Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Mods, Mods, and more Mods!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WRXsmv15

WRXsmv15

Mods, Mods, and more Mods! Empty
PostSubject: Mods, Mods, and more Mods!   Mods, Mods, and more Mods! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:12 pm

So while getting everything ready for spring riding to begin I took the chance to do some of the mods I've been wanting to do to the bike. wink

1.) Chopped Front Fender

2.) 44 Tooth Renthal Rear Sprocket

3.) New Renthal Chain

4.) LED Turn Signals (Tusk Signals)

5.) 12 O'Clock Labs Speedo Corrector

6.) 12 O'Clock Labs LED Running Lights Adapter

7.) Modded Stock Brake/Plate Light and Location

8.) 150/60/17 Pilot Power

Here's some pics, I couldn't be happier with the results. Oh and 12 O'Clock Labs GREAT PRODUCT! Easy install, High quality parts, Fast shipping! thumb

Front Fender Post Cut:

Mods, Mods, and more Mods! IMG_20130203_103923_zps15fb7bb6

Front Signals:

Mods, Mods, and more Mods! IMG_20130203_103933_zpsaceef5df

Front Signals w/ Running Lights:

Mods, Mods, and more Mods! IMG_20130203_104037_zpsf1511823

New Rear Tire (plenty of room for chain with the 150/60/17) & New Light Setup:

Mods, Mods, and more Mods! Cb7a64a0-7b77-4973-aa6a-e9ec84396c55_zpsb69b9b9a

New Rear Turn Signals, and Re-worked brake light and plate light using stock lights:

Mods, Mods, and more Mods! B881047a-c4a9-4e3d-8066-7866b159fd6a_zps52858de0

Another view:

Mods, Mods, and more Mods! 83b9aa8b-66a7-4857-b72c-3753b526569d_zps5dd31a93

How it sits as of now:

Mods, Mods, and more Mods! IMG_20130203_112331_zps50df8cff
Back to top Go down
bambo

bambo

PostSubject: Re: Mods, Mods, and more Mods!   Mods, Mods, and more Mods! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:52 am

More details on the brake/plate light setup.... Looks good!
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Mods, Mods, and more Mods!   Mods, Mods, and more Mods! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:16 am

Bambo , I did almost the same thing but a little diff. WRXsmv15 did a nice job, but if you ride dirt, you prob want it back a little further like mine. I dont want to step on this guys toes so I wont post pics here and instead I will make my own thread on the WHALE TAIL MOD. Im thinking any off roading would cake his with mud.
Back to top Go down
WRXsmv15

WRXsmv15

PostSubject: Re: Mods, Mods, and more Mods!   Mods, Mods, and more Mods! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 3:39 pm

bambo wrote:
More details on the brake/plate light setup.... Looks good!

I don't have any other pictures and I'm 2 1/2 hours away from bike right now so I'll describe the best I can.

Remove seat and rear fender.

The light is mounted using the stock metal bracket and is bolted to a cross member in the sub frame with about a 1/4 spacer. (It's actually the bar where the screws for the seat go through, to give you an idea). If I were to redo it, I would also add about a 1/2 spacer to where the light screws into the mounting bracket because getting the seat bolts on/off is a tight job now. (Since I had everything off the bike I didn't catch this until the end and still might end up doing it.)

You will need to cut both the plate and brake light wires, route them inside the frame and then reconnect them.

The plate is mounted using two 1/2 strips of aluminum which goes from the screw holes in the back of the brake light and are then bent at an angle you like.

The plate light is mounted onto a plate of aluminum angle which is bent to match the strips which hold the plate.

Here the arrows point to where the aluminum is for the plate light bracket and how it's bolted to the plate bracket.

Mods, Mods, and more Mods! 4b3ec459-9b8b-4b86-83d8-c72c6afdcb6d_zps0f3fc3b1

Red indicates the two brackets which hold the plate and plate light. The green indicates the angle which holds the plate light.

Mods, Mods, and more Mods! 21be6424-0fbf-4f7f-84e1-526d5f29773b_zps5ec7fcbe

If you're worried about it being seen by cars, don't, as you can tell the light is still highly visible from behind and the new turn signals are way brighter than the old ones.

Mods, Mods, and more Mods! Cb7a64a0-7b77-4973-aa6a-e9ec84396c55_zpsb69b9b9a

I agree with mcdoublehopper about the placement for offroad riding, this is mainly a street/ dirt road bike and doesn't trails that often so I'm not concerned by it; but if you are going to be getting in the mud alot then I would move it further the rear of the bike.

Hope this helps some!

Back to top Go down
bambo

bambo

PostSubject: Re: Mods, Mods, and more Mods!   Mods, Mods, and more Mods! EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:29 am

I'll probably do something like that without the turn signals (not required in TX) since its brighter than the edge. Im thinking about trying out the Pilot Power when my Shinko 006 wears out (from mostly commuting), post up a review when you get some miles on it.
Back to top Go down
WRXsmv15

WRXsmv15

PostSubject: Re: Mods, Mods, and more Mods!   Mods, Mods, and more Mods! EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:34 pm

bambo wrote:
I'll probably do something like that without the turn signals (not required in TX) since its brighter than the edge. Im thinking about trying out the Pilot Power when my Shinko 006 wears out (from mostly commuting), post up a review when you get some miles on it.

Will do! thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mods, Mods, and more Mods!   Mods, Mods, and more Mods! Empty

Back to top Go down

Mods, Mods, and more Mods!
Page 1 of 1