Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Best gripping street tires for a wr250x?

Go down 
+3
motokid
Chrispy1200
yngdviant
7 posters
AuthorMessage
yngdviant

Best gripping street tires for a wr250x? Empty
PostSubject: Best gripping street tires for a wr250x?   Best gripping street tires for a wr250x? EmptyMon May 13, 2013 9:24 pm

Hey guys I am looking to replace my front and rear tires on my wr250x. Right now I am running the stock bt090 radial g tires and I would like to know from your experiences, what is the best sticking/ longest lasting street tire? these are strictly for the street and being a hooligan around town, so no dirt and I try not to ride in the rain.

Price is NOT an issue, I just want the best set of tires where I can scrap the pegs and not be worried. I like how the bt090s feel, but i would like to know if there is an upgrade to those.

Please do not be a smart ass and tell me to look through the forum, as I have and it is an overwhelming amount of posts so I have just decided to start my own post.

Your help is appreciated, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Best gripping street tires for a wr250x?   Best gripping street tires for a wr250x? EmptyTue May 14, 2013 12:29 pm

I was running the soft compound Distanzia's. While they had pretty good grip, they are kinda heavy. I recently switched to the BT003RS. Excellent traction on the track, as light as the BT090's, although there isn't as much "feel" as I would like.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Best gripping street tires for a wr250x?   Best gripping street tires for a wr250x? EmptyTue May 14, 2013 1:12 pm

yngdviant wrote:
Please do not be a smart ass

Awwwwww man....... budah

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: Best gripping street tires for a wr250x?   Best gripping street tires for a wr250x? EmptyTue May 14, 2013 3:27 pm

Michelin Pilot Power 3 gets good reviews. Dual compound. I've had the original Pilot Powers on another bike and I liked them a lot.

Since my Distanzias still have a lot of tread on them, it will be a while before I look at tires again for the X. Let us know what you get.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Best gripping street tires for a wr250x?   Best gripping street tires for a wr250x? EmptyTue May 14, 2013 8:27 pm

Another satisfied Michelin Pilot Power user over here.
Had them on my 2008 WR-250X and they were beautiful.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Best gripping street tires for a wr250x?   Best gripping street tires for a wr250x? EmptyWed May 15, 2013 8:12 pm

I'm sold on the BT-003's. I'm on my second or third set.
Back to top Go down
georgis4

georgis4

PostSubject: Re: Best gripping street tires for a wr250x?   Best gripping street tires for a wr250x? EmptyFri May 17, 2013 7:40 am

I am going to change my old bt 090 with dunlop mutants on monday.heard a lot about them so....what the hell:-D
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Best gripping street tires for a wr250x?   Best gripping street tires for a wr250x? EmptyFri May 17, 2013 8:29 am

Black leathers, white boots, and black wr250x is "Love2lean" here.

He stated he was using bt003rs tires on bike when that video was shot.

bow bow bow

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
yngdviant

PostSubject: Re: Best gripping street tires for a wr250x?   Best gripping street tires for a wr250x? EmptySat May 18, 2013 3:07 pm

appreciate all the insight guys! the michelin pilot powers and the bridgestone bt003s seem to be the tires of choice. Keep it coming if anyone else has any other hidden gems they have stumbled upon
Back to top Go down
georgis4

georgis4

PostSubject: Re: Best gripping street tires for a wr250x?   Best gripping street tires for a wr250x? EmptyTue May 21, 2013 7:04 am

Yesterday i got the mutants on the bike.first impression on the first ride was me thinking that sonething was wrong with the bike,like it had something bent:-D.VERY weird and scary feeling like it wanted to turn before the turn lol.i got used to it at todays 10km commute to work.due its rounder (taller) shape its giving that strange feeling at first and you think something is wrong..they seem to have nice grip but its too soon for that.the shop i got/installed then inflated them 2bars the front and 2.5 the back tire.the tires also seem to give very good *reading* of the road(bumps/anomalies etc).cost €250 all included.price range in greece for them is €250-€299!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best gripping street tires for a wr250x?   Best gripping street tires for a wr250x? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best gripping street tires for a wr250x?
Page 1 of 1