Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Greetings from the Sonora

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Crabbuckle

Crabbuckle

Greetings from the Sonora Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from the Sonora   Greetings from the Sonora EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 6:51 pm

I'm a retired geezer, kind of a 50's sort of guy, 71 now and have not been on a bike since about April19, 1977 at 4:56 pm or so. I spend my summer, spring and fall in Brookings and winter down here in Airry Zoona.I founda bike, a 2012 R model with 1200 miles and since my birthday was coming up, my bride of several decades took pity on me and the green light came on. I've had it out in the desert several times, mostly putzing around, but had the chance to open her up on a long flat and let her run free. This critter makes my old DT-1 from the 70's look more suitable for Fred Flintstone.

I'm not as steady or awesome as i once thought i may have been, but i'm having a great time with the machine. I ordered up a Ricochet skid plate and a nice billet aluminum rear rack that should be strong enough to hold my beer : ) The wife said it looks like i could wire in a 12vdc to 110v ac inverter and make waffles on that rack. A guy does get hungry on the trail i suppose.

I have no real riding gear, but will get some soon, but having a tough time finding size 17 boots. May have to go custom or just wear the boxes, as was suggested by my wise-arse neighbor. I did get a good helmet and gloves, so i am part way there. If i can get 10 years out of the bike and my aging body, i am golden!
Back to top Go down
miniceptor86

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Sonora   Greetings from the Sonora EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 7:17 pm

Congrats from a younger old geezer. Definitely get some protective gear got shins, knees, elbows lower arms shoulders, ribs. We just don't heal as fast as the young guys.

I love riding in the desert, been to Big bend tx a couple of times. It's especially nice to get away from Iowa winters.

Jim
Back to top Go down
saddletramp

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Sonora   Greetings from the Sonora EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 10:03 pm

Welcome aboard Crabbuckle. You are an inspiration. Enjoy the bike!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Sonora   Greetings from the Sonora EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:15 pm

Welcome and enjoy yourself that's what really counts!!!!! cheers

Doc
Back to top Go down
I<3Mountains

PostSubject: beatnic from denver   Greetings from the Sonora EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 9:31 pm

you totally can wire a inverter to battery with the 350w alternator the wr's have. i just picked up a wrx for putzing around denver. check the army surplus store for those boots or redwing. i'm not sure about the beer and bikes though, be careful!
Back to top Go down
Crabbuckle

Crabbuckle

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Sonora   Greetings from the Sonora EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 7:48 am

I<3Mountains wrote:
you totally can wire a inverter to battery with the 350w alternator the wr's have. i just picked up a wrx for putzing around denver. check the army surplus store for those boots or redwing. i'm not sure about the beer and bikes though, be careful!

Hey Mountains, i was just tossing out some of my sick humor. Waffles on the trail??> Never! Pancakes maybe. Beer, bikes and boulders never a good mix. I've tried a lot of places on those boots. Size 17 is a toughie, but i'll find 'em eventually.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Sonora   Greetings from the Sonora EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:58 am

Ooohhh I'm all for them beers Crabbuckle. I got some places that take about half a day to get too where we could set up camp for the night and drink those beers. Gotta finish my rack so I can load some camping gear. Congrats on that bike. thumb
Back to top Go down
Crabbuckle

Crabbuckle

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Sonora   Greetings from the Sonora EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 1:02 pm

Well sure,being a Yooper and all, don't ya know it's okay to swill 'em down when de ridin's done and de campfire is burning yer britches, eh?Greetings from the Sonora Imgres-1 Hey, how does one post a pic or two? Can't seem to find the pathway here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Sonora   Greetings from the Sonora Empty

Back to top Go down

Greetings from the Sonora
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: New Members-
Jump to: