Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Auto Clutch for WRR/X ??

Go down 
+2
raymondhenson
TwoBuells
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

Auto Clutch for WRR/X ?? Empty
PostSubject: Auto Clutch for WRR/X ??   Auto Clutch for WRR/X ?? EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 10:27 pm

I’d like to get a auto clutch for my WR250R.
Being new to Dual Sport, my last dirt bike was an 1984 RM250 some 28 years ago, (dirt bikes sure have changed)
I was riding this Dual Sport event last weekend and after talking to a few guys I found out about autoclutches and started looking for info:
dyna ring vs rekluse, I don’t know the full story but I was searching for a Dyna Ring and seems like there was a lawsuit and rekluse won and there are not any US web sites selling Dyna Rings for the WRR that I can find.
There is a site in Australia that sell Revloc Dyna Ring and do have the WRR/X listed.
Has anyone tried and or are using the Dyna Ring autoclutch?
Are there any US dealers still selling Dyna Ring for the WRR?
Back to top Go down
raymondhenson

PostSubject: Re: Auto Clutch for WRR/X ??   Auto Clutch for WRR/X ?? EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 1:12 pm

Now I'm curious about dyna ring as well. I have been waiting for and emailing rekluse about the WRR. Let me research on dyna ring. Please share any results you find.

Cheers:
Back to top Go down
MBevans

MBevans

PostSubject: Rekluse   Auto Clutch for WRR/X ?? EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 1:31 pm

I can appreciate your desire for a Rekluse, they are great.

But remember it will take some of the off idle grunt/power away from this motor. On any bike they are installed on, they soften slightly the transition from clutch "in" to clutch "out".

While I like my WR250r, it may be a double edged sword for the little WR.....

I've used them, and have one in my garage for another bike, but not sure if I would want to lose any more power on my WR, and my bike has all the power Farkles except for a bore-kit....

Just my thoughts,
M
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: Auto Clutch for WRR/X ??   Auto Clutch for WRR/X ?? EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 2:21 pm

http://www.revloc.com.au/prod37.htm

dyna ring for WRR/X

I emailed them and got a quote on shipping. 570AU shipped to Pa. (about 520US)

but im not willing to loose any power. When the clutch is locked does it still slip? I'm not quite understanding the loosing power. maybe because of just a little more rotating weight?dunno 
I've never rode with one.

it must be really weird with one. Say your at a light and blip the throttle, you lurch forward. It would be something to get used to but fun!wings 
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: Auto Clutch for WRR/X ??   Auto Clutch for WRR/X ?? EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 2:35 pm

MBevans wrote:
. On any bike they are installed on, they soften slightly the transition from clutch "in" to clutch "out".

i just re read your post and soft during transition, I can deal with that.

Back to top Go down
MBevans

MBevans

PostSubject: Re: Auto Clutch for WRR/X ??   Auto Clutch for WRR/X ?? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 2:59 pm

A well versed long time dealer of off-road bikes told me; "if you're looking at either a 400 or 450 off-road bike and want to use a Rekluse and like to loft the front wheel, buy the 450".

He's was right.... if you have plenty of power, no worries, but I would rather save a few more $$ and buy a big-bore kit, rather than spend money on a horsepower robbing auto clutch...

Different strokes,
Enjoy
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Auto Clutch for WRR/X ??   Auto Clutch for WRR/X ?? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:49 pm

MBevans wrote:

But remember it will take some of the off idle grunt/power away from this motor. On any bike they are installed on, they soften slightly the transition from clutch "in" to clutch "out".

I've used them, and have one in my garage for another bike, but not sure if I would want to lose any more power on my WR, and my bike has all the power Farkles except for a bore-kit....

Just my thoughts,
M
I have to totally disagree with you on this...

The auto clutch only slips for about 1000-2000rpms tops from idle then is completly locked up.

You can also adjust the auto clutch to engage quickly and kinda hard to cut down on the slipping too if thats what you like.

