Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Powerbomb melted my pants...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wrxjim

Powerbomb melted my pants... Empty
PostSubject: Powerbomb melted my pants...   Powerbomb melted my pants... EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 4:38 am

So... I leaned against my bike with the powerbomb still hot and melted my pants onto it budah

Anyone have any good ideas/tips for removing melted/burnt plastic from it without scratching it to death?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Powerbomb melted my pants...   Powerbomb melted my pants... EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 7:17 am

Next time you ride the bike and get the pipe up to full temperature, use a piece of wood like a Popsicle stick to scrape off what you can.
After it completely cools, use metal polish on the rest.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Powerbomb melted my pants...   Powerbomb melted my pants... EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 7:52 am

wrxjim wrote:
So... I leaned against my bike with the powerbomb still hot and melted my pants onto it budah

Anyone have any good ideas/tips for removing melted/burnt plastic from it without scratching it to death?

Cheers

You can sell it to me for $25 and never have to think about it again. Very happy hide

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
skrew

PostSubject: Re: Powerbomb melted my pants...   Powerbomb melted my pants... EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 9:05 am

motokid wrote:
wrxjim wrote:

Cheers

You can sell it to me for $25 and never have to think about it again. Very happy hide

$30 Very happy
Back to top Go down
wrxjim

PostSubject: Re: Powerbomb melted my pants...   Powerbomb melted my pants... EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 3:22 pm

Thanks for ths tip!

And the offers... I think that postage from the UK may be a bit steep.
Back to top Go down
skrew

PostSubject: Re: Powerbomb melted my pants...   Powerbomb melted my pants... EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 3:27 pm

wrxjim wrote:
Thanks for ths tip!

And the offers... I think that postage from the UK may be a bit steep.

I am closer than you may think :)
Back to top Go down
mick wr250r

mick wr250r

PostSubject: powerbomb melted my pants   Powerbomb melted my pants... EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:48 pm

GAHHHH i think the best way is to get the pipe up to tempature and keep scraping of bit by bit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Powerbomb melted my pants...   Powerbomb melted my pants... Empty

Back to top Go down

Powerbomb melted my pants...
Page 1 of 1