Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Sudden bog with near stall?

Go down 
+8
sewerat
IAmABug
xy500
Rapid Dog
Crazy M
Arkmage
motokid
WRX17
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

Sudden bog with near stall? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sudden bog with near stall?   Sudden bog with near stall? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 3:34 pm

sewerat wrote:
For those with a bit more knowledge of these bikes.... Is it possible that there maybe a dead spot in the TP sensor if it seems to happen at the half throttle spot? Or is it just his programmer with a bad transition between two set parameters? Maybe too far apart as the cycle moves out of one and into another?

Generally speaking, the ONLY people who seem to complain about this kind of thing are people who have the FmF programmer.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Crazy M

PostSubject: Re: Sudden bog with near stall?   Sudden bog with near stall? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 6:00 pm

Sudden bog with near stall? - Page 2 Img_0011Sudden bog with near stall? - Page 2 Img_0012Sudden bog with near stall? - Page 2 Img_0013Sudden bog with near stall? - Page 2 Img_0014

doing what i did here got rid of my bog, dont know how and why but it helped....should i have covered the airbox where the yellow tape is???
Back to top Go down
binkaz

PostSubject: Re: Sudden bog with near stall?   Sudden bog with near stall? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 10:36 am

you can try setting the 5th digit to 5 and above on your FMF PP

I tried 3 4 1 8 6 4.5, it got rid of the bog but there was some delay in the power

so i tweaked it to 3 4 1 8 5 4.5 and it is running really well

running at sea level
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: Sudden bog with near stall?   Sudden bog with near stall? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:46 pm

motokid wrote:
sewerat wrote:
For those with a bit more knowledge of these bikes.... Is it possible that there maybe a dead spot in the TP sensor if it seems to happen at the half throttle spot? Or is it just his programmer with a bad transition between two set parameters? Maybe too far apart as the cycle moves out of one and into another?

Generally speaking, the ONLY people who seem to complain about this kind of thing are people who have the FmF programmer.

What are you running MotoKid??? Not the FMF?

I could have looked at your signature before this post......BOO to me
Back to top Go down
Claus22

PostSubject: Re: Sudden bog with near stall?   Sudden bog with near stall? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 10:42 pm

I have a FMF PP and have had the bog problem on my 08 WR. Has anyone with the FMF PP and the bog problem bought a different PP to get rid of the bog? Did it work?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Sudden bog with near stall?   Sudden bog with near stall? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 8:10 am

Claus22 wrote:
I have a FMF PP and have had the bog problem on my 08 WR. Has anyone with the FMF PP and the bog problem bought a different PP to get rid of the bog? Did it work?

What numbers are you running?

Most with bog problems find that it's an adjustment issue. Find the right numbers and the bog goes away.
Many just slap the programmer in with factory numbers and assume it's going to be golden.
Many won't play with the numbers to see if they can find something that works better for them.

So what numbers are you running?

Have you jacked up that 5th number, as it's been documented numerous times here to be the setting that most effects the bog issue?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Claus22

PostSubject: Re: Sudden bog with near stall?   Sudden bog with near stall? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 1:32 pm

I've been dealing with this problem for around 2 years now and have even taken the bike to so called yamaha techs that took the PP off and turned the CO up from -07 to 80. The bike ran like crap so I put the PP back on . It runs a whole lot better with the PP but still has the bog at high RPMs in 4th,5th,or6th. So I've played with the PP #'s a lot but can't seem to fined the right combo. right now its 8,8,8,4.5,7,7 with the CO at 126 all the way up. It runs the best with this combo but still has the bog once in a while. That is why I'm wondering if a different PP would be worth trying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sudden bog with near stall?   Sudden bog with near stall? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 11:11 am

My '09 suffers the same symptoms as you describe.

I've got the typical mods: FMF PowerBomb and Q4 exhaust, FMF programmer (I forget the exact settings at the moment), AIS removed, airbox flapper removed, 13/49 gearing, etc...

Engine performance is excellent, runs excellent and it gets excellent fuel economy. The bog is exactly as you described in the first post... you can be cruising along at any steady speed, in any gear, and without warning... it's like you run out of gas. And just as you think it's going to stall, the problem goes away... having lasted no more than 2 seconds. Doesn't matter if the gas tank is full, 1/2 full, or running on reserve. It's happened at sea level, it's happened at 13,000 feet. It always happens suddenly, catching me offguard, and yet it's become so normal that when it does happen, I just ignore it and keep riding.

I really don't think it's the FMF fuel programmer at all, and I don't think it has anything to do with any of the mods. Rather, I strongly suspect the fuel pump is just having a temporary loss of pressure.

It happens about once every 2 weeks... with daily riding. And it only lasts 2 seconds. It's not bad gas, it's not consistent. As a test a few weeks ago, I disconnected the FMF fuel programmer and pumped up the fuel mixture/CO level to compensate. I rode the bike around like that for nearly 2 weeks and it happened once during that time. However, the engine performance is definitely snappier with the FMF programmer in place.

This winter, I plan to replace the fuel pump just for the peace of mind. I do suspect the pump to be the cause, but even if it's not, I will feel better having a new one.

Someone had posted a video of the exact same thing happening (he happened to be wearing his GoPro when it happened) and posted it on YouTube but I'll be damned if I can find that video.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Sudden bog with near stall?   Sudden bog with near stall? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 7:04 am

Just as a sanity check you make want to look at your ground connection to the FMF programmer.

Make sure it is tied to the battery and not another 'ground' bolt on the bike. I haven't had the pleasure of experiencing this issue on my bike yet but in a past life designing, building, and troubleshooting cars has taught me that a bad ground connection can create a lot of weird transient issues.

The only other thing I would look at is to make sure the FMF wiring is not running along a high output electrical device such as an ignition coil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sudden bog with near stall?   Sudden bog with near stall? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 11:06 pm

hmm.. I will double check these things for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sudden bog with near stall?   Sudden bog with near stall? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 2:17 pm

I got out for a good day ride yesterday and I may have found the problem.... Spent a few minutes the night before checking some of the electrical connections. Everything looked good except for the positive terminal on the battery ... it was barely finger tight.

Rode the bike all day long and never had any issues at all. I hope that was it.

rsteiger wrote:
Just as a sanity check you make want to look at your ground connection to the FMF programmer.

Make sure it is tied to the battery and not another 'ground' bolt on the bike. I haven't had the pleasure of experiencing this issue on my bike yet but in a past life designing, building, and troubleshooting cars has taught me that a bad ground connection can create a lot of weird transient issues.

The only other thing I would look at is to make sure the FMF wiring is not running along a high output electrical device such as an ignition coil.
Back to top Go down
wristpin

PostSubject: Re: Sudden bog with near stall?   Sudden bog with near stall? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 6:50 pm

Been riding my bone stock 08 for 15,000 miles without a hiccup... Installed a FMF programmer recently and have had this sudden bog and near stall happen several times now. It usually happens when shifting from 5th to 6th with the throttle hard on when passing etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sudden bog with near stall?   Sudden bog with near stall? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sudden bog with near stall?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2