Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Chain broke and something else please see pics

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelrvp

Angelrvp

Chain broke and something else please see pics Empty
PostSubject: Chain broke and something else please see pics   Chain broke and something else please see pics EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 2:49 pm

Chain broke and something else is shredded. I don't know about bikes and I want to order these parts before taking it to the mechanic.

Bolts -I don't know the name of them
Chain broke and something else please see pics Damage14

Bearings?
Chain broke and something else please see pics Damage15

Chain is shot of course and some of the rear sprocket teeth are bent.
What are these exactly and where can I get them? Should I get OEM or something better? Price is not a factor here. My riding will be 90% Street (20% of that on the highway) and 10% light trailing. I weigh 200lbs.

I was thinking about the the chain and sprocket kit from d2moto 13T/49T and OEM on the bearings. Please advise.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Chain broke and something else please see pics   Chain broke and something else please see pics EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 3:50 pm

The chain actually came apart?
That's nice while at speed.

That mangled piece at the center of the wheel is the remains of the plastic dust cover that fits over the metal part it is sitting on called the wheel spacer.
When in original form, it prevents dirt and debris from directly pelting the seal it covers, and that seal seals the wheel bearing on that side.

For all I know sitting here looking at your pics, the bike is still perfectly ridable with only a new chain.
It shows the typical physical damage done to the usual parts from a chain derailing while at speed, which is often not pretty if it does happen.
There are ugly-looking gouges on the swingarm, wheel hub, sprocket bolts, sprocket, and the mentioned wheel spacer, but I can't be sure whether or not they are damaged only as far as cosmetics go, or if something is wrecked enough to need replacing.

My advice, naturally, is to have a guy who is qualified to get his hands and nose in there, take it apart, and make a decision.
Back to top Go down
TwilightZone

PostSubject: Re: Chain broke and something else please see pics   Chain broke and something else please see pics EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 11:13 pm

Looks like you still have the original rubber-toothed sprocket ?
If so, get rid of it... bad karma on chains, throws them off.

Here's a Yamaha Sports Plaza listing for parts on the rear wheel.

http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/oemparts/a/yam/50046d92f8700209bc796e8d/rear-wheel
Looks like you need #3, #5 and (6 of) #14
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chain broke and something else please see pics   Chain broke and something else please see pics EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 5:57 pm

Maybe check to see if the engine case is broken near the countershaft (front) sprocket. You will need to remove the cover off this area to see. Why did the chain break and/or come off?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chain broke and something else please see pics   Chain broke and something else please see pics Empty

Back to top Go down

Chain broke and something else please see pics
Page 1 of 1