The WRR doesnt have enough power to get out of its own way at that low of rpm anyway even with a regular clutch you'd be slipping it lol.

You would have to ride crazy slow and easy to notice the slight power loss off idle and if you did ride that slow and low rpm wise
you would stall all the time, the WRR isnt a 450mxer that can pull hard right from idle lol.

I race with a guy that has a auto clutch in a yz125, hes quite fast and the auto clutch is basicly there as a anti stalling device for when he screws up.
Back to top Go down
MBevans

MBevans

PostSubject: Re: Auto Clutch for WRR/X ??   Auto Clutch for WRR/X ?? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:48 pm

Racing and trail riding are two different things. I have 2 sets of balls Ti & SS and yes I adjust the "hook-up" depending on what I'm doing with my Aprilia RXV550.

They might work OK on the little WRr, but they do soften off-idle response generally, ok.... I'm going to use a Rekluse in my new Beta, and strongly like them.

But not being able to easily slip the clutch on my little WRr to get it spinning, would make it feel slower...
Yes you can override it, but on some bikes the clutch pull with the Rekluse is hard..

My 2 cents

Enjoy

Biglake wrote:
MBevans wrote:

Just my thoughts,
M
I have to totally disagree with you on this...

The auto clutch only slips for about 1000-2000rpms tops from idle then is completly locked up.

You can also adjust the auto clutch to engage quickly and kinda hard to cut down on the slipping too if thats what you like.

The WRR doesnt have enough power to get out of its own way at that low of rpm anyway even with a regular clutch you'd be slipping it lol.

You would have to ride crazy slow and easy to notice the slight power loss off idle and if you did ride that slow and low rpm wise
you would stall all the time, the WRR isnt a 450mxer that can pull hard right from idle lol.

I race with a guy that has a auto clutch in a yz125, hes quite fast and the auto clutch is basicly there as a anti stalling device for when he screws up.  
Back to top Go down
miniceptor86

PostSubject: Re: Auto Clutch for WRR/X ??   Auto Clutch for WRR/X ?? EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 5:39 pm

Another source is EFM, www.efmautoclutch.com
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Auto Clutch for WRR/X ??   Auto Clutch for WRR/X ?? EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 2:58 pm

I was able to buy a DynaRing for my WRr just prior to them discontinuing mfg, in the US.
I like it but I have to admit that I don't use it that often - mostly on the harder stuff. It comes in handy on the more technical trails and I haven't noticed any depreciable loss of power. My only complaint is that if you have to get back on the bike on an uphill slope, you have to carry something to lock the brake because it's like having it in neutral. A minor issue IMO.
But if you want to hop up a ledge or a stump, it works good and makes it a little easier, for me anyway.
Back to top Go down
TrintCole

PostSubject: Re: Auto Clutch for WRR/X ??   Auto Clutch for WRR/X ?? EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 11:37 pm

I contacted revloc Australia . They won't take a credit card, only a wire transfer. Has anyone bought from them?

Also, enduro pilot lists a dynaring for a yamaha wr250r (2 stroke )

I have tried to find if yamaha even made a wr250r 2 stroke. I can't find such a bike. Did the make one?

I wonder if its a mistake on enduro pilots listing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Auto Clutch for WRR/X ??   Auto Clutch for WRR/X ?? EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 1:33 pm

TrintCole wrote:
I contacted revloc Australia .  They won't take a credit card, only a wire transfer. Has anyone bought from them?

Also, enduro pilot lists a dynaring for a yamaha wr250r (2 stroke )

I have tried to find if yamaha even made a wr250r 2 stroke.  I can't find such a bike. Did the make one?

I wonder if its a mistake on enduro pilots listing.
Yamaha made a WR250 2 stroke. Don't think it had an "R" on the end of the model name though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Auto Clutch for WRR/X ??   Auto Clutch for WRR/X ?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Auto Clutch for WRR/X ??
Page 1 of 1