Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Two wires going to Clutch Lever mount

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
matt_leit

matt_leit

Two wires going to Clutch Lever mount Empty
PostSubject: Two wires going to Clutch Lever mount   Two wires going to Clutch Lever mount EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 3:13 pm

Hello! There are two wires going into my clutch lever mount. There is the clutch cable, and there is a second one. It looks like an old tv AV jack (for descriptive purposes :P ) but with a notch on the piece to insert into the clutch lever mount. I was changing the handlebars today and it popped out. I tried putting it back in into the slot and thought maybe it twisted but it seems like it doesn't want to stay in the slot.

Is this just a wire to ensure that the clutch is pulled in when starting the bike in gear when the kickstand is down? I read somewhere else about something I THINK is similar, but really unsure. dunno

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t3457-wr250r-clutch-wire

Any input would be greatly appreciated . This forum rocks!
Back to top Go down
matt_leit

matt_leit

PostSubject: Re: Two wires going to Clutch Lever mount   Two wires going to Clutch Lever mount EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 4:36 pm

Just checked and it seems to be the sensor for the clutch being in. (When the kickstand is down, and I shift into first while the clutch is in it dies.) I'm not really worried about it but was wondering if there could be any negative consequences to just keeping it disconnected? Might just zip tie it off for now. thumb
Back to top Go down
kjharn

kjharn

PostSubject: Re: Two wires going to Clutch Lever mount   Two wires going to Clutch Lever mount EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 5:10 pm

Plenty of people disable the switches. As long as you don't try to start it in gear without the clutch pulled you'll be alright. If you tap it in gear and it lurches forward, fllas over, and crushes your kneecap, don't blame me though. thumb
Back to top Go down
matt_leit

matt_leit

PostSubject: Thanks!   Two wires going to Clutch Lever mount EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 5:29 pm

I figured it wouldn't cause a problem, but you can never be too safe! My WRR is my daily driver, (got in June and have put 4900 on it so far thumb )

Thanks again! bannana
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two wires going to Clutch Lever mount   Two wires going to Clutch Lever mount Empty

Back to top Go down

Two wires going to Clutch Lever mount
Page 1 of 1