Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
josh

FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX Empty
PostSubject: FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX   FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 1:19 pm

Appreciate any input....

AIS Mod

PowerCore 4 exhaust with stock header

Airbox gutted

Stock gearing

Mostly a commuter but occasional dirt

Would like better throttle response Low-high

What's worked for you with similar mods? Thanks for any help/suggestions

Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX   FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 2:13 pm

What are your current settings?

There's plenty written here in these threads about setting suggestions.

Read around.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX   FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 4:12 pm

motokid wrote:
What are your current settings?

There's plenty written here in these threads about setting suggestions.

Read around.

Have not installed yet. Just thought if someone with similar mods could give feedback.. Will check forum. By the way, just put white plastic on.....it's a very safe color and cool looking to Very happy

Back to top Go down
PowerOut

PostSubject: Re: FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX   FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 2:16 am

I currently have 2, 5, 6, 2, 2, 3 with similar mods and it's got the sweetest power band but does bog (a little) when winding the throttle on from cruising.

But I'm going to change to 2, 5, 1, 2, 5, 3 and see if it's a little better.

But pretty happy with these settings in general.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX   FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 8:02 am

PowerOut wrote:
I currently have 2, 5, 6, 2, 2, 3 with similar mods and it's got the sweetest power band but does bog (a little) when winding the throttle on from cruising.

That fifth number in the series....has a glitch <-- clicky

The fifth number needs to be higher than 5 to get rid of the bog. read the thread I linked above.

It's a common problem with the FmF unit.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX   FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 8:27 am

motokid wrote:
PowerOut wrote:

That fifth number in the series....has a glitch <-- clicky

The fifth number needs to be higher than 5 to get rid of the bog. read the thread I linked above.

It's a common problem with the FmF unit.

Quote:
I called Dobeck Industries & spoke to Dallas, he said that dropping the first # (amount of fuel added at cruise) one whole number will suffice for better mileage (so, first # changed from 3 to a 2 in my case). Any lower, and you risk running lean, especially with the free-flowing airbox mod and Q4 pipe.

Also, noticed today that while cruising in 6th at say 50-60 mph, the bike had a slight stumble a time or two, as in no power until I chopped off the throttle (rode all day yesterday and that never happened). He recommended changing the 5th # up a bit (from a 4 to a 6 in my case). He said they may even tell FMF to have that as the standard setting in the instructions, since they are receiving several comments on this issue:

3 - 4 - 1 - 8 - 6 - 4.5

scratch I read through the programming thread and I think the numbers I'm going to plug in to start are...... 3, 4, 1, 8, 6, 4.5 thumb
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX   FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 8:36 am

thumb

A couple of guys at SMJ swear by these numbers: 3/4/1/8/6/4.5

So it's seems pretty popular.

Good luck and report back what you experience.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX   FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 8:59 am

motokid wrote:
thumb

A couple of guys at SMJ swear by these numbers: 3/4/1/8/6/4.5

So it's seems pretty popular.

Good luck and report back what you experience.

Yes....I may not maximize the benefits of the programmer but as you suggest there is a marked improvement with these little boxes. I know everyone's different but to get better throttle response end to end with efficient highway cruising on this 250cc would be perfect for me. Will certainly report back. lurk
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX   FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 2:30 pm

Anyone have a copy of install instructions/manual or know where I could find one online? Bought mine used with no quide. Thanks for your help.
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX   FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 4:06 pm

Ok...Installed the FMF programmer and road her for a while. Setting of 3/4/1/8/6/4.5. Immediate improvement both in response and smooth transition was realized. very happy with the settings at this point. Would strongly suggest as a must mod.
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX   FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 3:31 pm

OK....just giving feedback. Not sure how these little programmers work....but BOY do they work. I'm sure all of them have there +/- but the FMF seems to meet my keep it simple modo. The throttle feels so good without the hesitation at the lower end. I find no stalling, stresses, hiccups, etc as a result of the programmer. Well done . Thanks for the suggestions........great great mod thumb
Back to top Go down
hell0men

hell0men

PostSubject: Re: FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX   FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 1:08 pm

I took the first ride with FMF programmer today. I can say that i couldnt feel much difference.
I removed AIS, EXUP, catalyst and installed K&N.
Maybe i should try to tune some numbers?
Thinkin of ordering FMF muffler.
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX   FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 2:07 pm

hell0men wrote:
I took the first ride with FMF programmer today. I can say that i couldnt feel much difference.
I removed AIS, EXUP, catalyst and installed K&N.
Maybe i should try to tune some numbers?
Thinkin of ordering FMF muffler.

Where I experienced the most improvement was the improvement of the overall throttle response . Not twitchy at all. Seemed to clean it up quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
hell0men

hell0men

PostSubject: Re: FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX   FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 2:13 pm

I dislike one thing - engine dont give it enought power on low rpms, then i need to strike fast forward to overtake a car. I hoped that mods give me more instant torque, but they didnt.
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX   FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 2:16 pm

hell0men wrote:
I dislike one thing - engine dont give it enought power on low rpms, then i need to strike fast forward to overtake a car. I hoped that mods give me more instant torque, but they didnt.

There's a lot of info in the FI mapping thread that maybe helpful to you. Look at the specific mods others have and try to match with their program settings. Good luck. I do have a Powercore 4 can. Sounds nice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX   FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX Empty

Back to top Go down

FMF Programmer setting ? 08 WRX
Page 1 of 1