Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Engine warning light lit up for a few seconds

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cutthroat Bill

Cutthroat Bill

Engine warning light lit up for a few seconds Empty
PostSubject: Engine warning light lit up for a few seconds   Engine warning light lit up for a few seconds EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 2:50 pm

I was riding my WRR one night last week when suddenly my engine warning light lit up for a second or two, then it flickered once or twice and died out. I haven't seen it light up since. Not sure if it matters, but it happened in a long left-hand turn, going slightly up-hill.

I have been riding the bike on salted roads these last few weeks, so I'm wondering if corrosion in some connection could be the culprit. Anyone have any thoughts on what might've caused the light to come on, and is there any reason for me to worry?

By the way, do you guys ride on salted roads? What do you do to protect your bike(s)?
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

PostSubject: Re: Engine warning light lit up for a few seconds   Engine warning light lit up for a few seconds EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 5:36 pm

Hey mate check for any logged DTC's via DIAG mode, as this will let you know what the fault relates to if there is a stored code. I've had this similar symptom happen, along with a few others, and the code was 46 = "voltage supply low". The cause of the CEL flashing on & code logged was due to slightly loose battery terminals. Also check the main electrical wire connection inside the rubber boot at the starter motor, as this can trap water. It may be even more susceptible to corrosion at that connection due to the "salted" roads.

Note, if you use the search function here on this site, you can look under "diag mode" to find several threads on how to access this mode. ( Also note that if your bike is the 02 sensor eqquipped "Euro" version, then you do NOT need to run the ground wire at the lean angle sensor - just access the DIAG mode via the buttons on the Digital Dash ).

Check out all of the above and report back please.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Cutthroat Bill

Cutthroat Bill

PostSubject: Re: Engine warning light lit up for a few seconds   Engine warning light lit up for a few seconds EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 12:58 pm

I entered diag-mode, but didn't see anything interesting, other than co-mode. Do I have to press some additional combination of buttons to see possible error codes?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Engine warning light lit up for a few seconds   Engine warning light lit up for a few seconds Empty

Back to top Go down

Engine warning light lit up for a few seconds
Page 1 of 1