Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Accessory Wiring Question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Travex

Travex

Accessory Wiring Question Empty
PostSubject: Accessory Wiring Question   Accessory Wiring Question EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 2:38 am

Can someone point me in the direction of finding info for wiring a gps? I'm not bad at wiring... I'd just like to know if there is a designated or preferred termination to tie into. If possible, I'd like to get switched juice from around the cowl as opposed to running back to the battery area. I don't have a service manual yet so I'm bugging ya.

Cheers! thumb
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Accessory Wiring Question   Accessory Wiring Question EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 7:07 am

Check out this thread...

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/oh-those-sweet-mods-f5/total-noob-wiring-cig-lighter-t804.htm

You can tap into the brown wire on the meter under the headlight shroud if you don't want to run back to the battery. This will give you key on power. Check your PM for the manual and wiring diagram.
Back to top Go down
Travex

Travex

PostSubject: Re: Accessory Wiring Question   Accessory Wiring Question EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:33 am

mwakey wrote:
Check out this thread...

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/oh-those-sweet-mods-f5/total-noob-wiring-cig-lighter-t804.htm

You can tap into the brown wire on the meter under the headlight shroud if you don't want to run back to the battery. This will give you key on power. Check your PM for the manual and wiring diagram.

Not only is your information prompt and and accurate... but your signature rocks! A-damn-men.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Accessory Wiring Question   Accessory Wiring Question EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 6:42 pm

My reply was only prompt cuz I just happen to get up early this morning for some strange reason. Decided to check the forums while I was waking up with my normal bucket-o-coffee. You are more than welcome. Glad to help.

BTW, if you want to see where I got my key on power, check out the page I wrote on my tach install. About 5 pictures down on this page you will see the brown wire I speak of...

http://keysdog.com/YamahaWR/Motoscope%20Mini/Motoscope%20Mini%20-%20WR250X.html

Wish I could take credit for that quote. I forgot where I found it, but I just love it.
Back to top Go down
WRRSam

WRRSam

PostSubject: Re: Accessory Wiring Question   Accessory Wiring Question EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 5:17 am

mwakey wrote:
Check out this thread...

Any more PM's where that one came from. I'am going to add heated hand grips and having them turn off with the key would save me from many flat batterys.
Back to top Go down
Travex

Travex

PostSubject: Re: Accessory Wiring Question   Accessory Wiring Question EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 9:34 am

mwakey-- thanks for the additional info. Very nice job there!
Back to top Go down
malibu_dan

malibu_dan

PostSubject: Re: Accessory Wiring Question   Accessory Wiring Question EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 8:08 pm

HighFive actually used one of the Eastern Beaver 3 Circuit kits on his R². The write-up is over at wrrdualsport.com

I'm actually thinking of using their 8 circuit system. That way I can power the heated grips, the GPS, the iPod, the heated vest, and the cappuccino machine.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Accessory Wiring Question   Accessory Wiring Question EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 8:13 pm

You forgot the mini-keg.... amazon

malibu_dan

PostSubject: Re: Accessory Wiring Question   Accessory Wiring Question EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 9:38 am

SheWolf wrote:
You forgot the mini-keg.... amazon

She! You're alive! Request for life updates in General Discussion...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accessory Wiring Question   Accessory Wiring Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Accessory Wiring Question
Page 1 of 1