Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

My X in Moab, UT

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kbike

kbike

My X in Moab, UT Empty
PostSubject: My X in Moab, UT   My X in Moab, UT EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:08 pm

I just got back from a couple of days in Moab riding in Canyonlands National Park and Arches National Park.
Here are a few pictures a long the way.

My X on the Sovereign Trail by Arches National Park
My X in Moab, UT P1010256-M

Dead Horse Point from the Dead Horse Point overlook, with the Shafer Trail Rd below.
My X in Moab, UT 20121016115022-M

Dead Horse Point overlook from the Shafer Trail
My X in Moab, UT PA160148-M

Shafer Trail Rd coming down from the top.
My X in Moab, UT PA160110-M
My X in Moab, UT PA160124-M

X on the Shafer Trail Rd
My X in Moab, UT PA160137-M

Long Canyon Rd coming up from the Colorado River
My X in Moab, UT PA160158-M

Fallen Rock at Pucker Pass on Long Canyon Rd
My X in Moab, UT PA160150-M

Riding under the fallen rock
]My X in Moab, UT PA160154-M

Slick Rock at the end of the trip
My X in Moab, UT 20121017173020-M
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

My X in Moab, UT Empty
PostSubject: Re: My X in Moab, UT   My X in Moab, UT EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:01 am

Awesome photos, thanks for sharing. I'd love to get out there some day.
Back to top Go down
jckid

My X in Moab, UT Empty
PostSubject: Re: My X in Moab, UT   My X in Moab, UT EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 6:29 pm

Great pics! I love Moab. I have the same pic under the fallen rock in my Jeep. I'd love to ride one of my bikes there, but too much sand for me. You must be a good rider. I'll be sticking to my Rubicon for Moab.
Back to top Go down
kbike

kbike

My X in Moab, UT Empty
PostSubject: Re: My X in Moab, UT   My X in Moab, UT EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 10:15 am

jckid wrote:
Great pics! I love Moab. I have the same pic under the fallen rock in my Jeep. I'd love to ride one of my bikes there, but too much sand for me. You must be a good rider. I'll be sticking to my Rubicon for Moab.

jckid,
It's all relative I guess! I've never thought of Moab as having much sand. After riding miles and miles of sand washes in Arizona, Moab is a piece of cake. Now wet, red mud and clay, is another story!
Back to top Go down
jckid

My X in Moab, UT Empty
PostSubject: Re: My X in Moab, UT   My X in Moab, UT EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:23 pm

kbike wrote:
jckid wrote:

jckid,
It's all relative I guess! I've never thought of Moab as having much sand. After riding miles and miles of sand washes in Arizona, Moab is a piece of cake. Now wet, red mud and clay, is another story!

Well actually you are right. There's not that much sand in Moab, but when I'm on my bike, any sand is too much! Very happy I can think of a few places in Moab where a short strech of sand would be a problem for me. I try to avoid sand, but being in California it's impossible. I've actually improved a little over the years, and try not to be so intimidated by it. I have learned that keeping the revs up helps a lot. But my riding partner has never got used to sand. He still tries to putt along, and usually ends up on the ground. wings
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My X in Moab, UT Empty
PostSubject: Re: My X in Moab, UT   My X in Moab, UT Empty

Back to top Go down

My X in Moab, UT
Page 1 of 1