has a new stable mate Empty

Back to top Go down

WR/X has a new stable mate
Page 1 of 1