Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Wolfman side luggage brackets gone!

Go down 
+3
MTWIBadger
danwray
sophijo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sophijo

Wolfman side luggage brackets gone! Empty
PostSubject: Wolfman side luggage brackets gone!   Wolfman side luggage brackets gone! EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 2:13 pm

Wolfman says that they're no longer making these. Any recommendations for an alternative?
Back to top Go down
danwray

danwray

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman side luggage brackets gone!   Wolfman side luggage brackets gone! EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 3:03 pm

I'm in the same boat, looks like happy-trails rack is comparable, and they have a hard-luggage version thats a little sturdier but more expensive. i just cant find any pics of people with the sl rack on a wr2, i'd like to see how it installs before i buy one
Back to top Go down
MTWIBadger

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman side luggage brackets gone!   Wolfman side luggage brackets gone! EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 5:26 pm

I have a large Cyclerack on my WR250R. When I go on my overnight trips, I put on removable side luggage racks for my soft saddlebags. The side racks are designed to hook into a rear Cyclerack.
It's an option if you need to carry a lot of stuff like I do.

Back to top Go down
Dogen

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman side luggage brackets gone!   Wolfman side luggage brackets gone! EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 11:46 am

Try this site, the wolfman racks are not listed as 'out of stock'
http://www.qualitycycleparts.com/Wolfman_Luggage_Side_Rack_RWR250R_p/wm%20rwr250r.htm
Back to top Go down
sophijo

PostSubject: No Wolfman   Wolfman side luggage brackets gone! EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 pm

Dogen wrote:

Try this site, the wolfman racks are not listed as 'out of stock'
http://www.qualitycycleparts.com/Wolfman_Luggage_Side_Rack_RWR250R_p/wm%20rwr250r.htm

I spoke with this guy just now. He doesn't have Wolfman racks any more and will remove it from his site. He was enthusiastic about Dirtbagz and their rack. On sale now: bags + rack for $250. He says they're not "waterproof" but real close. He's used them personally for many miles and never been wet. He recommends the smaller Scout version. Also there's a fender bag with a Velcro plate for the rear fender that he was real happy with. Anyway seems like a good guy with lots of miles under his belt, willing to take the time to talk with me.
Back to top Go down
Little Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman side luggage brackets gone!   Wolfman side luggage brackets gone! EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 12:44 am

sophijo wrote:
Wolfman says that they're no longer making these. Any recommendations for an alternative?

There's a guy selling some Dirt Bagz racks over on ADVrider...

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=943008
Back to top Go down
sr1

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman side luggage brackets gone!   Wolfman side luggage brackets gone! EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 3:36 am

There was another source but that one's gone too. I think it's a general copyright issue.
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman side luggage brackets gone!   Wolfman side luggage brackets gone! EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 7:31 pm

You can still buy the hoops from BRmoto for ~$65 & build your own.
I invested less than an hour tacking up this side. The hardest part is holding the hoop where you want it while you tack it. My kids all grew up & left  dddog 

Wolfman side luggage brackets gone! Photo-5
Back to top Go down
sophijo

PostSubject: 4play   Wolfman side luggage brackets gone! EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 9:10 pm

What's your seat? I'll check out the loops........I know what you mean about the kid's being gone! I had to mow the lawn last summer!
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman side luggage brackets gone!   Wolfman side luggage brackets gone! EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 9:22 pm

It's an XPC kit similar to seat concepts. A guy I know bought a bike with this on it & replaced it with a seat concepts kit. I got this one free. I'm supposed to do 200 miles of two track Saturday, I'll let you know how it does.
Back to top Go down
sophijo

PostSubject: Seat   Wolfman side luggage brackets gone! EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 9:36 pm

Sounds like fun....I'm looking at 2 feet of snow! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman side luggage brackets gone!   Wolfman side luggage brackets gone! EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 7:31 pm

Right side done

Wolfman side luggage brackets gone! Photo-9

Wolfman side luggage brackets gone! Image
Back to top Go down
sophijo

PostSubject: Rack   Wolfman side luggage brackets gone! EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 8:08 pm

Thanks for the picks of the rack! I see a piece of tubing going side to side. Could you take a pic from above the rear frame; unless you've already put the seat back. I think I can build this! BTW just rec'd one of Jared's racks like yours, two day ago! He really does a nice job.
Regards
Dave
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman side luggage brackets gone!   Wolfman side luggage brackets gone! EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 8:46 pm

I used the same attachment points as original Wolfman stuff as it obvious worked well. I used tubing instead of bar to go from the hole next to the muffler mount to the hole next to the right front hole that the top rack uses. I pinched the tube flat & drilled through, then rotated 90 & pinched the tube flat. Then the tube that goes from the hoop is welded directly to it instead of bolted like the Wolfman just for simplicity sake.

Looking at the pic, I used the hole on the lower left then twisted 90 and used the hole next to the tail light bracket.

Wolfman side luggage brackets gone! Photo-10

Here's the bracket with paint drying

Wolfman side luggage brackets gone! Photo-11

It came out very rigid.

Back to top Go down
sophijo

PostSubject: Ridgid   Wolfman side luggage brackets gone! EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 9:46 pm

Very nice! Thanks for taking the time to photo! I have an idea (you tube) for a jig to bend the hoops, and can weld them so I'll give it a shot!!
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman side luggage brackets gone!   Wolfman side luggage brackets gone! EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 11:00 am

The hardest part I learned was making them come out even. What makes it a bugger is the frame is asymmetrical & clearing the exhaust on one side. After these pics I went back & raised the left side at the rear by almost a 3/4" I also learned 1/4" thick strap is much more rigid than the 3/16" I used on the left originally.

Wolfman side luggage brackets gone! Photo-13
Back to top Go down
sophijo

PostSubject: 1/4" strap   Wolfman side luggage brackets gone! EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 8:03 pm

1/4" it is! Scrap yard is still covered with a foot of snow so no material yet for me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman side luggage brackets gone!   Wolfman side luggage brackets gone! Empty

Back to top Go down

Wolfman side luggage brackets gone!
Page 1 of 1