Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

TTR vs WR-R

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
66T

66T

TTR vs WR-R Empty
PostSubject: TTR vs WR-R   TTR vs WR-R EmptyMon May 06, 2013 3:18 am

Weird question here, especially since I own both bikes:

In the opinion of those who have owned both bikes - is the WR suspension action better than the TTR?

My WR is new, and won't be used for work (ie off road) for a while for various reasons, so I can't compare them. The TTR suspension has a bit more travel, but it really beats you up over the sharp hits both big and small. Is the WR better?
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

TTR vs WR-R Empty
PostSubject: Re: TTR vs WR-R   TTR vs WR-R EmptyMon May 06, 2013 12:25 pm

I really can't comment even on the WRs suspension. I have mine set as stiff as it can go and it will rattle your teeth out just riding through a smooth pasture. Actually broke my HID headlight that way lol... but the rest of the bike was fine. What I'm getting at is, don't be scared to take your WR off road. Its built for the abuse. Its not a street bike that looks like a dirt bike, it IS a dirt bike first and foremost... and an extra beefy one at that. Mind you... I owe enough money that I don't do anything to it that might give it scars, but general trail riding and single track doesn't make it break a sweat, its built for it.
Back to top Go down
66T

66T

TTR vs WR-R Empty
PostSubject: Re: TTR vs WR-R   TTR vs WR-R EmptyMon May 06, 2013 8:22 pm

Thanks for your reply...

No, I most definitely am not scared to take my WR off road. It's just that it must be set up properly for the job it has to do, otherwise it will let me down eg big tank, radiator brace and guard, bashplate, barkbusters, some sort of protection for the radiator hoses so they dont get punctured by sticks, h/d tubes and tyres, rimlocks and rear carry rack for starters.

This isn't to be a recreational bike. It has work to do, and I am just looking for opinions, basically, as to whether the stock shock can give a decent ride over broken ground, or whether I have to spend even more money and get it upgraded.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TTR vs WR-R Empty
PostSubject: Re: TTR vs WR-R   TTR vs WR-R Empty

Back to top Go down

TTR vs WR-R
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: WRR/X General Discussion-
Jump to: