Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Finally my magic trick worked!

Go down 
+4
Arkmage
Coop
YZEtc
boruskarloff
8 posters
AuthorMessage
boruskarloff

boruskarloff

Finally my magic trick worked! Empty
PostSubject: Finally my magic trick worked!   Finally my magic trick worked! EmptySat May 12, 2012 7:00 pm

From this....

Finally my magic trick worked! Img_2011

....to this

Finally my magic trick worked! Img_2012

Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Finally my magic trick worked!   Finally my magic trick worked! EmptySat May 12, 2012 7:10 pm

Nice bike.
You didn't need that stuff anyway. ;)
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Finally my magic trick worked!   Finally my magic trick worked! EmptySat May 12, 2012 7:21 pm

Congrats, nice bike!
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Finally my magic trick worked!   Finally my magic trick worked! EmptySat May 12, 2012 7:27 pm

nice bike... seems like a fair price unless I'm counting wrong.

check your rear tire pressure before you ride it please :)
Back to top Go down
boruskarloff

boruskarloff

PostSubject: Re: Finally my magic trick worked!   Finally my magic trick worked! EmptySat May 12, 2012 7:33 pm

Thanks, I've been lurking here for awhile. All pumped up wings to have one even though the rear has a screw in the tire....new Distanzia's come in Wednesday!!
150/60 and 120/70

more pics to come....
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Finally my magic trick worked!   Finally my magic trick worked! EmptySat May 12, 2012 8:09 pm

What year?
Mileage?
Any mods?

Looks way clean. Nice bike. Welcome to the addiction.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
boruskarloff

boruskarloff

PostSubject: Re: Finally my magic trick worked!   Finally my magic trick worked! EmptySat May 12, 2012 10:04 pm

2008 almost 7000 on the dot. Just picked her up today with the only mod being the protaper bars.

Everything I own is modded so I'm scowering the web for parts.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Finally my magic trick worked!   Finally my magic trick worked! EmptySun May 13, 2012 1:12 am

Victory!
thumb
Back to top Go down
boruskarloff

boruskarloff

PostSubject: Re: Finally my magic trick worked!   Finally my magic trick worked! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 3:05 am

Well 7000 miles I figure it's time for a spark plug and a sprocket kit. Already got a 14 T for the highway so I ordered a 12 T stock rear and 108 chain. We will see how I like that before stepping any deeper. thumb

Distanzias should be on Wednesday or Thursday. Updates will come with pictures.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Finally my magic trick worked!   Finally my magic trick worked! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 5:17 am

boruskarloff wrote:
Well 7000 miles I figure it's time for a spark plug and a sprocket kit. Already got a 14 T for the highway so I ordered a 12 T stock rear and 108 chain. We will see how I like that before stepping any deeper. thumb

Distanzias should be on Wednesday or Thursday. Updates will come with pictures.

Going from 14t to 12t will be a noticeable difference.

One thing you need to know - your speedometer will be a mess. If you have a gps use it for speed.

FmF Q4

Last edited by motokid on Mon May 14, 2012 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : punctuation...)
Back to top Go down
skidmarx

skidmarx

PostSubject: Re: Finally my magic trick worked!   Finally my magic trick worked! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:49 am

[quote="motokid"]
boruskarloff wrote:
One thing you need to know - your speedometer will be a mess. If you have a gps use it for speed.
The speedo isn't exactly the pillar of truth with stock gearing either.
This only matters if you bother to look at it though wink
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Finally my magic trick worked!   Finally my magic trick worked! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:55 am

Truth.

Around my parts though, so many cops you need to know what speed you're going lots of times.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
boruskarloff

boruskarloff

PostSubject: Re: Finally my magic trick worked!   Finally my magic trick worked! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 3:39 pm

I still have the stock 13 T so I'm 12T-14T for different riding conditions. Once I get a taste of the 12T I will probably want more; that is when changes to rear sprocket will start happening.

Yea I'm sure my speedo will be all screwed up, but a better responding bike outweighs the consequences.

Most riding will be around town and max speeds of 60mph for short jaunts down to school.

I will also be using it on the trails and fire roads in Upper Michigan so really don't want to ride a dog.

Thanks for the input more pictures coming soon. lurk
Back to top Go down
boruskarloff

boruskarloff

PostSubject: Re: Finally my magic trick worked!   Finally my magic trick worked! EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:09 pm

Ahh much better!.....
Finally my magic trick worked! Img_2014
Back to top Go down
wrxpro

wrxpro

PostSubject: Re: Finally my magic trick worked!   Finally my magic trick worked! EmptyMon May 21, 2012 3:06 pm

nice tires always wondered how those corner compared to pilot powers on the twisty but im sure they are better in the dirt hard pack roads.
Back to top Go down
boruskarloff

boruskarloff

PostSubject: Re: Finally my magic trick worked!   Finally my magic trick worked! EmptyMon May 21, 2012 6:13 pm

Well you can get two different compounds in the Distanzia line. There is a harder compound for the bigger bikes (i.e. BMWs), then there is the supermoto compound for our bikes and the like. This compound Distanzia sticks really nice @ the 26 cold psi I have them set to ( thanks to motokid). thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally my magic trick worked!   Finally my magic trick worked! Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally my magic trick worked!
Page 1 of 1