Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

16 Aug 09 Goodbye, Pal

Go down 
+4
mwakey
SheWolf
dirtytrixx400
Jäger
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

16 Aug 09  Goodbye, Pal Empty
PostSubject: 16 Aug 09 Goodbye, Pal   16 Aug 09  Goodbye, Pal EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 11:56 pm

For my best buddy and part of my heart, who I had to euthanize this weekend. My friend of 13 years who chose me when I got back from my tour in Yugoslavia, bitter and twisted and hating the world, and who taught me to laugh and love again, and rejoin the rest of the world.

Why? Because our dogs inspire us to try and be the kind of people they think we are.

Goodbye Pal. I hope you and Holly Dolly are together again, and maybe if I'm lucky I'll see you both again sometime down the road.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

"If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals
are better off than a lot of humans. You've nothing to worry about there. Do they
join their masters in an afterlife? I do believe it. With all my heart I believe it."
James Herriot "Dog Stories"

16 Aug 09  Goodbye, Pal Goodby11
Back to top Go down
dirtytrixx400

dirtytrixx400

PostSubject: Re: 16 Aug 09 Goodbye, Pal   16 Aug 09  Goodbye, Pal EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 12:04 am

i'm sorry for your loss my friend. i still grieve over all of my pets that have come and gone.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: 16 Aug 09 Goodbye, Pal   16 Aug 09  Goodbye, Pal EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 9:06 pm

Oh Rick...I'm so sorry... cry Are you going to see Lisa and maybe fill the void and give your other pup some company? Guh I bet she's not taking it well either. *many hugs*

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: 16 Aug 09 Goodbye, Pal   16 Aug 09  Goodbye, Pal EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 9:50 pm

I feel for you man. There is no worse feeling in the world than having to put down the one you love. I still have a hole in my heart for my black lab who has been gone for five years now. He was 16 and meant the world to me. There is no doubt in my mind that your buddy is in Heaven with all the other dogs gone before him. I only wish I could be half the man my dog thought I was. They are truely one of God's greatest creations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 16 Aug 09 Goodbye, Pal   16 Aug 09  Goodbye, Pal EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 8:53 am

I am sorry for your loss. Our personal animals shape our lives, and they never want to leave us. I had a cat for 18 years, "Turbo" and he was a integeral part of my life. As he got into his last few years I was afraid I was going to have to put him dowm and could not bear the thought of doing it. One day I came home and he was next to his food dish and his bed and had just laid down and was gone. It was sad but I knew he was in peace. Had his quality of life been any worse I would have taken him in, but he could still get around and eat and such so there was no call for it.

Smile and be happy as you had a great friend for a long time and that is worth celebrating!
Back to top Go down
throck

PostSubject: Re: 16 Aug 09 Goodbye, Pal   16 Aug 09  Goodbye, Pal EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 6:14 pm

Sorry for your loss, you and your family are in our prayers.
Back to top Go down
warriordad

PostSubject: loss of a friend   16 Aug 09  Goodbye, Pal EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 7:52 pm

THE OLDER I GET ,AND THE MORE PEOPLE I MEET ... THE MORE I LIKE DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: 16 Aug 09 Goodbye, Pal   16 Aug 09  Goodbye, Pal EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 8:39 pm

thumb
Back to top Go down
Herkypilot

Herkypilot

PostSubject: Re: 16 Aug 09 Goodbye, Pal   16 Aug 09  Goodbye, Pal EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 8:03 pm

Jager,

Sorry about your loss. This must be the summer for dogs passing. My Great Dane of 6 1/2 years passed away in August also.

Herkypilot
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: 16 Aug 09 Goodbye, Pal   16 Aug 09  Goodbye, Pal EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 8:19 pm

I know the feeling. I've had 2 dogs & both lived to be around 17 years old. It's hard to let them go when they get too old to do things like walk & eat. Pets are sometimes better friends than people are.
Jäger wrote:
For my best buddy and part of my heart, who I had to euthanize this weekend. My friend of 13 years who chose me when I got back from my tour in Yugoslavia, bitter and twisted and hating the world, and who taught me to laugh and love again, and rejoin the rest of the world.

Why? Because our dogs inspire us to try and be the kind of people they think we are.

Goodbye Pal. I hope you and Holly Dolly are together again, and maybe if I'm lucky I'll see you both again sometime down the road.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

"If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals
are better off than a lot of humans. You've nothing to worry about there. Do they
join their masters in an afterlife? I do believe it. With all my heart I believe it."
James Herriot "Dog Stories"

16 Aug 09  Goodbye, Pal Goodby11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 16 Aug 09 Goodbye, Pal   16 Aug 09  Goodbye, Pal Empty

Back to top Go down

16 Aug 09 Goodbye, Pal
Page 1 of 1