Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

I just broke my LCD display

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
meirc

I just broke my LCD display Empty
PostSubject: I just broke my LCD display   I just broke my LCD display EmptySat May 19, 2012 4:02 pm

HI
I just broke my LCD display when i tried very chalanging climb with my bike.
I tried to find the part number of new speedometer but i can only find speedometer at MPH and i need KM/H
Can you help me with that?
My bike is WR250R year 2009
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: I just broke my LCD display   I just broke my LCD display EmptySat May 19, 2012 4:05 pm

If you are looking for stock, Yamaha replacement part, the display can be switched from mph to kph with one click of a button.

I often accidentally switch mine over when resetting trip odometer at gas stops.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

PostSubject: Re: I just broke my LCD display   I just broke my LCD display EmptySat May 19, 2012 4:35 pm

motokid wrote:
If you are looking for stock, Yamaha replacement part, the display can be switched from mph to kph with one click of a button.

I often accidentally switch mine over when resetting trip odometer at gas stops.

Not everywhere - I'm in Canada, can't switch to miles.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: I just broke my LCD display   I just broke my LCD display EmptySat May 19, 2012 6:12 pm

sturgeon wrote:
motokid wrote:

Really? The stupidity of that is ginormous. Why would Yamaha have two different models if at least one of them can be switched back and forth by pressing one button?

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
meirc

PostSubject: All of the LCD displays they indicated MPH   I just broke my LCD display EmptySun May 20, 2012 2:21 am

So i am very confused
Do you think its the same part number for MPH and KM/H

Here are few links for examples

http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/oem-parts/YAMAHA/2009/WR250R-%28DUAL-SPORT%29/METER

http://www.2wheelpros.com/oem-parts/yamaha-meter-assy-mph-3d7-83500-41-00-part.html

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/products/785045-yamaha-3d7-83500-41-00-hard-parts-meter-assy-mph

http://www.gearhead.com/all/yamaha-parts.html?aribrand=YAM#/s/YAM//3D7-83500-40-00/1/

Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: I just broke my LCD display   I just broke my LCD display EmptySun May 20, 2012 8:18 am

I have no idea. I'd call the place I was ordering from if I was you and ask them specifically if you're getting the right replacement part for your bike.

Are you in Canada? Or Europe?

When I looked up the part from: http://www.ronniesmailorder.com/

the part number I saw was: 3D7-83500-51-00 (replaces 3D7-83500-50-00)

I assume that's for the one that switches from mph to kph but again, before I ordered something close to $300 I'd call to make sure it's what I want.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

PostSubject: Re: I just broke my LCD display   I just broke my LCD display EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:25 am

motokid wrote:
sturgeon wrote:
motokid wrote:

Really? The stupidity of that is ginormous. Why would Yamaha have two different models if at least one of them can be switched back and forth by pressing one button?

Yep, pretty dumb. But I don't really care since the speedo is so useless anyway, even moreso with a 13/48 sprocket combo. When I need to know the speed I look at the GPS. When I'm in the US, I switch the GPS to mph, and I'm good to go. I'd be willing to bet it's so stupid that it's the same electronics, somehow modified to lock out the button press that converts between metric and imperial, in metric-only markets. Lots of CDN vehicles these days don't even have the mph scale printed on the analog speedo like they used to, including both of my other two bikes. I guess we've been metric for so long now, very few people even notice.

There's a PDF of the owner's manual floating around somewhere that mentions this switch being for the UK only. My paper manual doesn't mention it at all.
Back to top Go down
meirc

PostSubject: Yes it is very expensive for just regular speedometer   I just broke my LCD display EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:36 am

I am wondering maybe I save 150$ and get a trail tech vapor speedo with a lot of functions and less money
But the problem is that I am using my bike for enduro and the trail tech look fragile comparing to the genuine Yamaha speedo.
I am really confused ,what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Gany

PostSubject: Re: I just broke my LCD display   I just broke my LCD display EmptySun May 20, 2012 3:11 pm

A billet protector for the trail tech should work? Either from Trail tech or maybe try Highway Dirtbikes for one of theirs:
http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_Shop/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=catshow&ref=billet_protectors&sid=018110ie318231k8c4547b1xt9x48699

Otherwise try your luck with someone parting out a bike on ebay or the such?
Back to top Go down
meirc

PostSubject: I just ordered the Trail tech Vapor   I just broke my LCD display EmptyTue May 29, 2012 5:30 am

But now i saw few members that said that i cant remove the original speedo and replace it with the trail tech?
Is it true?
Back to top Go down
ADV-250Ryder

PostSubject: Re: I just broke my LCD display   I just broke my LCD display EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 1:56 am

Hi Meirc

Would you be interested in SELLING YOUR BROKEN SPEEDOMETER if it is still around?

I am interested in the electrical plugs & pigtail wires particularly.

I also realize this is an old post

Respectfully, Scott
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just broke my LCD display   I just broke my LCD display Empty

Back to top Go down

I just broke my LCD display
Page 1 of 1