Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Chewed up screws on a brand new bike

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ken Mandu

Chewed up screws on a brand new bike Empty
PostSubject: Chewed up screws on a brand new bike   Chewed up screws on a brand new bike EmptySat May 25, 2013 4:44 pm

I bought a brand new 2012 WRR and look at the condition of the top shock adjusting screw. The other one is the same way, though not as bad. How could this have gotten reefed on so roughly? Both directions, no less. I'm bummed. What would you guys do about it?
Chewed up screws on a brand new bike Shockscrew
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Chewed up screws on a brand new bike   Chewed up screws on a brand new bike EmptySat May 25, 2013 5:34 pm

It's brand new?

So you did it?

Or is came from dealership that way?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Ken Mandu

PostSubject: Re: Chewed up screws on a brand new bike   Chewed up screws on a brand new bike EmptySat May 25, 2013 5:40 pm

It came from the dealership that way. You know, looking at the condition of the bottom of the slot, you'd almost think an impact driver was used. But that makes no sense. What would you do?
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Chewed up screws on a brand new bike   Chewed up screws on a brand new bike EmptySat May 25, 2013 5:59 pm

If you bought it brand new I'd go back and ask them to fix what they messed up.
Back to top Go down
Ken Mandu

PostSubject: Re: Chewed up screws on a brand new bike   Chewed up screws on a brand new bike EmptySun May 26, 2013 9:58 am

The problem with that is that I drove 160 miles (one way) to pick up the bike. I'll contact them Tue and see if they can shed some light on this.
Back to top Go down
RRM707

PostSubject: Re: Chewed up screws on a brand new bike   Chewed up screws on a brand new bike EmptySun May 26, 2013 1:49 pm

No way that's brand new. Somebody had the wrong size screwdriver in there,

or at least had trouble breaking them loose......
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Chewed up screws on a brand new bike   Chewed up screws on a brand new bike EmptySun May 26, 2013 5:57 pm

That looks like the rebound adjuster...

If you use a poor fitting screw driver on it, it gets ugly fast as its aluminium, it dosnt hurt it at all, it just looks bad.

I'd adjust it to your likeing and forget about it.

Im surprised the dealer even checked the settings.
Back to top Go down
Ken Mandu

PostSubject: Re: Chewed up screws on a brand new bike   Chewed up screws on a brand new bike EmptyMon May 27, 2013 10:31 am

Thanks for the replies. It's small change maybe, but I still think I should let the dealer know. Not to throw the mechanic under the bus, but the boss can let him know to be a little more careful. You buy something new, you expect it to be pristine. I can shit it up myself, thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chewed up screws on a brand new bike   Chewed up screws on a brand new bike Empty

Back to top Go down

Chewed up screws on a brand new bike
Page 1 of 1