Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Could the WRR pull a small trailer?

Go down 
+3
beee
dmmcd
Prairieparson
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Prairieparson

Could the WRR pull a small trailer? Empty
PostSubject: Could the WRR pull a small trailer?   Could the WRR pull a small trailer? EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:58 pm

I got an idea the other day when I met a retired couple on a tandem bicycle with a small trailer loading up after shopping at Wally world. I wonder if anyone has ever tried pulling a small trailer with the WRR? Here's my interest in this topic. I would like to set up the WRR for a long distance ride. However putting a lot of stuff on the back is a problem for me. I'm plenty tall to get my legs over the bike, but I'm not as young as I used to be. Getting the right leg over after 60 isn't so easy anymore and anything on the luggage rack makes it kind of hard. So, I saw the trailer and thought maybe I could put my extra stuff on a trailer? I checked. The trailer itself weighs about 150. I'm not planning to haul a piano or anything, just some camping gear, sleeping bags etc. Any help would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could the WRR pull a small trailer?   Could the WRR pull a small trailer? EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 3:00 pm

you mean like this? Look HERE

Could the WRR pull a small trailer? IMG20120601181626-M

Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: Could the WRR pull a small trailer?   Could the WRR pull a small trailer? EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 3:42 pm

http://www.moto-mule.com/

A bit pricy, in my opinion, but they do make them for the WR250r/x.
Back to top Go down
beee

PostSubject: Re: Could the WRR pull a small trailer?   Could the WRR pull a small trailer? EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 7:17 pm

I wouldn't mind one of those. A tub for gear, or a little role cage for my dog. I would ride a lot more if my dog would stop giving my the puppy dog eyes every time I get ready to leave. I end up taking the car just so he can come along.
Back to top Go down
Prairieparson

PostSubject: Re: Could the WRR pull a small trailer?   Could the WRR pull a small trailer? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 9:46 am

That's exactly what I had in mind. Anyone had any experience actually towing such a rig?
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: Could the WRR pull a small trailer?   Could the WRR pull a small trailer? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 12:08 pm

I wouldn't mind getting one. Those Moto-Mules are pretty cool trailers & it's an interesting design. Takes the load off the back of the bike & after seeing the video, the thing will go on uneven ground just as your bike would. It isn't cheap but not too bad considering the amount of time & cost of materials & tools to build one yourself.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman

PostSubject: Re: Could the WRR pull a small trailer?   Could the WRR pull a small trailer? EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 1:00 pm

Prairieparson wrote:
That's exactly what I had in mind. Anyone had any experience actually towing such a rig?
Why yes I do... That is my bike above...

Some trips....

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=798205

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=913666

And no way in hell would I put a dog back there off road at least. no. way.

I love this set up and have used it extensively...

Could the WRR pull a small trailer? DSCN1050-M
Back to top Go down
Prairieparson

PostSubject: Re: Could the WRR pull a small trailer?   Could the WRR pull a small trailer? EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 5:40 pm

I've found some 80 or 90 liter saddlebags. I'm going to try them before I go to the expense of this trailer.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman

PostSubject: Re: Could the WRR pull a small trailer?   Could the WRR pull a small trailer? EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 8:25 am

http://m.youtube.com/results?hl=en&client=mv-google&gl=US&q=moto+mule&submit=Search

Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Could the WRR pull a small trailer?   Could the WRR pull a small trailer? EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 9:24 am

IMO you don't need all that gear. The dog is another story.
Back to top Go down
jon_l

jon_l

PostSubject: Re: Could the WRR pull a small trailer?   Could the WRR pull a small trailer? EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 3:38 pm

Prairieparson wrote:
I've found some 80 or 90 liter saddlebags.  I'm going to try them before I go to the expense of this trailer.
80 or 90 liters is enormous!  I can't imagine such giant bags on a WRR/X. If you fill them up, I bet that could seriously affect the handling.

The beauty of a trailer is that the most of the weight is not on the bike.  Mr. Fisherman can provide an approx. % of tongue weight to gross weight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could the WRR pull a small trailer?   Could the WRR pull a small trailer? Empty

Back to top Go down

Could the WRR pull a small trailer?
Page 1 of 1