Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Recreational drugs...

Go down 
5 posters

Are recreational drugs a serious concern for society?
Yes..recreational drugs do pose a major threat to a good society.
Recreational drugs... Empty33%Recreational drugs... Empty
 33% [ 6 ]
No...recreational drugs are part of a normal society.
Recreational drugs... Empty67%Recreational drugs... Empty
 67% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
mucker

mucker

Recreational drugs... Empty
PostSubject: Recreational drugs...   Recreational drugs... EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 9:54 pm

Without a better choice...which would you pick?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Recreational drugs...   Recreational drugs... EmptyTue May 01, 2012 5:26 am

The "war on drugs" is a gigantic waste of time, money, and resources.

Marijuana should have the same legal status as alcohol and be perfectly legal for adults to grow and use as they see fit as long as they follow the same basic rules of drinking. Like no smoking and driving, no getting high at work, and those kinds of things.

Not sure how I feel about more sinister drugs like heroin, crack-cocaine, and meth - but as sure as the sun will shine today I am all for the legalization of marijuana.

When you ask about "recreational drugs" what are you referring to other than pot?

edit to add: prescription drugs are much more detrimental to society

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Delta_T

Delta_T

PostSubject: Re: Recreational drugs...   Recreational drugs... EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:57 am

As for weed, legalise it and tax it. It will give a blow (pun intended) to organised crime and be good for the economy. thumb
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: Recreational drugs...   Recreational drugs... EmptyTue May 01, 2012 12:18 pm

I am on board with legalized marijuanna. All other drugs, cocaine, heroin etc are not a good thing as I have seen very successful people go from having it all to nothing in 6months. As for all drugs, moderation is key. If you make it legal it takes away the taboo and it becomes less of an interest to the younger crowd.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Recreational drugs...   Recreational drugs... EmptyTue May 01, 2012 1:36 pm

IAmABug wrote:
I am on board with legalized marijuanna. All other drugs, cocaine, heroin etc are not a good thing as I have seen very successful people go from having it all to nothing in 6months. As for all drugs, moderation is key. If you make it legal it takes away the taboo and it becomes less of an interest to the younger crowd.

I hear what you're saying, but alcohol, gambling, and prescription drugs can take very successful people down the road of self-destruction as well.

There's a Darwinian approach to drugs to be sure.

As I said - I'm not so sure about the "harder" stuff either.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: Recreational drugs...   Recreational drugs... EmptyTue May 01, 2012 3:47 pm

I am referring to any and all things that one may consume for a "buzz" or just entertainment in general.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Recreational drugs...   Recreational drugs... EmptyTue May 01, 2012 3:55 pm

So the people voting "yes", would you also vote to return prohibition and make all alcohol illegal?

FmF Q4

Last edited by motokid on Tue May 01, 2012 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: Recreational drugs...   Recreational drugs... EmptyTue May 01, 2012 4:05 pm

motokid wrote:
So the people voting "no", would you also vote to return prohibition and make all alcohol illegal?

I would assume the Yes crowd would consider it more of a criminal issue, not allowing a choice.

Where the No crowd, probably considers it a health issue and personal choice.
Back to top Go down
aaronhall555

aaronhall555

PostSubject: Re: Recreational drugs...   Recreational drugs... EmptyTue May 01, 2012 4:06 pm

The fact is that no matter what the law is there will always be drug users and drug sellers(legal and/or illegal).

Currently prohibition of these drugs and treating the users/sellers as criminals is doing far more damage to society than the actual drug usage/dealing.

We need to make sure we are getting factual information about drugs and their effects, that is the best deterrent for drug usage and making sure the person seeking drug usage gets the relief or effect they desire in a safe educated way. Legalizing(with regulations or prescriptions) all drugs means there will be regulated and professional distribution and administration facilities, this would dramatically reduce the black market and underground usage of drugs and also improve quality of the drugs(no risk of the drug dealer lacing/cutting the drugs). This is proven in other countries to reduce usage and reduce harm the user does to themselves and society. Example: Someone that is addicted to heroin would go to a clinic to get their "fix" and get a chance to talk to a physician about their usage and problems they are treating using the heroin. They'll have the option to have the administration done by a nurse or a professional inorder to ensure they do not overdose and get quality medical advise for their problems. This approach is far less expensive for society than incarceration(paid for by our taxes). Basically the stats show it cost less to have small clinics to do administrations and actually help the patients than it does to lock them up/house/feed/watch them for years.

If you're interested in the stats or articles about this subject let me know and I'll post them here(I'll have to dig around the internet to find them again).

Last edited by aaronhall555 on Sat May 05, 2012 11:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Recreational drugs...   Recreational drugs... EmptyTue May 01, 2012 4:12 pm

mucker wrote:
motokid wrote:
So the people voting "no", would you also vote to return prohibition and make all alcohol illegal?

I would assume the Yes crowd would consider it more of a criminal issue, not allowing a choice.

Where the No crowd, probably considers it a health issue and personal choice.

Oops....I meant the "yes' crowd. Shog

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: Recreational drugs...   Recreational drugs... EmptyTue May 01, 2012 4:32 pm

And the option to nit pick each substance was purposely not given.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recreational drugs...   Recreational drugs... Empty

Back to top Go down

Recreational drugs...
Page 1 of 1