Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Can it be done

Go down 
+3
BuilderBob
rsteiger
txstroker
7 posters
AuthorMessage
txstroker

Can it be done Empty
PostSubject: Can it be done   Can it be done EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 10:33 pm

should i buy a hole new suspension or can i tweek the stock one for heavey mx riding.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

Can it be done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can it be done   Can it be done EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 6:36 am

txstroker wrote:
should i buy a hole new suspension or can i tweek the stock one for heavey mx riding.
Why would you want to do that when I suspect you may be able to buy a used MX machine that weighs about 80 lbs lighter for close to the same coin.
Back to top Go down

Can it be done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can it be done   Can it be done EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 12:59 pm

If yer gunna rid the WrR in hevvy mx donut spend any $$ on it now save your $$ for repares!!!
Back to top Go down
txstroker

Can it be done Empty
PostSubject: yo   Can it be done EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 1:10 pm

i just think it would be cool as hell to follow my buddys to the track with ther mx bikes in the back of their trucks,than i will just ride up on the wr and spank them on the track than ride it home, i got a crf250r i race with a big bore kit but i think i can make this bike competitive.
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

Can it be done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can it be done   Can it be done EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 1:47 pm

dhally wrote:
If yer gunna rid the WrR in hevvy mx donut spend any $$ on it now save your $$ for repares!!!
That's funny on several levels! poser2 
Back to top Go down
Biglake

Can it be done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can it be done   Can it be done EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 5:41 pm

I ride my wrr on mx tracks quite often... I race the local scramble series and 1/2 the races include mx tracks.

I have my suspension revalved for woods riding and dont have the recommended stiffer fork springs I need for my weight, I bottom the forks on larger jumps and when I dont land rear tire first but the shock works very well, I havent noticed it bottom yet. Considering the bikes setup for woods stuff it works quite well, once I get my lazy butt in gear and get the right fork springs it will handle jumps quite well.

If you get the suspension revalved for mx it will work well on the track but may beat you up every wheres else, which is why mines setup for woods riding where I spend most of my time.

Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

Can it be done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can it be done   Can it be done EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 10:21 pm

Biglake wrote:
I ride my wrr on mx tracks quite often... I race the local scramble series and 1/2 the races include mx tracks.

I have my suspension revalved for woods riding and dont have the recommended stiffer fork springs I need for my weight, I bottom the forks on larger jumps and when I dont land rear tire first but the shock works very well, I havent noticed it bottom yet. Considering the bikes setup for woods stuff it works quite well, once I get my lazy butt in gear and get the right fork springs it will handle jumps quite well.

If you get the suspension revalved for mx it will work well on the track but may beat you up every wheres else, which is why mines setup for woods riding where I spend most of my time.

You are a better man than me. If I am going to be off-road all day I will just take my 2001 GasGas XC250 since it is so much lighter and has off road tires. I bought the bike used for less that what I will be spending to revalve and respring the WRR suspension.
Back to top Go down
txstroker

Can it be done Empty
PostSubject: its time   Can it be done EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 8:32 pm

I just got my q4, megubomb and tuner on order I wont to do every thing at once, btw when I had the place were I bought the bike lower it they told me I needed a lowering link so I payed them 180.00$ for this thing. when I asked them for my old part they told me they could not find it. So I put two and two together and realised they just flipped my stock link and charged me for a new one.So of cours I am going to rase hell and get my $ back but this is my question would it be better to leave it fliped or should I put it back in the original position and buy that nice blue yamalink.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Can it be done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can it be done   Can it be done EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 8:40 pm

Can you post a picture of this flipped link?
Back to top Go down
txstroker

Can it be done Empty
PostSubject: flp   Can it be done EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 1:04 am

ok I am a dum$#@ its black I would bet the stock one would be just silver.
Back to top Go down
txstroker

Can it be done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can it be done   Can it be done EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 1:07 am

txstroker wrote:
ok I am a dum$#@ its black I would bet the stock one would be just silver.
its that L link my camera wont take a good pic of it but would I be better off with the yamalink,as far as jumping goes.
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

Can it be done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can it be done   Can it be done EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 6:50 am

Your better off with the stock link unless you can't touch the ground.
Back to top Go down
john westcott

john westcott

Can it be done Empty
PostSubject: Yes it can   Can it be done EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 8:23 am

Contact Go Race Suspension http://go-race.com/wordpress/?page_id=291 they can advise you with out ripping you off.
They can rework the stock shock for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Can it be done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can it be done   Can it be done Empty

Back to top Go down

Can it be done
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: Technical :: Suspension-
Jump to: