Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

hondas new dual sport vs the wrr

Go down 
+18
dtx
Marioscario
Swagger
DragonNester
skierd
sswrx
YZEtc
wristpin
bigg
D28NY
rahiminia
mucker
A66auto
pbnut
oic0
motokid
ramz
alo0012
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ramz

hondas new dual sport vs the wrr - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hondas new dual sport vs the wrr   hondas new dual sport vs the wrr - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 1:41 pm

Quote :
Jeez, it's not even out yet and people are already dogging it.
The CRF250L is already OUT; here's a May 8 post comparing the CRFL to a KLX250:
The Honda CRF 250 L / Kawasaki KLX 250 shoot out! <-- linky
hondas new dual sport vs the wrr - Page 2 61865
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: hondas new dual sport vs the wrr   hondas new dual sport vs the wrr - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 5:18 pm

ramz wrote:
Quote :

EEeeek, in another post on that same forum someone dynod it. Made 17.94hp. I called it Very happy Neck and neck with the TTR250 in the power department

Also, I do sort of hate honda Shog Has to do with their successful crusade to kill two strokes over the years because old man Honda hated them.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: hondas new dual sport vs the wrr   hondas new dual sport vs the wrr - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 6:00 pm

ramz wrote:
Quote :
Might even have a "made in China" label on it!
Quote :
Of course its made in Taiwan.
The CRF250L is made in Thailand.

Indeed, I got my Thai/Tai's mixed up. Shog

As far as comparing the stock WR vs a theoretically hopped up CRF vs a hopped up WR vs a KLX vs a KTM... geez guys, really? Its pretty clear that the WR250R is the superior spec'd bike to the KLX, and you pay handsomely for it by comparison, but the CRF250L splits the performance and technology gap yet retains the lower price of the KLX. That's what makes it interesting to me. 90% of the performance at 60% of the price is a better deal for my financial situation and make the Honda high on my list of replacement dual sports if/when I ever wear out my WR.

No sumo versions of either bike are currently available new, so that's a moot point anymore and who's to say that the CBR wheel set won't be swapped over at some point? Mmm... tubeless wheels...

My point was, despite the performance advantage, it will probably be a hard sell for Yamaha to convince people to buy a bike that's not that much more advanced anymore for $2000+ more dollars. Best thing that could come of this is Yamaha finally updating the WRR and WRX... worse is it kills it and fuel injects the XT250.
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: hondas new dual sport vs the wrr   hondas new dual sport vs the wrr - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 6:39 pm

skierd wrote:
ramz wrote:
Quote :
Might even have a "made in China" label on it!
Quote :
Of course its made in Taiwan.
The CRF250L is made in Thailand.

Indeed, I got my Thai/Tai's mixed up. Shog

As far as comparing the stock WR vs a theoretically hopped up CRF vs a hopped up WR vs a KLX vs a KTM... geez guys, really? Its pretty clear that the WR250R is the superior spec'd bike to the KLX, and you pay handsomely for it by comparison, but the CRF250L splits the performance and technology gap yet retains the lower price of the KLX. That's what makes it interesting to me. 90% of the performance at 60% of the price is a better deal for my financial situation and make the Honda high on my list of replacement dual sports if/when I ever wear out my WR.

No sumo versions of either bike are currently available new, so that's a moot point anymore and who's to say that the CBR wheel set won't be swapped over at some point? Mmm... tubeless wheels...

My point was, despite the performance advantage, it will probably be a hard sell for Yamaha to convince people to buy a bike that's not that much more advanced anymore for $2000+ more dollars. Best thing that could come of this is Yamaha finally updating the WRR and WRX... worse is it kills it and fuel injects the XT250.

Ya...what he said.
Back to top Go down
Marioscario

PostSubject: Re: hondas new dual sport vs the wrr   hondas new dual sport vs the wrr - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 10:49 am

It looks like a decent bike but it's not a WR (What is???). My biggest concern is the 317-320 lbs!! Ouch!! There's no shortage of threads of guys spending $$$ on their WR to lose a few lbs but 317 is a pig. Especially if it has less power. I like exploring in the nasty stuff and the weight is one thing you really have to respect. That being said, if you mainly like fire roads and not so tight trails, the Honda might be fine. I'm sure the price will sway some.
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: hondas new dual sport vs the wrr   hondas new dual sport vs the wrr - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 4:56 pm

http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/en/motorcycles/product/TE250#!/specifications
If i had to do it again,the husky 250 would be the one
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: hondas new dual sport vs the wrr   hondas new dual sport vs the wrr - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 5:05 pm

dtx wrote:
http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/en/motorcycles/product/TE250#!/specifications
If i had to do it again,the husky 250 would be the one

Bet that sucker is a maintenance whore!
With a do-over I would either get a 690, 610, street triple, or another WR250X. I really don't regret the 250X at all. The lack of maintenance and good mileage is worth its weight in gold to me on a commuter.
Back to top Go down
Sproat Sport

PostSubject: Re: hondas new dual sport vs the wrr   hondas new dual sport vs the wrr - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 1:53 pm

Sold my WRR months ago and have been on a plated '11 Berg FE390 since. My biggest beef with my WR was that it was kind of heavy off-road, and was lacking the fun low-end torque to lift the front over obstacles (despite all my farkling efforts). Those problems have been resolved with this new shade of blue. Extra maintenance absolutely 100% worth it. I used to grin alot while riding the WR. Now I actually grin, giggle and laugh like a fool on the Berg.
Personally I wouldn't go near that new Honda...heavier AND less hp than the WR? No thanks.
Back to top Go down
Just Bob

Just Bob

PostSubject: Re: hondas new dual sport vs the wrr   hondas new dual sport vs the wrr - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 1:22 am

ramz wrote:
Quote :

Thanks for the link. I rode the Samoeng Loop out of Chiang Mai years back ( on a rented beat up CBR 400) so it brought back memories - and made the reviews more palpable.
Back to top Go down
viper770

viper770

PostSubject: Re: hondas new dual sport vs the wrr   hondas new dual sport vs the wrr - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 4:58 am

lol thats is not a R2 killer
a guy in are club just got one and hes still in the back of the group and he is not getting 104 mpg either
no worrys guys are R2s are safe for now lol
Back to top Go down
texascycle

texascycle

PostSubject: Re: hondas new dual sport vs the wrr   hondas new dual sport vs the wrr - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 7:52 pm

Yeah, the honda has nothing on the yamaha for those who want the best in the class. If you just want the basics, sure, save some $$. Also, remember honda just came out with this bike right now ... the yamaha has been around for five years now ... if yamaha were to upgrade this bike, it would potentially set another level yet again. With the maintenance requirements, anyone would be better off with the kawasaki ... but if you want the best in class, nothing has changed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hondas new dual sport vs the wrr   hondas new dual sport vs the wrr - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

hondas new dual sport vs the wrr
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2