Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

My little pony!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MO-tarder

MO-tarder

My little pony! Empty
PostSubject: My little pony!   My little pony! EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 4:15 pm

My little pony! Imag0511
My little pony! 13396119My little pony! Imag0513My little pony! Imag0518
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

My little pony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My little pony!   My little pony! EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 5:00 pm

It's so clean!
Back to top Go down
MO-tarder

MO-tarder

My little pony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My little pony!   My little pony! EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 5:09 pm

So happens, i just washed her yesterday. yea she gets treated very well. Its just my commuter and twisty burner, but it does see dirt every day 2 miles to be exact.

I have other bikes for MORE serious offroad or moto fun. This little pony is for tearing up traffic. beavis
Back to top Go down
unoR

unoR

My little pony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My little pony!   My little pony! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 12:03 am

Nice and clean, love the retro decal. Looks awesome !
Back to top Go down
matt675

My little pony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My little pony!   My little pony! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 2:06 am

Nice bike! I am in the same vote as you. I don't want to mess up my fun street bike, sometimes I do light off road riding with it but nothing too hard core. I use my X as a daily commute and have fun on the pavement. I have a kdx200 for off road. I just bought this bike couple of weeks ago from Oklahoma City and drove it back to Denver, took about 12 hours. It was fantastic and bike ran great! I have to upload some pictures, maybe tomorrow. Where about do you live in CO?
Back to top Go down
MO-tarder

MO-tarder

My little pony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My little pony!   My little pony! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 9:12 am

matt675 wrote:
Nice bike! I am in the same vote as you. I don't want to mess up my fun street bike, sometimes I do light off road riding with it but nothing too hard core. I use my X as a daily commute and have fun on the pavement. I have a kdx200 for off road. I just bought this bike couple of weeks ago from Oklahoma City and drove it back to Denver, took about 12 hours. It was fantastic and bike ran great! I have to upload some pictures, maybe tomorrow. Where about do you live in CO?

Hey matt675, right, this bike is so fun just cruising to work and what not.

My buddy sold his X just like you did and he regrets it ever since.

I am in brighton / thornton part of town. How about you? Sounds like you do some single track riding or do you moto, or both?

like to see your pics when you get them up! That trip must have been quite the adventure riding a bike that far for a bike you just bought. Any good stories coming out of that trip? or was it smooth sailing?

Back to top Go down
MO-tarder

MO-tarder

My little pony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My little pony!   My little pony! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 9:27 am

unoR wrote:
Nice and clean, love the retro decal. Looks awesome !

Thanks unoR! it's nice to have a bike that i can keep "nice looking" ( my first street bike ) my other bikes are for beating on.

It does get its share of abuse, only its at the throttle i ring her little neck on a daily basis. I am just about to turn 18,000 mile mark and am very pleased of how little maintenance i have had to do, except for the fuel pump there has been no issues.
Back to top Go down
matt675

My little pony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My little pony!   My little pony! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:30 am

Need little help posting pics. Could post the links but couldn't download the pics on to the forum.....Thanks!
Back to top Go down
matt675

My little pony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My little pony!   My little pony! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:38 am

I live in Aurora. I've taken my kdx to rampart but like to find some nice jeep trails or something. Not sure where they are, guess need to explore or find a map. I am planning to take my wrx to the IMI in Dacono, I heard they have a pretty good sumo track.
Back to top Go down
MO-tarder

MO-tarder

My little pony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My little pony!   My little pony! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 12:19 pm

matt675 wrote:
Need little help posting pics. Could post the links but couldn't download the pics on to the forum.....Thanks!

YEa, this took me a while to figure out myself. baldy baldy baldy

for the first time i found it easy to:

go to this website www.servimg.com and register. This site stores and links pictures for this website

from that website (after you register) you can upload your pic's by clicking on the option to "choose file" (your pic)

once uploaded, you should see your pic on that website under the "images" tab (all your pic you upload on that site will be displayed) click the "linK" button under the pic you want to link to your message, and a list of links will pop up, I copy the "direct link" option show at the bottom of this list copy that address.
After you copy that pic. link, come back to this site and click the "insert image" button (of course now we are in the "post a reply" area) a new little pop up window opens and you will paste that link there and click "ok" and it will link that picture to your post/reply.

you have to do this for each pic. I found it easier if i opened that website (www.servimg.com) in a different window so you can go from this site back to that site quickly.

I am sure there is another way, but like i said above this is how i figured it out myself.

hope this was usefull.
Back to top Go down
MO-tarder

MO-tarder

My little pony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My little pony!   My little pony! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 12:53 pm

matt675 wrote:
I live in Aurora. I've taken my kdx to rampart but like to find some nice jeep trails or something. Not sure where they are, guess need to explore or find a map. I am planning to take my wrx to the IMI in Dacono, I heard they have a pretty good sumo track.

