Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

how often do these radiators get messed up?

Go down 
+2
RRM707
kpla51
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kpla51

kpla51

how often do these radiators get messed up? Empty
PostSubject: how often do these radiators get messed up?   how often do these radiators get messed up? EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:12 pm

first time taking her out off the show room floor i dumped her on some rough single track and bent the radiator my buddy with his air cooled is calling me an idiot. the stock setup seems super vulnerable to smashes with just a simple downing of the bike. how many of you guys have bent or destroyed a radiator? i don't want to feel left out GAHHHH
Back to top Go down
RRM707

PostSubject: Re: how often do these radiators get messed up?   how often do these radiators get messed up? EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:44 pm

I'm not taking any chances. I got my Flatlands guard yesterday.

They do stick out a bit......gotta watch.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: how often do these radiators get messed up?   how often do these radiators get messed up? EmptyThu May 16, 2013 7:03 pm

Dropped her many a time ... stock up front .... never a rad problem. Then again, dropped exclusively in water, mud or sand. Oh, one exception - when I fell head first thru erosion netting into a 7 foot ditch. Bike was fine. My head on the other hand ....

how often do these radiators get messed up? Gopr0010
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: how often do these radiators get messed up?   how often do these radiators get messed up? EmptyThu May 16, 2013 10:02 pm

ya i dumped her flying down a trail about 30 mph saw a small hill and said hey why not jump it well little did i know the other side was a small lake about 20 feet from the top of that hill. as i was airborne i bailed and only the front tire made it in the water all was well exempt my radiator baldy
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: how often do these radiators get messed up?   how often do these radiators get messed up? EmptyFri May 17, 2013 6:23 pm

I always have put rad guards on my bikes asap so I havent bent one yet.

Its more about what the bike lands on, not how much you drop the bike tho.

If the bike lands on a large rock or log that lines up with the rad its gonna bend or brake, if you drop it onto its side on smooth ground, the rad never hits the ground.
Back to top Go down
wristpin

PostSubject: Re: how often do these radiators get messed up?   how often do these radiators get messed up? EmptyMon May 20, 2013 9:27 pm

Dude just get a new radiator already! It's obviously been compromised to the point that a replacement is your best option.
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: how often do these radiators get messed up?   how often do these radiators get messed up? EmptyMon May 20, 2013 9:32 pm

wristpin wrote:
Dude just get a new radiator already! It's obviously been compromised to the point that a replacement is your best option.
lucky l found a guy on here with one.
Back to top Go down
Wrroom

PostSubject: Re: how often do these radiators get messed up?   how often do these radiators get messed up? EmptyMon May 20, 2013 9:46 pm

If all dirt bikes need rad guards, why don't they come with guards or built-in guards (ie stronger radiators) from the factory? Do they want us to keep buying new radiators from them? :)
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: how often do these radiators get messed up?   how often do these radiators get messed up? EmptyMon May 20, 2013 10:13 pm

seriously i was shocked at how flimsy this stock radiator is haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how often do these radiators get messed up?   how often do these radiators get messed up? Empty

Back to top Go down

how often do these radiators get messed up?
Page 1 of 1