Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New old guy from central Louisiana

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hog86r

New old guy from central Louisiana Empty
PostSubject: New old guy from central Louisiana   New old guy from central Louisiana EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 7:57 am

Hi from Forest Hill Louisiana. I am the proud new owner of an '08 WR250R. I hadnt really owned a bike since my 1971 Honda CL100 I bought new for $455 delivered with a tank of gas and a Fulmer helmet.

Recently, my 5 year old grandson got a Yamaha TTR50 and I thought it would be neat to have a bike to tag along with him on. Figured a dual-sport would make more sense and probably be less abused than a MX so I started doing my "research". Being a rather fat arse I naturally thought I needed a bigger bike such as a 650. However, a friend directed me to the Big Dog Adventures site and I became sold on the Yamaha. It helped that I have been a Yamaha ATV and outboard motor fan for most of my adult life. My fourth Yamaha ATV, a 2012 Grizzly 700 shares the stable with my WR.

Anyways, I bought the WR, and couldnt be happier with my purchase. Had no idea the world of DS was as big as it is. One buddy ( a Harley guy) tried to advise against a DS.......... said i would have neither a street bike nor a dirt bike. That sounded reasonable until I realized that was EXACTLY what i wanted....... a sort of 2 wheeled jeep..... not the best off the road, not the best on the street, but a heck of a machine that does both on-road and off-road quite satisfactorily.

In conclusion, I dont think I could have made a better choice in bikes. I can ride with my grandson on his Yami 50 and my son on his Yami YZ250F (If I got the letters right), Make a run with my Harley buddy, or just strike out on my own and "discover" some new dirt roads.

Looking forward to meeting some like-minded folks in my neighborhood, regardless of how big said neighborhood may turn out ot be.

Thanks for having me.
Back to top Go down
robertnsmith

robertnsmith

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from central Louisiana   New old guy from central Louisiana EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 5:23 pm

Welcome! Riding along with your Grandson on a WR250R sounds like great fun! cheers
Back to top Go down
I<3Mountains

PostSubject: love my wrx   New old guy from central Louisiana EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 1:12 am

its great for kicking around town on!
Back to top Go down
Hog86r

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from central Louisiana   New old guy from central Louisiana EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 7:33 am

Thanks. I am excited about all the possibilities. I am amazed at the wealth of information and knowledge you guys share.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New old guy from central Louisiana   New old guy from central Louisiana Empty

Back to top Go down

New old guy from central Louisiana
Page 1 of 1