IMI has a really good pavement track that you can rip on the motard, its perfect size for a 250 IMO. Not sure what the $ is for the day to get on the paved track but all the dirt tracks its only 12$ for the day. I ride here alot on the pro moto track, its my fav track cause its groomed and layed out so well and its only 10 min from home, the guy who prep's the pro moto track "fluff" is his name does an OUTSTANDING job maintaining this track.

I don;'t ride rampart anymore or if i do its during the week if at all. when i go off road its hardcore single track trails and the harder the better. I use to race enduro circuit in the 'A' divison level (semi pro to pro level) and i use to race some national enduros and national hare scrambles in other states. There are tons of riding the the mtn's and i find it fun to take the X up in the mtns and serch for new trails that i will come back too with my woods bike.

When you get a chance head south of rampart to woodland park / west creek area off hwy 67.
from rampart continue on hwy 67 and go to deckers (at the sprucewood inn at the back side of rampart on hwy 67 there is a split right takes you down a steep hill 12% grade, eisinhower tunnel is 6% ?, its steep for any car or truck but super fun on a bike, or go left at sprucewood its a bit longer drive but takes you down to the platte river as well (which is hwy 67) and continue south to deckers go left at deckers (still hwy 67) for 6 or so miles and you will run into west creek. get off hwy 67 at west creek (little community of houses) and you will find tons of jeep roads and trails you can explore and will take you all summer to do it. Look for trail creek rd (1 mile off hwy 67 at west creek exit) it will get you in the right spot, from there its time to explore jeep trails or atv trails much like rampart but with way more riding and way less people.

Watch out for all the "quad-tards" (ATV's) Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
matt675

My little pony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My little pony!   My little pony! EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 1:34 am

Thanks for all the info, I appreciate it. Those trails sound great!!! Can't wait to check them out this weekend.
Was going to ask if you wanted to go ride sometime but seems like you are an experienced rider and I will most likely slow you down. Anyhow this is the bike I picked up few weeks ago and yeah I have to try to make it to IMI. Thanks again.

My little pony! 00110
My little pony! 00310
My little pony! 00210
Back to top Go down
MO-tarder

MO-tarder

My little pony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My little pony!   My little pony! EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 9:18 am

Looks like you got your self a sweeeet machine there! It looks so fresh, good call on going out of town to get this one. thumb

How does that yamaha pipe sound? and is that a FMF power bomb? or another aftermarket header pipe? Tail light kit already installed, nice!

I ve been riding for a long time, but i am not above riding with someone who might not have my same experience, i just won't take you on a ride with my riding buddies cause that wouldn't be any fun for you, i have lost many a friend that way.

My bikes are set up for riding 3 separate types of ridding. MY X just got fresh tires installed last night so it will be awhile before i take it offroad, and my woods bike doesn't have a licence plate so i can only take it on the trails. Maybe (i am really busy for a while) in a couple weeks we can meet up at woodland and i can give you a tour (it took me a long time to learn all the trails), that place is really easy but its also fun, there is alot of atv trails you will like and its not all whoooped out like rampart. Or i will get my buddy (hes got a klx450 dual sport bike) to take us on a good long road ride with the X and do the peak to peak hwy ride which starts in the foothills at lyons, CO. and goes thru the front range all the way thru into central city its a long ride but its got a lot of twisty roads. Thats a fun one and we haven't done it yet this year.

Have fun exploring woodland this weekend, you should like it. any bike shop should have a (i know SUN has it, and faymyers should too) woodland park trail maps, made by thunder navigation the guys who made this map are / use to put on the woodland park enduro race. let me know how your ride goes this weekend.
Back to top Go down
matt675

My little pony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My little pony!   My little pony! EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 10:30 pm

Yeah it is a FMF PB. I think it sounds pretty good. Not too loud but loud enough that other cars know I am there and maybe they will look before changing lanes or something.

I will stop by Faymyers and pick up a map. Thanks for letting me know. Planning to take my X to woodlands and explore first. As long as its not muddy or too sandy I should be fine or do you think it might be too much for the X?

That ride from lyons through central city sounds pretty cool. Yeah if you don't mind maybe we could ride through there sometime.
I will definitely let you know once I check out woodlands. Thanks for all the tips...
Back to top Go down
matt675

My little pony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My little pony!   My little pony! EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 10:41 pm

I went and explored around trail creek and westcreek today. It was an awesome ride. Thanks for telling me about this place. Took some pictures and will post them in "Pictures" part of the forum.
Back to top Go down
MO-tarder

MO-tarder

My little pony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My little pony!   My little pony! EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 5:53 pm

cool, i am glad you liked it. Where you able to get around without getting lost? its hard to do there if you haven't rode there before. I ll go look for your pictures and see if i can tell where you landed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My little pony! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My little pony!   My little pony! Empty

Back to top Go down

My little pony!
Page 1 of 1