Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Stuttering

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DestinationOffroad

Stuttering Empty
PostSubject: Stuttering   Stuttering EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 10:47 pm

Nothing broke yet, but yesturday right when i got above 50mph the engine light came on, around 5 minutes later the bike started stuttering. Seemed like i was in too high a gear and the RPMS were really low, but i wasn't. Limped it home, now im scared to ride it and get stranded. What do you thinks up? Thanks
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

Stuttering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuttering   Stuttering EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 12:50 am

Hey mate when my bike displayed these very similar symptoms a few months ago, it just ended up being due to a slightly loose battery connection at the negative terminal.

Carry out a system check to see what DTC's may have been logged. ( As there should now be a code in the system being that the check light actually came on ).

Most common code to see when those symptoms occur would be due to a low voltage supply problem.

Maybe worth checking the charge rate at battery when running, check battery terminals for tight & clean connections. Also carry out battery load test. ( Can just use a digital multi-meter set to DC volts to check what the battery drops to whilst under cranking load - do this with the kill switch in the OFF position so that the engine just cranks over without actually starting. I'd say that the voltage needs to stay above +9 volts min ).

Sorry i don't have the time just now to go thru the self check procedure for fault code reading - but i believe from memory that it is "mode 51", or it could be "mode 61", but i think from memory 61 is to clear the codes in combination with the red kill switch. ( So 51 to read codes, and then 61 to clear any stored codes ? ).

Anyway maybe just do a quick search on here for something like "trouble code" or such to see what comes up...i'm sure that there will be plenty of info about how to carry out the "self check / DTC code check"
Also search under "diagnostic mode" to find all info about getting into this set up.

Try these above simple & quick basic checks first and report back with any findings. Further assistance can then be given from your feedback, if needed.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
DestinationOffroad

Stuttering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuttering   Stuttering EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 1:30 pm

The negative was barely hanging on there, i bet that was it. Thanks man!
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

Stuttering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuttering   Stuttering EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 1:19 am

I had the same symptoms with the same problem. Simple fix! Check those battery leads from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stuttering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuttering   Stuttering Empty

Back to top Go down

Stuttering
Page 1 of 1