Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

wr250r australian - lean angle sensor - no extra black wire

Go down 
+2
germanwr250r
wrrinjected
6 posters
AuthorMessage
wrrinjected

wr250r australian - lean angle sensor - no extra black wire  Empty
PostSubject: wr250r australian - lean angle sensor - no extra black wire    wr250r australian - lean angle sensor - no extra black wire  EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:20 am

Hi All, my wr250r - australian model - I have read that it is possible to change fuel mixture by grounding extra black wire on lean angle sensor - just when I checked the lean angle sensor on my bike there was NO extra/spare black wire attached to the plug - can anyone help ? Thanks
Back to top Go down
germanwr250r

PostSubject: Re: wr250r australian - lean angle sensor - no extra black wire    wr250r australian - lean angle sensor - no extra black wire  EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:53 am

Is the australian model the same as the european model? Black and with a O2 plug in the mufflerpipe...

You can remove the O2-plug to run a bit richer... The bike runs a bit better (have more thorque at low and mid range), but it is Not as good as adding a programmer.

P.s. You have to disconect the wire, remove the plug and close the hole with a big screw/bolt.
Back to top Go down
skrew

PostSubject: Re: wr250r australian - lean angle sensor - no extra black wire    wr250r australian - lean angle sensor - no extra black wire  EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:25 am

Don't see relation between lean angle sensor (that shuts down engine than bike fall by side) and fuel mixture Very happy , although here is my 2 cents to previous response.

I have EU model (model 32D) and just before last refuel disconnected O2 harness. Can confirm that bike run more smoothly and a little hungry by the fuel comsumption subject (about +0.2 liter per 100 km).

Anyway waiting for my FMF EFI tuner unit to richen it even more.
Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

PostSubject: Re: wr250r australian - lean angle sensor - no extra black wire    wr250r australian - lean angle sensor - no extra black wire  EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 12:59 pm

Maybe you're talking about diagnostic mode adjustments? Do some searches for that plus jumper wire plus CO mode. Should be easily findable.

If not, never mind poser2
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wrench

Fuzzy Wrench

PostSubject: Re: wr250r australian - lean angle sensor - no extra black wire    wr250r australian - lean angle sensor - no extra black wire  EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 1:36 am

how many wires are on the lean angle plug? perhaps it is different for AU bikes...do you have four wires in a six-plug? the black wire on that plug is the wire to ground...look inside your lean angle sensor where the plug goes, there aren't contacts for every position...the wire that doesn't have a contact is your wire (in case it's a different color)...
good luck
Back to top Go down
b2jgc

b2jgc

PostSubject: Re: wr250r australian - lean angle sensor - no extra black wire    wr250r australian - lean angle sensor - no extra black wire  EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 4:01 pm

Hi all
I have an Aussie bike and there is no black wire on the lean angle sensor. I can get into the co settings just by pushing the buttons on the speedo without any wiring mods.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wr250r australian - lean angle sensor - no extra black wire    wr250r australian - lean angle sensor - no extra black wire  Empty

Back to top Go down

wr250r australian - lean angle sensor - no extra black wire
Page 1 of 1